SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
First, you only run the single Win service task client and no others? If so, are you looking at the logs from the UI a lot?
I only run the one task client. I don't really look at the logs unless an event fails.

Quote:
14191 is being constantly reassigned. This task should never be returned to the queue. Show me your config setup for this task, please.
The entry for this task in the database:
ID JOB_ID CREATED ASSIGNED FINISHED STATE HOST PORT SHOW_ICON
14191 COMSKIPTIMER 2011-04-03 04:37:00.0 2011-04-05 18:42:51.684 2011-04-05 18:42:55.325 RETURNED whs 23344 FALSE

The client setup from sjqagent.properties is:
Code:
#Generated by SJQv4 agent
#Tue Mar 22 19:23:20 CDT 2011
task.comskip1.schedule=ON
task.comskip1.args="$SJQ4_PATH\\$SJQ4_LAST_SEGMENT"
agent.port=23344
task.comskip1.resources=50
task.comskip2.schedule=ON
task.comskip2.maxprocs=2
task.comskip1.maxtime=28800
task.comskip1.testargs=mpg
task.comskiptimer.exe=c\:/comskip/comskip.exe
task.comskiptimer.rcmin=0
task.comskip2.maxtimeratio=1.0
task.comskip1.test=c\:/sjqagent/comskip_test.groovy
task.comskiptimer.args=
task.comskip2.exe=c\:/comskip/comskip.exe
task.comskip2.testargs=ts
task.comskip2.rcmax=2
task.comskip1.rcmax=2
task.comskiptimer.maxtimeratio=1.0
task.comskip2.args="$SJQ4_PATH\\$SJQ4_LAST_SEGMENT"
agent.schedule=ON
task.comskip1.maxtimeratio=1.0
task.comskiptimer.schedule=ON
task.comskiptimer.maxprocs=1
task.comskip2.resources=50
task.comskip2.maxtime=86400
task.comskiptimer.maxtime=86400
task.comskip1.exe=c\:/comskip/comskip.exe
task.comskiptimer.resources=0
task.comskiptimer.test=c\:/sjqagent/comskip_timer_test.groovy
task.comskiptimer.rcmax=1
task.comskiptimer.testargs=
task.comskip2.test=c\:/sjqagent/comskip_test.groovy
agent.mapdir=
agent.resources=100
task.comskip2.rcmin=0
task.comskip1.rcmin=0
task.comskip1.maxprocs=2

Last edited by K O; 04-05-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Bingo!!!

There should be no test script configured for the timer task... it just runs periodically. Remove the test script for the COMSKIPTIMER task. You will have to purge the current queue (I think, maybe not, but just do it). That should fix all your problems (as far as tasks constantly rerunning).
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 04-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Sage User

Quote:
There should be no test script configured for the timer task... it just runs periodically.
Without the test script, it can't kick off the sub-events it's supposed to execute. It works correctly with the test script. If I took it off, it wouldn't do anything.

Have a look at what the test script does - is there a better way of doing this without the test script? It scans the recordings for items that don't have .edl files and runs the other comskip task on them.
Code:
/*
    Media File Scanner/Task Queuer

Last Modified: 15 Feb 2011
           Author: Derek Battams <derek AT battams DOT ca>

Use this script to periodically scan your media objects and check to see if
    any need to have tasks queued on them.  Basically, set up your media mask
    and then modify the needsProcessing() function to do the checks you want
    against each object.  If needsProcessing() returns true for an object then
    it will queue up each task listed in the taskIds list for that object.

Typically, you would run this script periodically via the SJQv4 crontab.

PLEASE RUN THIS SCRIPT WITH testMode = true BEFORE ALLOWING IT TO ACTUALLY
    QUEUE UP TASKS!!
*/

/***** CONFIGURE BELOW *****/

def testMode = false // If true, only print out which media files would be queued up, don't actually add the tasks to the queue
def mediaMask = "T" // What types of media should be scanned? (T = TV, M = Music, V = Imported Video, D = DVD, B = BluRay, P = Pictures; TMV = TV + Music + Imports, etc.)
def taskIds = ["COMSKIP1", "COMSKIP2"] // Multiple tasks can be listed, separated by commas

/*
    Returns true if the argument needs to be queued or false if it should be skipped

Modify this function to determine which media files get queued up and which don't
*/
def needsProcessing(Object mediaFile) {
    // This function could be written in a much more condensed manner, but I'm breaking it up for the sake of readability

// So let's skip queuing this media file if it's live tv or an IR recording
    if(AiringAPI.IsNotManualOrFavorite(mediaFile))
        return false

// Personally, I don't comskip until the recording is done, so don't queue up recordings in progress
    if(MediaFileAPI.IsFileCurrentlyRecording(mediaFile))
        return false

// Let's also skip it if it's from a channel known not to have commercials (adjust the regex accordingly)
    //if(AiringAPI.GetAiringChannelName(mediaFile) =~ /HBO.*|M(?:HD){0,1}|WPBS|.*PPV.*/)
        //return false

// Let's also skip it if there is already an edl file for the media file; adjust the extensions, if necessary        
    if(hasArtifacts(mediaFile, ["edl"])) // This function is defined at the bottom of the file
        return false

// All our tests have passed so return true
    return true
}

/***** END CONFIG BLOCK *****/

/***** DO NOT MODIFY BELOW THIS LINE *****/

import com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sjq.network.ServerClient
import com.google.code.sagetvaddons.metadata.Factory
import org.apache.commons.io.FilenameUtils

def sc = !testMode ? new ServerClient() : null
MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFiles(mediaMask).each { mf ->
    if(needsProcessing(mf)) {
        if(!testMode)
            taskIds.each { id ->
                sc.addTask(id, Factory.getMap(mf))
            }
        else
            println "Would queue up '${MediaFileAPI.GetMediaTitle(mf)}' (${MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileID(mf)}); skipped because test mode is TRUE"
    }
}
if(sc != null)
    sc.close()
return 1

// Returns true if any segment of the given media file has at least one artifact of any of the given artifact extensions; false otherwise
def hasArtifacts(Object mf, List exts) {
    for(def it : MediaFileAPI.GetSegmentFiles(mf)) {
        def absPath = it.getAbsolutePath()
        def dir = FilenameUtils.getFullPath(absPath)
        def base = FilenameUtils.getBaseName(absPath)
        for(def ext : exts) {
            def artifact = "${dir}${base}.$ext"
            if(Utility.IsFilePath(artifact))
                return true
        }
    }
    return false
}
Old 04-05-2011, 06:31 PM
SageTVaholic

The exe for that task should be what you are currently using as the test. That script should then be queuing COMSKIP tasks, which calls comskip.exe. The scanner should never be calling comskip.exe directly. The media scan script was not designed to be a test script, but rather an exe script.

In your sjqagent.properties:

Code:
task.comskiptimer.exe=c\:/comskip/comskip.exe
task.comskiptimer.test=c\:/sjqagent/comskip_timer_test.groovy
Should be:

Code:
task.comskiptimer.test=
task.comskiptimer.exe=script\:c\:/sjqagent/comskip_timer_test.groovy
Then the timer script queues up comskip1 and comskip2 tasks as necessary and those tasks either skip or run comskip.exe as needed.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Sage User

That makes sense now that you point it out. I don't know that I could have ever figured that out. Thanks for your help!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Would there be the possibility of showing the show title in the job details without having to dig down into the Show metadata? This would make it so much easier to find the log for a particular show
Old 04-05-2011, 08:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phareous View Post
Would there be the possibility of showing the show title in the job details without having to dig down into the Show metadata? This would make it so much easier to find the log for a particular show
You might want to star this issue for notification about its progress. Tom deals with the STV UI, I don't do any coding on it.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

In trying to decide whether it's safe to move the file(s) over, I've been looking for some SageAPI that would tell me if a show is currently being watched but am having no luck with a check of 'system' status like that. I see a few things that might be interesting under MediaPlayerAPI, but not if a show is paused, or otherwise locked. Best I can think of is to do a copy rather than move, attempt a delete and if it fails put the delete in a new task to try later. Any suggestion on a way to test for a file open/locked by sage or better way to handle the situation?
Old 04-06-2011, 09:22 AM
SageTVaholic

In the MediaPlayerAPI there is a method (might be GetCurrentMediaFile() but I'm not sure since I'm going from memory) that will tell you what MediaFile the player has loaded. "Loaded" just means it's being watched, and may or may not be paused. I think that's the API you want. Just compare the MediaFileID of the loaded MediaFile with the MediaFile you are interested in to check for equality.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
In the MediaPlayerAPI there is a method (might be GetCurrentMediaFile() but I'm not sure since I'm going from memory) that will tell you what MediaFile the player has loaded. "Loaded" just means it's being watched, and may or may not be paused. I think that's the API you want. Just compare the MediaFileID of the loaded MediaFile with the MediaFile you are interested in to check for equality.

Tom
I saw that, but interpreted it to be the LOCAL MediaPlayer... i.e. playing on the server's screen, not a client or extender.... (I've no idea how sage actually plays stuff on clients or extenders, it could be a local player I suppose) Are you suggesting it's valid if clients are playing the file too? That would be great!
Old 04-06-2011, 09:55 AM
SageTVaholic

You've got to query what each player is doing. Loop through all UI contexts and connected clients. Look at each one's media player and query what it's playing, if anything. If it's playing something then see if it's playing the object in question and respond accordingly.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
You've got to query what each player is doing. Loop through all UI contexts and connected clients. Look at each one's media player and query what it's playing, if anything. If it's playing something then see if it's playing the object in question and respond accordingly.

Yeah,... I'm afraid I've just gone way, way down the road of "Huh?"!

While I get the concept, it's laughable how far over my head those three sentences are....

Leaves me with the blind attempt at the move and if that fails, do a copy so I can proceed with the rest of my process on the desired naming and drop a delete in the task list for the original file(s) when it's done to try and clean up the self inflicted mess.... When I'm beat, I'm beat.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post

Yeah,... I'm afraid I've just gone way, way down the road of "Huh?"!

While I get the concept, it's laughable how far over my head those three sentences are....

Leaves me with the blind attempt at the move and if that fails, do a copy so I can proceed with the rest of my process on the desired naming and drop a delete in the task list for the original file(s) when it's done to try and clean up the self inflicted mess.... When I'm beat, I'm beat.
What Slugger suggests is right, and it's really not hard to do. If you've gone down the road far enough that you can read and understand the Sage API you should be able to take the next step and get this working. The only thing I'm not sure of is how to pass the UIContext to the Sage API method, Slugger can tell you how to do that.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:36 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm trying to encourage you get out there on your own and experiment. The concepts might seem difficult, but just break it down...

1) Find all the connected clients/extenders...

Code:
def connected = []
connected += Arrays.asList(Global.GetUIContextNames())
connected += Arrays.asList(Global.GetConnectedClients())
2) Find out what each is doing (ie. are they playing something)?

Code:
def active = []
for(def c : connected) {
   def nowPlaying = MediaPlayerAPI.GetCurrentMediaFile(new UIContext(c))
   if(nowPlaying != null)
      active.add(nowPlaying)
}
3) Was anyone playing your media file?

Code:
def mf // This is what we're testing against, fill it in someway, some how
for(def playing : active) {
   if(MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileID(mf) == MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileID(playing)) {
      println "Someone's playing this media file!"
   }
}
4) Put it all together...

Code:
import sagex.UIContext

def mf = MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileForID(6325006) // This is what we're testing against, fill it in someway, some how
def connected = []
println "Connected: $connected"

def active = []
   if(nowPlaying != null) {
      active.add(nowPlaying)
      println "Client '$c' is playing '${MediaFileAPI.GetMediaTitle(nowPlaying)}/${MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileID(nowPlaying)}'"
   }
}

println "Checking if someone is playing the media file in question (def mf)..."
   }
}
And the output on my system (I had to go out to the tv and start playback on my HD200 to get some data to show up...):

Code:
Connected: [001d6a5ca9d7]
Client '001d6a5ca9d7' is playing 'The Daily Show With Jon Stewart/6331951'
Checking if someone is playing the media file in question (def mf)...
The more you want to do with SJQ/scripting, the more you'll have to dig into the API and start to really grasp what it does and how to make it do what you want it to. I've almost got to cut you off and let you swim on your own with this stuff. (Well, I mean, probably not, but I think you'll find it much more rewarding when you write these solutions yourself. ) Hell, you could probably take this sol'n I just whipped up while on a phone conference and make it much cleaner.

Also, functions like this I put in a library of Groovy scripts, not yet released, but probably eventually. It's a collection of commonly used functions and queries and this is one of them that I'll be adding when I get a chance. So eventually you'll be able to pull in my jar file and do this:

if(SluggersTools.isSomeoneWatching(mf)) {
// Someone's watching it, handle it
} else {
// No one's watching it, do your thing
}

But realize that under the hood, that isSomeoneWatching() function is basically doing some variation of the code I wrote above. Once I get enough content in my library and I properly document it, I'll release it. In the meantime, you'll need something like the example I've provided to do what you want to do.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

I appreciate the help and encouragement, I really do. And I respect the 'teach a man to fish' concepts too. To assume there's no attempting and experimenting going on would be a mistake, there is, but a programmer I'm not so I don't get far (or at times, anywhere).... Regardless, message received. Didn't intend to hijack the sjq4 thread with programmer 101 questions, apologies.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I appreciate the help and encouragement, I really do. And I respect the 'teach a man to fish' concepts too. To assume there's no attempting and experimenting going on would be a mistake, there is, but a programmer I'm not so I don't get far (or at times, anywhere).... Regardless, message received. Didn't intend to hijack the sjq4 thread with programmer 101 questions, apologies.
This is the spot for questions (well maybe I need a subforum for SJQv4... hmm... maybe not ). And I don't doubt you're trying, but you don't show us what you tried. All we get is, "I need to find out if the media file is being viewed, it's over my head, any suggestions?"

What's better is to say, "I'm trying to find out if the media file is currently being viewed, but I'm stuck. Here's what I've tried: <insert your code in its current state, etc.>, but for some reason I just don't see it. Any suggestions?"

The latter, with your example code, shows the effort and saves me, others work in coming up with examples. I'd rather look at your effort and tweak it as necessary than to write full blown examples for everything. You're also more likely to understand if I tweak your code here and there instead of giving you 40 lines from scratch. The former reads as if you have the code as last given to you and now you want to add something else to it so you're asking for more "help" in doing that. I don't mind helping, I really don't, but the first few examples are "free", after awhile I'd expect to see your code and then help you tweak it as necessary instead of producing full blown examples. So keep working away at it, and keep asking questions, but don't be shy about showing your work.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:36 PM
SageTVaholic

I decided to go ahead and put my tools jar up on the project site for anyone to use.

Download gtools-n.n.n.n.zip from here.

The groovydocs (i.e. javadocs) for the library are updated here.

To install, copy the jar file into the lib directory of your standalone task client. If you're using SageGroovy you must also install it in the lib folder of it as well. If you're using the Sage plugin task client you must install the jar into SageTV\JARs and restart SageTV. Eventually I'll provide a plugin for SageTV, but that's not planned for anytime soon.

To use it, just import the class(es) you want to use in your scripts and then have at it! With this jar, checking if a media file is currently being viewed somewhere is as easy as this:

Code:
import com.google.code.sagetvaddons.groovy.api.*

def mf = MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileForID(123456) // This probably doesn't exist!
if(MediaFileHelpers.isBeingViewed(mf)) {
  // Being viewed somewhere, do whatever
} else {
  // Not being viewed anywhere, do whatever
}
The BitTorrent and uTorrent packages are functional, but probably not useful to anyone but me right now since there's a lot of dependencies, etc. that aren't documented (and I'm not documenting anytime soon). Most people should find everything under the *.api package useful. For now, only MediaFileHelpers is in there, but I'll constantly be adding to it over time. If you have API helpers that you think would be useful for the community then send them my way and I'll put them in (be sure to javadoc them).

Happy scripting!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
This is the spot for questions (well maybe I need a subforum for SJQv4... hmm... maybe not ). And I don't doubt you're trying, but you don't show us what you tried. All we get is, "I need to find out if the media file is being viewed, it's over my head, any suggestions?"

What's better is to say, "I'm trying to find out if the media file is currently being viewed, but I'm stuck. Here's what I've tried: <insert your code in its current state, etc.>, but for some reason I just don't see it. Any suggestions?"
Did I say I was gonna stop? Since most of what I do with groovy/sage is so far up the backside of a... well, dark place, I assume it would do nobody no good no how.... know what I mean?
But if that's the way you like it, here goes:
I've got the test script setup to check for both a recording in progress and a watching in progress, i.e. tied up and untouchable. Lack of metadata and log in the active queue listing is the issue. The task looks like this:
definition in sage is:
executable -Script:\\Sage-pc\c\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\scripts\rename_comskip.groovy
executalbe args - "$SJQ4_PATH\$SJQ4_LAST_SEGMENT"
test script is - \\Sage-pc\c\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\scripts\safe_to_rename_test.groovy
test scripts args - none

Test script looks like this:
Code:
import sagex.UIContext
def mf = MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileForID(SJQ4_METADATA["SJQ4_ID"].toInteger())
// def mf = MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileForID(4548538) // This is what we're testing against, fill it in someway, some how

if(MediaFileAPI.IsFileCurrentlyRecording(mf)) {  // If currently recording wait!
  println("Recording in progress, waiting...");
  return 1;
}

def connected = []
println "Connected: $connected"

def active = []
   if(nowPlaying != null) {
      active.add(nowPlaying)
      println "Client '$c' is playing '${MediaFileAPI.GetMediaTitle(nowPlaying)}/${MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileID(nowPlaying)}'"
   }
}

println "Checking if someone is playing the media file in question (def mf)..."
      return 1
   }
}
      println "File is clear and ready!"
      return 0
Then I've got rename_comskip.groovy script taking over from there.

The test script seems to be running fine and making proper determinations, but when 'released' to the executable, the metadata isn't available and the log is empty, though the file rename happens and comskip does in fact run.

Seems that the missing metadata (within the running task window) is a symptom of something not being right with my process.

Since this symptom doesn't show itself when the executable is run without the test script I assume it's how they're interacting, not the executable code itself (but included here in case it is relevant).
Code:
// def SJQ4_METADATA = ["SJQ4_ID":"4548571", "SJQ4_TYPE":"MediaFile"]

// And then do whatever you were doing as normal; just remember to
// remove the above line before using the scirpt in SJQv4.

import org.apache.commons.io.FilenameUtils
import org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils

private class Settings {
    static public final boolean TEST_MODE = false
}

def mf = MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileForID(SJQ4_METADATA["SJQ4_ID"].toInteger())

if(mf == null) {  //make sure it's a valid file id
    println "Invalid media file id! [${SJQ4_METADATA['SJQ4_ID']}]"
    return 1
}

AiringAPI.SetWatched(mf); // Lets set the show as watched before we go further

// def cats = ShowAPI.GetShowCatagoriesList(mf)  // show catagogries used to decide if its a move or tv series
def type = MediaFileAPI.GetMediaFileMetadata(mf, "MediaType")
def title = ShowAPI.GetShowTitle(mf)
def sNum = ShowAPI.GetShowSeasonNumber(mf)
def eNum = ShowAPI.GetShowEpisodeNumber(mf)
def seNum = sNum > 0 && eNum > 0 ? String.format("S%02dE%02d", sNum, eNum) : null
def subtitle = ShowAPI.GetShowEpisode(mf)
def origAirDate = ShowAPI.GetOriginalAiringDate(mf) > 0 ? new Date(ShowAPI.GetOriginalAiringDate(mf)).format("yyyy-MM-dd") : null
def year = ShowAPI.GetShowYear(mf)

// if (cats.contains("Movie") || cats.contains("Film")) {
if (type == "Movie") {     
    def newPrefix = title + " /(/" + year + "/)/"

} else {

def newPrefix = "${title} - "
    if(seNum != null)
        newPrefix += seNum
    else if(subtitle != "")
        newPrefix += subtitle
    else if(origAirDate != null)
        newPrefix += origAirDate
    else
        newPrefix += "UNKNOWN"

def file = new File(newPrefix + ".ts")
def dir = file.getParent()
def base = FilenameUtils.getBaseName(file.getName())
def ext = FilenameUtils.getExtension(file.getName())
def i = 1
while(file.exists())
    file = new File(dir, "$base-${i++}.$ext")
println "New file is: $file"
newPrefix = FilenameUtils.getBaseName(file.getName())

def numSegments = MediaFileAPI.GetNumberOfSegments(mf)
    if(numSegments == 1) {
        def prefix = FilenameUtils.getBaseName(MediaFileAPI.GetFileForSegment(mf, 0).getAbsolutePath())
        println "Renaming files that look like '${prefix}.*' to '${newPrefix}.*'..."
        renameMatches(MediaFileAPI.GetParentDirectory(mf), prefix, null, newPrefix)
    } else if(numSegments > 1) {
        for(def i2 = 0; i < numSegments; ++i2) {
            def prefix = FilenameUtils.getBaseName(MediaFileAPI.GetFileForSegment(mf, i2).getAbsolutePath())
            def segPrefix = "$newPrefix-$i2"
            println "Renaming files that look like '${prefix}.*' to '${segPrefix}.*'..."
            renameMatches(MediaFileAPI.GetParentDirecotry(mf), prefix, null, segPrefix)
        }
    } else {
       println "No file segments for given media file!"
       return 1
    }

return 0
}

// Pass null for newDir to keep renamed file in same directory

def renameMatches(def oldDir, def prefix, def newDir, def newPrefix) {
    if(newDir == null)
        newDir = oldDir
    Utility.DirectoryListing(oldDir).each {
        if(FilenameUtils.wildcardMatchOnSystem(it.getName(), "${prefix}.*")) {
            def newName = (newPrefix + it.getName().substring(it.getName().indexOf('.')) =~ /[\/\\:*?<>]/).replaceAll("")
              if(!Settings.TEST_MODE) {
                try {
                  FileUtils.moveFile(it, new File(newDir, newName))
                }  catch(IOException e) {
                   e.printStackTrace()
                   println("Failed to move file to destination!")
                   FileUtils.copyFile(it, new File(newDir, newName))
                   }
                } else {
                      println "Would rename '$it' to '$newName' if test mode were disabled!"
                }

}
    }

// comskip attempt

def newName2 = (newPrefix =~ /[\/\\:*?<>]/).replaceAll("") // remove special characthers from newPrefix
def fullpathfile = newDir.toString() + "/" + newName2 + ".ts" // Convert newDir from file type to string variable and add .ts to filename, combine.

def command = ["c:/program files/comskip/comskip.exe", fullpathfile] //define command as an array

println "full command will be '$command'"
def proc = command.execute()
if(!Settings.TEST_MODE) { // Are we running test mode, if not do this
          def initialSize = 4096
          def outStream = new ByteArrayOutputStream(initialSize)
          def errStream = new ByteArrayOutputStream(initialSize)

proc.consumeProcessOutput(outStream, errStream)
              proc.waitFor()
              println 'out:\n' + outStream
              println 'err:\n' + errStream

} else {  // if we are in test mode do this
                println "Would run '$command' if test mode were disabled!"
            }
}

return 0;
Old 04-06-2011, 06:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

The test script seems to be running fine and making proper determinations, but when 'released' to the executable, the metadata isn't available and the log is empty, though the file rename happens and comskip does in fact run.

Seems that the missing metadata (within the running task window) is a symptom of something not being right with my process.
The metadata is missing, but the file gets renamed and comskip starts? Is the file being renamed properly? What do you mean the metadata is missing? The test script runs successfully and returns 0. The exe script starts, renames the file properly and starts comskip, right? Then what happens? What's not happening that you're expecting?
Old 04-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

While the script is "running" I go into the UI under the queued tasks and select the metadata it tells me no metadata is available, when I select the log info it says no log info for this task, when I select ok, the task list goes blank and says "Loading.... if I exit out and come back in it shows the task(s) again.
Same behavior in completed tasks, though for that (different file being processed) task, metadata is there, log info isn't. The scripts do output what's expected, rename is working, comskip is running. Right now on queued tasks I've got one task running that's got no metadata, no log, but it's gotten to the comskip part of the script so there should be some println output at least. Next task is waiting, has no metadata and no log. On the completed side I've got two tasks showing successful, with metadata and no logs, when looking at metadata it's there and exits properly, with logs there's no data and closing that screen I get the Loading... till I exit and return. Is that clearer? I've always had some log info and metadata unless something was 'wrong' with the script. Then there's the wierd behavior of no log data clearing the listing till exit/return.