SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:52 PM
SageTVaholic

I was trying to clarify what you meant by the difference between "purchased ("permanant") content with my ripped ("temporary") content." Thinking you meant recorded instead of ripped, as I assume you rip your purchased material. Regardless, my point about using the Archived flag as intended is still valid.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-09-2011, 02:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Wow, I did say that. Yes I did mean purchased/permanent and recorded/temporary (I fixed the prior post now).
Old 01-11-2011, 11:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Has anyone else noticed that the remuxed MKVs don't play a smooth as the original BD rip?
Old 01-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've never noticed any issues with mine but then again I don't have any full BD rips to compare it to...

I would guess that if there's any difference it would have something to do with the MKV splitter in use, since the underlying codecs in use should be the same.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, but this is on an extender.... It's almost like it's playing them just a bit to slow and every second or so it has to jump to catch up.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hmm, strange, I haven't had any problems with them on either my extender or client PC and when I first purchased the HD300 I threw every codec combination I had at it to see if it was up to the job (VC1/H.264 + DTS HD/TrueHD) and all of my Blu-Ray rips played fine.

I would suggest a network issue but as you say the original BD rips play fine...I've only been using Sage for a few months so I don't fully know how things work but does the extender access the file directly or does the server route the file to it somehow?
Old 01-11-2011, 11:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
Has anyone else noticed that the remuxed MKVs don't play a smooth as the original BD rip?
Quote:
Yeah, but this is on an extender.... It's almost like it's playing them just a bit to slow and every second or so it has to jump to catch up.
I never noticed that but when I used DVDFab v7 to rip StarTrek original TV series BD to MKV I had audio sync problems. They apparently were fixed with version 8 as I can rip the same episodes to MKV without the sync problem now. I use HD200s for playback not sure of the firmware but I believe I am using the last non-beta that is V7 compatible.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Just because you don't record content with sage, doesn't mean you can't use the recording library for content that it is better suited to (like tv shows).
I was curious to try this. How did you go about moving your ripped tv dvds/blurays to get them to appear in the recording library?

I am using SMM though so with the new way mymovies handles tv series should I not even bother and just wait and see how SMM will handle tv series?
Old 05-08-2011, 05:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwynd View Post
I was curious to try this. How did you go about moving your ripped tv dvds/blurays to get them to appear in the recording library?

I am using SMM though so with the new way mymovies handles tv series should I not even bother and just wait and see how SMM will handle tv series?
I would advise against importing recordings into tv. To me if it isn't recorded I don't want it to show it was. Diamond allows you to move imported tv into the tv views without having to import it as recordings.

That being said if you are using smm you are best to wait hopefully won't be too much longer
Old 05-08-2011, 05:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwynd View Post

I have used BMT to move them (which can do it automatically upon import if set up correctly). I've also developed a plugin (haven't used it in some time) that will do this from in the STV. I disagree with PluckyHD on this one (and historically, a lot of things it seems) in that the database should be separated by content type, not source. TV shows in one listing, Movies in another.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I have used BMT to move them (which can do it automatically upon import if set up correctly). I've also developed a plugin (haven't used it in some time) that will do this from in the STV. I disagree with PluckyHD on this one (and historically, a lot of things it seems) in that the database should be separated by content type, not source. TV shows in one listing, Movies in another.
See it me it is imported/recorded/movies. I just don't like to see my DVD collection tv in with recorded. Diamond of course allows it all to he under the tv section each with their own view.

And what are you talking about we never disagree.

As for bmt if you are already using mymovies for tv I wouldn't do another as you will likely complicate things. I am working on getting smm tv metadata into sagetv
Old 05-09-2011, 05:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
See it me it is imported/recorded/movies. I just don't like to see my DVD collection tv in with recorded. Diamond of course allows it all to he under the tv section each with their own view.
Yeah, if I went through the trouble of buying it, it seems like it should be placed separately from the stuff I watch and delete

Quote:
As for bmt if you are already using mymovies for tv I wouldn't do another as you will likely complicate things. I am working on getting smm tv metadata into sagetv
Ooh, does that include launching episodes directly from the DVD rip? Or BD rip (though I think MM doesn't support that metadata for BDs)?
Old 05-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I would advise against importing recordings into tv. To me if it isn't recorded I don't want it to show it was. Diamond allows you to move imported tv into the tv views without having to import it as recordings.

That being said if you are using smm you are best to wait hopefully won't be too much longer
Thanks plucky good to know. I finally got around to ripping a couple bluray seasons that I had so I figured it would be a good time to do some cleanup and maintenance on how I had stuff stored.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah, if I went through the trouble of buying it, it seems like it should be placed separately from the stuff I watch and delete
That's what the Archive flag is for (and, conveniently, what BMT and my plugin both set upon flagging an import as a recording).

Old 05-09-2011, 07:21 PM
SageTVaholic

I guess I don't see the point to importing it as a recording just to flag it as something so it's not shown with recordings.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:28 PM
SageTVaholic

It's not about it showing with 'Recordings'. It is it showing with TV - meaning a list of series, with multiple episodes. I don't have a menu called 'recordings'. It's TV or Movies. Much better split of content than Recorded TV or Movies&ImportedTV.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It's not about it showing with 'Recordings'. It is it showing with TV - meaning a list of series, with multiple episodes. I don't have a menu called 'recordings'. It's TV or Movies. Much better split of content than Recorded TV or Movies&ImportedTV.
That is where diamond and the metadata flag "TV" come in. Then it is with tv and there is no need or reason to import it into tv.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That is where diamond and the metadata flag "TV" come in. Then it is with tv and there is no need or reason to import it into tv.
How is that really any different though? You still need to set that flag (either manually, or automatically - either way, it's still the same steps). The advantage of my method, is then it's grouped with TV no matter what UI you use (including the default).

Old 05-10-2011, 09:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
How is that really any different though? You still need to set that flag (either manually, or automatically - either way, it's still the same steps). The advantage of my method, is then it's grouped with TV no matter what UI you use (including the default).
Different Strokes for different folks