SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
There are a couple of options to negate the need for this script. Do you know if your box has a setting to turn on when any number IR code is received? Two of my boxes can do this so there is no need for a keep alive script.

Do you know if there is a command line utility for the Hauppauge IR blaster? If there is then you could just call this from a Groovy script. There is a utility for the USB-UIRT called uutx.exe that you can run and pass an IR code.

Another potential option is FireWire.
Alas, no firewire and no turning on when any number IR code is received. I used both on my old SA4250. I've found a command line utility that is a wrapper around HCWIRBLAST.dll but it only support digits as confirmed by the developper. It was made by somebody for GBPVR a while ago.

I'm leaning toward a USB-UIRT. Still have to test what Slugger suggested but if that doesn't work, I will probably change the way I handle channel changing. That's what you have a USB-UIRT, right? Do you know if it will work on a Windows Server 2003? My sagetv setup is installed on this box since at least 2009 and I don't want to mess with it if possible.

Thank you for your suggestions.

ehfortin
Old 01-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Check your sagetv_0.txt log file after Sage has changed the channel via the blaster. Look for a line like this:

Quote:
SUCCESSFULLY opened IRTuner on port
With the Hauppauge IR Blaster, the message is : "Playing IR tune command of ##" where ## is the channel that is changed to.

Is there any way to increase the log verbosity? I expect we won't get more information but it's kind of the last thing I can think of at that point.

Thank you.

ehfortin
Old 01-11-2012, 06:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehfortin View Post
With the Hauppauge IR Blaster, the message is : "Playing IR tune command of ##" where ## is the channel that is changed to.

Is there any way to increase the log verbosity? I expect we won't get more information but it's kind of the last thing I can think of at that point.

Thank you.

ehfortin
Nope. I'm out of ideas. What you might want to do is send an email to Sage support and ask them how you get your blaster to blast commands using the API call. Ask them what parameters are required for the Hauppauge blaster. I expect they'll answer you on this type of request. I'd do it, but I don't have the hardware to actually test any response they might give.

There's certainly no reason it can't work, you just need to know what parameters to pass to that API call.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 01-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Nope. I'm out of ideas. What you might want to do is send an email to Sage support and ask them how you get your blaster to blast commands using the API call. Ask them what parameters are required for the Hauppauge blaster. I expect they'll answer you on this type of request. I'd do it, but I don't have the hardware to actually test any response they might give.

There's certainly no reason it can't work, you just need to know what parameters to pass to that API call.
Just did that. We will see what the answer will be. Based on the actual sage API, the second argument is the TuningPluginPort (which should be 0 on the HD-PVR as well but I tried a few just to be sage) and the fifth arguments is the RepeatFactor. So, 2 is fine (that's the default in blastcfg anyway).

All in all, we have all the arguments and I'm sure they are correct. There is probably something different with the Hauppauge IR Blaster and it may not be exposed in the API. I'll see.

Thank you for your assistance.

ehfortin
Old 01-11-2012, 08:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I will probably change the way I handle channel changing. That's what you have a USB-UIRT, right? Do you know if it will work on a Windows Server 2003? My sagetv setup is installed on this box since at least 2009 and I don't want to mess with it if possible.
I have two cable boxes using FireWire - SA3250HD and SA 4250HD both hooked up to HD-PVRs. I also have an SD box, an SD3200, and for this I use a USB-UIRT. This device has a headphone type plug that can drive two IR emitters and there is also an emitter on the front so you can use it for multiple devices at once.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Hi,

Alas, no firewire and no turning on when any number IR code is received. I used both on my old SA4250. I've found a command line utility that is a wrapper around HCWIRBLAST.dll but it only support digits as confirmed by the developper. It was made by somebody for GBPVR a while ago.

I'm leaning toward a USB-UIRT. Still have to test what Slugger suggested but if that doesn't work, I will probably change the way I handle channel changing. That's what you have a USB-UIRT, right? Do you know if it will work on a Windows Server 2003? My sagetv setup is installed on this box since at least 2009 and I don't want to mess with it if possible.

Thank you for your suggestions.

ehfortin
I use USB-UIRT on my WHSv1 server (same code base as Windows Server 2003) to drive dual set-top boxes and it works perfectly so I believe you're good to go. The OS automatically recognized the device and configured it - no user installation of drivers or anything.

Kevin C.
Clients: HD-200 (HDMI to Sony KDS60A2020), SageTV Client (MSW7)
Storage: 2008R2, WHS2011VM, RAID5-4TB
Old 01-13-2012, 06:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcormier View Post
I use USB-UIRT on my WHSv1 server (same code base as Windows Server 2003) to drive dual set-top boxes and it works perfectly so I believe you're good to go. The OS automatically recognized the device and configured it - no user installation of drivers or anything.

Kevin C.
That can't be true. There are no USB-UIRT included in any Windows OS. You need to install Windows XP drivers for USB-UIRT on WHS v1. You can get the drivers from the USB-UIRT website. If your WHS v1 recognized it then the drivers had to be downloaded and installed somewhere on that box.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:40 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
That can't be true. There are no USB-UIRT included in any Windows OS. You need to install Windows XP drivers for USB-UIRT on WHS v1. You can get the drivers from the USB-UIRT website. If your WHS v1 recognized it then the drivers had to be downloaded and installed somewhere on that box.

Gerry
Oops - my mistake - I stand corrected - I went looking and, sure enough, there were the drivers on my desktop (that I now remember downloading from the WWW site). Thanks for the reminder / clarification
Clients: HD-200 (HDMI to Sony KDS60A2020), SageTV Client (MSW7)
Storage: 2008R2, WHS2011VM, RAID5-4TB
Old 01-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

I got the answer from SageTV's support team. The Hauppauge IR blaster is accessed through the HCIRBLAST.DLL file and the only thing that is provided by SageTV is the channel number. It is the Hauppauge app that does the rest. As such, it would not work to send something else (like a "enter").

I've ordered a USB-UIRT in order to resolve the problem. Too bad I can't use what is already there.

Thank you all for your support. I certainly hope everything will work as planned with the new device on Windows 2003 Server.

ehfortin
Old 01-13-2012, 08:06 PM
SageTVaholic

I used to use WHSv1 as my Sage server and I don't remember having any trouble installing drivers for the USB-UIRT so you should be fine. It also gives you the flexibility to use multiple STBs.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:22 PM
SageTVaholic

SJQv4 web UI now available!

Probably a year or so overdue, but better late than never!

I've just uploaded the first release of the SJQv4 web UI. It integrates the various views and editors into the nielm web UI. Install it via the Sage Plugin Manager.

I'm never going to win awards for UCD, aesthetics, or "wow" factor, but it's functional.

There are some incomplete functions in this release:

* There is no menu option to get to the SJQ web UI home page. This requires a core web UI update to edit. A future update to the web UI will include the link in the main menu. To access the web UI for SJQv4, simply visit (and bookmark) /sage/sjq4.groovy within your web UI.

* There is no way to edit the task list to be queued for manual recordings. This feature requires changes to the core web UI code and I'm in no hurry to do it. A future web UI update will provide the required changes to allow for this.

* Editing the task list for favourites is done through the generic favs properties editor - there is no SJQ specific wrapper around this editor. This likely won't change. Simply look at the favs properties for an existing fav with tasks assigned to it to see how you need to modify things for other tasks.

* Most of the editors don't do a lot of error checking. If you pass bad info you'll hopefully get an exception dump and the operation will fail. In some cases, the operation will appear to proceed but nothing will be changed (because the SJQ server rejected the input on the server side and I didn't bother catching and reporting the errors back to the browser). I'll chip away at the error reporting as time goes on.

Feedback welcomed. I think I've got most of the important functionality covered in one form or another. Obviously let me know if I've missed something obvious.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Slugger this should be very useful. I will install as soon as I can find a "maintenance window".
Old 01-15-2012, 04:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks Slugger this should be very useful. I will install as soon as I can find a "maintenance window".
Feel free to install asap, it won't require a restart of Sage (because the plugin is just a zip file of groovy scripts added to the web UI).

EDIT: ... unless you need to upgrade a required dependency then a restart would be required. If you're already running web 2.33 then that shouldn't happen.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Sage said that it wants to restart the service. I tried the URL without a restart and I am getting a 404. I am pretty sure that I was up to date before this.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sage said that it wants to restart the service. I tried the URL without a restart and I am getting a 404. I am pretty sure that I was up to date before this.
Weird... it must have upgraded one of the other dependent jar files. The actual plugin zip file is just a bunch of *.groovy and *.gsp files, which won't trigger a Sage restart.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:28 PM
SageTVaholic

edit - never mind. I haven't upgraded yet as I don't see an SJQ upgrade. The upgrade that I did was for SRE.

I restarted via the new web page method, and I am still getting 404 errors. When I go into the Plugin it says that it was installed on Jan 15 and everything looks ok.

I don't see a sjq4.groovy file anywhere. Should there be one?

From my log file:
Code:
Sun 1/15 18:24:33.882 [29847629@qtp-32433683-7@1c7704d] ::INFO:  Groovy servlet initialized on groovy.util.GroovyScriptEngine@1bdb441.
Sun 1/15 18:24:33.892 [29847629@qtp-32433683-7@1c7704d] ::INFO:  GroovyServlet Error:  script: '/sjq4.groovy':  Script not found, sending 404.
I definitely did do a restart.

Last edited by wayner; 01-15-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Shpows sheduled to record today email script

I created a script to send you a list of all shows sheduled to record today. I run this script from a SJQ cron job at 12:01am so that I can see what shows will be recorded that day. The script also notes whether SRE is monitoring the recording so SRE is required for this. If anyone wants a version without SRE that is easy to do. You don't pass any parameters to this script and I don't run an executable.

At the bottom of the email are links to the Sage WebUI and the Sage Mobile WebUI. These are optional as well but I find they are useful.

I stole the bulk of the code from Slugger's Nightly talk show email script so credit goes to him. I use this on my gmail account without issues but I don't know what the settings would be for other email providers.

If you want more than one day's recordings change the line that starts def end from 1L*1000L to 2L for two days, etc.

Code:
/*
    Daily Email for Sage Recordings
    Last Modified: 14 Jan 2012
           Author:  Wayner although I steal most of the code from...
           Derek Battams <derek AT battams DOT ca>

Run this script daily to produce a report of the day's upcoming recordings.
    Each show includes a link to the web interface, which will allow you to record the
    airing, if so desired.

This script requires SRE as it notes if SRE is monitoring the recording.
    If running from the SageGroovy environment make sure to copy all SRE JAR files
    to the Sagegroovy/lib folder.

I set this to email at 12:01 every morning.

You MUST change the settings below, especially the email settings if you want
    this script to email the output.  The script is written for the SJQv4
    environment and expects it is running in that environment.
*/

import com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sre.engine.DataStore
def BASE_URL = 'http://myserver.dyndns.org:8080/sage' // Base URL to web interface, with NO trailing slash
def sageweburl = BASE_URL+'/Home'  // This is where the Sage Web home page resides
def sagemobweburl= 'http://myserver.dyndns.org:8080/sagem/m/menu.js' // Same for the Sage mobile web page

private class EmailSettings {
    static def sendMail = true                  // Set this to false to just dump the alert msg to stdout instead of emailing it
    static def host = 'smtp.gmail.com'
    static def user = 'fred.flinstone@gmail.com'
    static def pwd  = 'Wilma'
    static def port = '465'
    static def subj = 'Sage Recordings for Today'
    static def from = user                       // Gmail will reject mail via SMTP if the from addr != user id so no point in changing this
    static def to   = 'fred.flinstone@gmail.com'           // Sometimes Gmail won't send an email addressed to yourself, try a plus address at the end; YMMV
    static def ssl  = 'true'                     // Gmail requires SSL, other SMTP servers may or may not; this is a STRING setting!

}

def sendMail(def msg) {
   def ant = new AntBuilder()
   ant.mail(mailhost: EmailSettings.host, mailport: EmailSettings.port, subject: EmailSettings.subj, user: EmailSettings.user, password: EmailSettings.pwd, ssl: "true") {
       from(address: EmailSettings.from)
       to(address: EmailSettings.to)
       message(msg)   
   }
}

def start = new Date()
start[Calendar.HOUR_OF_DAY] = 0
start[Calendar.MINUTE] = 0
start[Calendar.SECOND] = 0
def end = new Date(start.getTime() + 1L*1000L *3600L * 24L) // 1 day * 1000ms/s * 3600s/hr * 24hr/day
def shows = new HashSet()
def airings = []
airings=Global.GetScheduledRecordingsForTime(start.getTime(), end.getTime()) 
def datastore = DataStore.getInstance()
def msg = new StringBuilder()
StartTime=start.format('EEEE MMM d hh:mm a')
EndTime=end.format('EEEE MMM d hh:mm a')

msg <<"TV Recording Schedule for: $StartTime to $EndTime\n"
msg <<"-----------------------------------------------------------------------------\n"
airings.each {
    msg << "${new Date(AiringAPI.GetAiringStartTime(it)).format('hh:mma')} to ${new Date(AiringAPI.GetAiringEndTime(it)).format('hh:mma')}\n"
    msg << "${ShowAPI.GetShowTitle(it)} - "

SRE1 = datastore.getMonitorStatusByObj(it)
    SRE = SRE1.toString()
    if (SRE == "NO_MONITOR") {
        msg << "${ShowAPI.GetShowEpisode(it)}\n"}
    else {
        msg << "${ShowAPI.GetShowEpisode(it)} - SRE is monitoring\n"}
    msg << "${BASE_URL}/DetailedInfo?AiringId=${AiringAPI.GetAiringID(it)}\n\n"
}
 msg << "To edit go to: $sageweburl\n"
 msg << "or for mobile: $sagemobweburl\n"
if(EmailSettings.sendMail && msg.toString())
    sendMail(msg.toString())
else if(msg.toString())
    println msg
return 0
Old 01-15-2012, 07:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
edit - never mind. I haven't upgraded yet as I don't see an SJQ upgrade. The upgrade that I did was for SRE.

I restarted via the new web page method, and I am still getting 404 errors. When I go into the Plugin it says that it was installed on Jan 15 and everything looks ok.

I don't see a sjq4.groovy file anywhere. Should there be one?

From my log file:
Code:
Sun 1/15 18:24:33.882 [29847629@qtp-32433683-7@1c7704d] ::INFO:  Groovy servlet initialized on groovy.util.GroovyScriptEngine@1bdb441.
Sun 1/15 18:24:33.892 [29847629@qtp-32433683-7@1c7704d] ::INFO:  GroovyServlet Error:  script: '/sjq4.groovy':  Script not found, sending 404.
I definitely did do a restart.
The URL is
Code:
http://ip:port/sage/sjq4.groovy
The files should have been installed to \SageTV\webserver\groovy\ directory.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Note: SJQv4 web UI is a new, separate plugin

To add the web UI for SJQ, you need to install the new "Sage Job Queue (SJQ) Web UI" plugin. There is no update for the SJQ engine for this, it is a separate plugin.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:45 PM
SageTVaholic

This looks good as it will make it easier to setup tasks as you should be able to copy and paste into the task definition. You will also easily be able to have multiple tasks open at once in multiple browser tabs to compare them.

One suggestion - it would be nice if you could view both logs as an option just like in the UI.

Is there a maximum size for the logs? Some tasks, I am thinking comskip in particular, can be very verbose even when you try to keep the verbosity at a low level. Trying to comskip an 8 hr recording could produce a huge log but I don't have many recordings like that - Ryder Cup golf being the one that comes to mind.