SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:49 PM
Sage Expert

Metadata for movies

I need to know which file holds the metadata for the movies. I have the bmt plugin installed. I don't know if this makes a difference. I need to purge the file and rebuild it.
Thanks
Old 12-23-2010, 07:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnadeau View Post
I need to know which file holds the metadata for the movies. I have the bmt plugin installed. I don't know if this makes a difference. I need to purge the file and rebuild it.
Thanks
The information is stored in SageTV's database, so it can't be easily removed. The best way to completely wipe the metadata for a single file, is to remove the file, then refresh sagetv media, and then add the file.

Or, from the BMT Web UI, you can manually update and edit the metadata.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:14 AM
Sage Expert

How do I delete the sagetv database because I have over 500 movies and it would be very tedeous and take forever to do individually.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
How do I delete the sagetv database because I have over 500 movies and it would be very tedeous and take forever to do individually.
I guess, before we go down that path... what is it that you are trying to do?

Do you want to re-fetch metadata/fanart for 500 movies... or do you simply want to get rid of all information about all those movies, and not bother fetching metadata?
Old 12-23-2010, 10:02 AM
Sage Expert

I installed mymovies and it messed up the running time on all my movies. I uninstalled mymovies and rescanned but all my movies show running times of days, minutes . I am trying to get it to show correct lenght of movie
Old 12-23-2010, 11:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I installed mymovies and it messed up the running time on all my movies. I uninstalled mymovies and rescanned but all my movies show running times of days, minutes . I am trying to get it to show correct lenght of movie
I'm not sure how mymovies works, but if it creates .properties, then you'll need/want to remove .properties in your media directory, or else, when sagetv reloads the movies, then it will load the data from the .properties. Likewise bmt will skip files that have an existing .properties.

By far the easiest was to remove all metadata is to simply remove the video source from the sagetv video sources. Then tell sagetv to refresh, and then add the video source back, and then tell sagetv to refresh.

If you have bmt installed, and automatically fetch metadata is enabled, then it will chug through the files fetching metadata/fanart in the background.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks, This is what I needed to know. Mymovies created xml files. Do I need to remove all the xml files from 500+ folders or will doing what you just mentioned fix my problem?. As I mentioned previously I have removed mymovies. The strange thing though is that I have the Diamond plugin installed and when I use the wall view it shows the right running time, but when I use the sage dvd folders view is when I see the days and minutes. Is there possibly a problem with the diamond plugin?
Old 12-23-2010, 04:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks, This is what I needed to know. Mymovies created xml files. Do I need to remove all the xml files from 500+ folders or will doing what you just mentioned fix my problem?. As I mentioned previously I have removed mymovies. The strange thing though is that I have the Diamond plugin installed and when I use the wall view it shows the right running time, but when I use the sage dvd folders view is when I see the days and minutes. Is there possibly a problem with the diamond plugin?
If you see the correct information in the native sagetv ui, but you see different data in the diamond theme, then I'd contact that group about what could be wrong.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:15 PM
Sage Expert

I tried what you suggested and it shows the correct data in the diamond theme but still shows the days, minutes in the sage listing, so I will contact the diamond theme group about his issue. Thanks for your help.