SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-20-2011, 08:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Bertelson View Post
So I played around with graphedit last night and I noticed something on there. The files for avatar and D9 both show a pinout for subtitles but it doesn't connect to anything.

I am playing around with the antipack now but I am still getting high cpu usage with it and dropped frames like crazy, also it doesn't work with all my playback files.

So the codecs for me are really bugging me and I just ended up uninstalling most of them. I then went digging for an FFDshow DXVA and found a codec pack called sharky007. I figured what the heck at this point I may as well try it. So I downloaded it and threw the files in graphedit and the pinout for the subs finally went some where. I believe it was vodsub or something like that. What codecs are the people with working subs using and how does it display in graph edit?

I believe I am getting closer to this but it really is resolving around figuring out what codec is the best for me. I tried the divx codec and that played back some of the stuff fine but not all of it. Its pretty hard to find a DVXA codec that works on everything.
The problem with most DXVA video decoders is they don't manage subtitle playback on their own. You need something like DirectVobSub to overlay the subtitles on the video. BUT, using something like DirectVobSub breaks DXVA hardware acceleration and puts massive strain on the cpu during playback. FFDSHow DXVA is the best option because it manages subtitle playback itself. This is all simple to get working and I've been wanting to write a blog post on it. However, currently the sage demuxer will not connect to FFDShow DXVA. Ideally you could set FFDShow DXVA as the system default video renderer and all would work. The situation as it sits complicates things a little as it requires a registry change to force a different demuxer to take over for non .ts or .mpg recordings.

I'll post what I have working when I get back later tonight.
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7
Old 01-20-2011, 08:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GollyJer View Post
The problem with most DXVA video decoders is they don't manage subtitle playback on their own. You need something like DirectVobSub to overlay the subtitles on the video. BUT, using something like DirectVobSub breaks DXVA hardware acceleration and puts massive strain on the cpu during playback. FFDSHow DXVA is the best option because it manages subtitle playback itself. This is all simple to get working and I've been wanting to write a blog post on it. However, currently the sage demuxer will not connect to FFDShow DXVA. Ideally you could set FFDShow DXVA as the system default video renderer and all would work. The situation as it sits complicates things a little as it requires a registry change to force a different demuxer to take over for non .ts or .mpg recordings.

I'll post what I have working when I get back later tonight.
I've been using ffdshow DXVA without issue lately... It seems to connect just fine. Though I have since gone back to using just the CPU based ffdshow to get some post processing (as I've got the CPU to spare for it).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-20-2011, 10:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I've been using ffdshow DXVA without issue lately... It seems to connect just fine. Though I have since gone back to using just the CPU based ffdshow to get some post processing (as I've got the CPU to spare for it).
Are you sure you have ffdshow DXVA working? It can be set to be used and sage's demux will simply puke on it and fall back to the next available decoder. Setting FFDSHow DXVA to show in the tray when being used is the best way to verify. I've NEVER been able to get FF DXVA working with the Sage splitter. Take a look at what I just posted in the thread about it. It looks like Sage has potentially identified the problem.
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7
Old 01-21-2011, 10:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, i just set it back to check, and it doens't seem to be working for H.264, but does seem to work for VC-1.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Sage Expert

Where is the check box for DVXA in FFDshow?
Old 01-21-2011, 05:29 PM
SageTVaholic

It's a separate decoder (ffdshow DXVA Video Decoder). It supports H.264 and VC-1 (though they have to be enabled in the configuration first).

Old 01-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Sage Expert

yeah but where do I get that DVXA decoder for FFDshow though? I had the 007sharky pack installed for vista and it gave me the option of selecting DVXA on one of the tabs or multithreading.

I uninstalled that though because I didn't trust it and just installed FFDshow tryouts one. I can't find where I would enable the DVXA on the straight FFDshow one. I found multithreading but not DVXA.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:33 AM
SageTVaholic

DXVA is a more recent feature in ffdshow, so you need a more recent package. I usually download ffdshow from Free-Codecs.com, which I believe auto build from recent source code (it'll pop up near the top on a google search for ffdshow). The configuration is not in the ffdshow configuration, there's a separate control (as it's a completely different filter). The start menu items should contain a video options, audio options, and DXVA options.

Old 04-16-2011, 01:20 PM
Sage Expert

So have subtitles been fixed yet?