SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 12-15-2010, 03:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
I see this with the Default STV 7.0.23.1 and have included some shots of a show with the year in the title (Sagetv Recordings/BMT Data) and a shot of an older show without the year in the title (Sagetv Recordings/BMT Data) and also a shot of the STV where the "(year)" is being added in the title in the recording listing.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8067076/Diam...earinTitle.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8067076/Diam...STVDetails.jpg

The older shows definitely don't have the details that the latest show has with the year and episode etc... so maybe this is correct???

Thanks,

Jeremy
Ok, from what I can see.... Perhaps BMT should NOT be setting the Year on Recordings. From the Studio shot, it looks like that if there is a year in the metadata, then it is automatically added to the title.

I can look at dropping the year from the tv metadata.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Since bmt isn't changing the title, it could be a side effect of bmt setting the year. Which API are you calling to get the Title that you are showing. I can try to run some tests to see if i can mimic the behaviour.
Yep, that's it. Sage normally only sets the Year for Movies so the If() statement doesn't even check to see if its a TV show before showing the year.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 12-15-2010, 03:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I see this with the Default STV 7.0.23.1 and have included some shots of a show with the year in the title (Sagetv Recordings/BMT Data) and a shot of an older show without the year in the title (Sagetv Recordings/BMT Data) and also a shot of the STV where the "(year)" is being added in the title in the recording listing.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8067076/Diam...STVDetails.jpg

The older shows definitely don't have the details that the latest show has with the year and episode etc... so maybe this is correct???

Thanks,

Jeremy
That definitely narrows down the problem. It looks like the STV will always show the Year metadata tag (normally only populated with movies as far as sage is concerned) with the title. I've never seen this, as I only use Malore, which doesn't appear to have this behavior. I guess with that in mind, BMT shouldn't populate the actual 'Year' metadata, or perhaps only populate it when it detects the special cases with tvdb data containing the year in the title. Personally, I'd prefer that Year tag be left out (or eliminated, altogether). With BMT having the capability to put that 'series year' and 'movie year' into the title, I think perhaps BMT could only to that, and NOT populate the useless 'Year' tag..

wow.. that was a lot of rambling... so, combination of problems:
1. Sage default recordings screen looks at the 'Year' tag which is only populated for Movies.
2. BMT now populates that field with tv shows, using the OAD year.

I'm not sure which I'd like fixed. Personally, I would prefer:
1. BMT only populates the Year tag for movies. This seems to be what sage's expected use of the 'Year' tag is.
2. BMT keeps the "(2008)" in the title for shows which tvdb returns as such. So the MediaTitle for Conan would be 'Conan' - Merlin would be 'Merlin (2008)'

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 12-15-2010, 03:17 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't think that is correct I don't think sage shows the year by default I am pretty sure it just calls getairingtitle and doesn't call the year. Andy can correct me if I am wrong I am not in front of studio.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:26 PM
Administrator

For the built-in EPG data, movies are considered to have Years; TV shows are considered to have Original Air Dates.

If there is a year, it is shown after the title w/o checking further - it assumes it is a movie. Extra conditionals are cut out when they aren't needed for the standard data SageTV gets from Zap2it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
For the built-in EPG data, movies are considered to have Years; TV shows are considered to have Original Air Dates.

If there is a year, it is shown after the title w/o checking further - it assumes it is a movie. Extra conditionals are cut out when they aren't needed for the standard data SageTV gets from Zap2it.

- Andy
* I'll fix bmt to NOT add the Year metadata for TV shows (recorded or otherwise).
* I'll try to add a bmt 'tool' that will clean out the year from existing TV shows (recorded or otherwise)

Year on a media file for TV probably doesn't make sense as it does for a Movie, especially since the important year would be the year from the series info, for a tv show.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

This is driving me crazy too.

For what its worth I have gone through and changed the names in the WEB UI only to have them all changed back when i scan for Updated metadata. I would really like the option of stripping this...

DEFAULT STV
Comskip triggered by DirMON2 --- HD100 / HD200 /HD300
BMI fanart
Old 12-15-2010, 04:57 PM
SageTVaholic

I just stripped it out of the STV, much easier

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 12-15-2010, 05:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
I just stripped it out of the STV, much easier
I will do the same in the next Diamond release. Thanks for the tip on where it was.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:49 PM
Sage Icon

I think we've slightly diverted from the symptom the OP was talking about.

On an imported video of Merlin, previously BMT would set the Title value to Merlin, now the Title value gets set to Merlin (2008).

This is different to the issue of an STV displaying the year on TV shows when the Year value is set.

John
Old 12-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
I think we've slightly diverted from the symptom the OP was talking about.
Sorry if I hijacked the thread...

I actually had the same problem as the OP where the Title in BMT was coming back with the "Conan (2010)" in the title field not just the displayed "Conan" + "(2010)" in the recording list. I haven't been able to duplicate that issue after one of the recent BMT updates fixed it. (I think)

Cheers,

Jeremy

UPDATE: Here's someone with the Title with the year in the title field...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=102

Last edited by jorton; 12-15-2010 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Update
Old 12-15-2010, 11:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I noticed the following last night, a recording starts and I see it grouped with the other "Conan" recordings, when the recording completes the title seems to change to "Conan (2010)" and then is not included in the grouping. Is this happening when BMT is getting the metadata at the end when the recording is complete?
I am using the Diamond UI mod and seeing the same behavior for recent recordings. One thing to note is that the BMT web UI shows the same recordings without the year added.
I am also in favor of the year showing up in the title IF thetvdb.com has a year in the title to distinguish the different TV series. Example, Doctor Who and Doctor Who (2005)
Old 12-16-2010, 09:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
UPDATE: Here's someone with the Title with the year in the title field...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=102
That is Human Target, which, IMHO, SHOULD include the series start year in the title, to diffrentiate from the Human Target series that ABC had from 1992. Again, though, that is a different issue than the one where the STV is including the 'Year' property in display, if set.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room