SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-23-2004, 11:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Mlbdude as always all good. My only strong complaint is that the "Currently Recording" should jump to LiveTV of that Show that is recording. This still is no easy way from the Sage Main Menu to just sit down and watch TV. This would be a simple fix that would make several users I think very happy .

Eitherway Jeff should make the "current recording" and "miniguide" part of the standard distribution.

Oh and heres a feature request for when you get around to it (I asked Jeff but it got put off):

I think that when your watching something that is currently recording and want to change the channel the following should happen:
(1) If something is being "intelligent" recorded on a tuner it should automatically free that tuner for changing channels. The reason is that I have IR on and it trys to fill up most of the timeslots, but not always with the best material. If I am flipping channels it should not bother me to cancel "ir" suggestions.

(2) (the more practical request) If all tuners are tied up it should present a list of all shows recording and let you choose from that list which one to cancel instead of the current fashion of 5 different popups.

-Brett

Last edited by Brett; 05-23-2004 at 11:31 PM.
Old 05-24-2004, 03:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Eitherway Jeff should make the "current recording" and "miniguide" part of the standard distribution.
i agree, i wanna work on the miniguide a bit when studio comes out, try and get it you could move forward and backward in time, to see shows that were on, or are coming on, without necessarly going to the big epg.

but those 2 things are great. i like malore's delete all, watched all, dont like all options too
Old 05-24-2004, 08:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

mlbdude. Good work. I'm happy with the changes, especially the ability to now see my ripped dvds under Imports. A have a couple of questions and a feature request....

1) What is the "F" with the Red circle around it on all my recordings now?
2) When I go to category view and choose movies it lists hundreds of movies, many of which have a date in the past or a date in the future (ie: 2 months from now). Is this correct?

Feature request: I notice automatic wrapping of lists no longer works. That is, in Sage Recording if I have 20 items on my list I can't press down once more and have it wrap back to 1. Will this be implemented in future releases?

thx

davey
Old 05-24-2004, 09:55 AM
SageTVaholic

I believe the "F" is for First run.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by davey_fl
mlbdude. Good work. I'm happy with the changes, especially the ability to now see my ripped dvds under Imports. A have a couple of questions and a feature request....

1) What is the "F" with the Red circle around it on all my recordings now?
2) When I go to category view and choose movies it lists hundreds of movies, many of which have a date in the past or a date in the future (ie: 2 months from now). Is this correct?

Feature request: I notice automatic wrapping of lists no longer works. That is, in Sage Recording if I have 20 items on my list I can't press down once more and have it wrap back to 1. Will this be implemented in future releases?

thx

davey
1. It is to signify a "First Run". For now if you don't want to see it just delete the .png from the OrigionalV2 directory.

2. I am complete redoing this to a 2 pane view. Doing so will allow me to kill that long issue of showing old shows.

3. I don't like the wrapping in that menu so I got rid of it. I will not be putting it back but when Studio is available to you it is super easy to change.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:28 AM
Sage User

mlbdude,

Anyway to get iso images to appear in the media library? I have hundreds of DVDs ripped to iso images instead of vob files. I use d-tools (daemon tools) to mount the image and watch using the Sage DVD player.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
Doug
Windows 2003 Server - 5 HD Tuners PCI & USB
8GB of RAM / 8TB of Storage
=============================
Sage Clients (6) - XP, Vista64 Ult & Win7 64 Ult
HTPC - Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Old 05-24-2004, 12:06 PM

Do ISO's get loaded by the Sage media library normally? If they do then I may be able to.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:16 PM
SageTVaholic

You should be able to add .iso to the list of library_import_file_extensions and Sage should import them, however something would need to be done in the library to realize that they are images and then call d-tools to mount the image and play it using the DVD player.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:32 PM
SageTVaholic

could that be integrated into Sage?
Old 05-24-2004, 01:50 PM
Sage User

mlbdude & stanger89,

mlbdude, Yes, I have to mount the DVD ISOs externally. Once mounted the ISOs play as if I just inserted the DVD media into the player.

stanger89, hmmm...I never thought about having sage perform the mounting process...

Initially, I was inquiring about simply having all the ISO images show up within the media library. I would have 'dvdname.jpg' located in each DVD directory. This will allow the user to view which DVDs were available on the media server then mount the ISO image externally from Sage. Once mounted, the user will return to Sage and view the dvd from there. I didn't think it was possible for Sage to launch an external app ...but if this functionality is possible, the user could view the list of DVDs, mount the image and view without ever leaving the Sage interface. Now that would be sweet!!

Doug
Windows 2003 Server - 5 HD Tuners PCI & USB
8GB of RAM / 8TB of Storage
=============================
Sage Clients (6) - XP, Vista64 Ult & Win7 64 Ult
HTPC - Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Old 05-24-2004, 02:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Well, here's what I'm going by:
ISOs should show up, since Sage will import just about anything into the video library.

Sage can launch external apps, as demonstrated by mlbdude's DVD launcher.

The only questions left are, can you launch a external process based on a file's extension and will you have to manually play the DVD or can Sage do it automatically, and of course there's dismounting as well.
Old 05-24-2004, 04:57 PM
SageTVaholic

it would be nice if you could just automat something like this
It would make achieving to DVD nice and I also like using my DVD decoders to watch DVD and not my video and audio decoders I have set up for TV
Old 05-24-2004, 05:53 PM
SageTVaholic

AFAIK, when you play a DVD, even one ripped in file mode, Sage can tell it's a DVD and treats it as such, you don't need to explicity play it through the Play DVD. You get the different DVD OSD for example, also, when I try to play one of my ripped DVDs with ffdshow selected in DVD options, I get errors, but change it to Sonic (with ffdshow still selected in Video options) it plays fine.
Old 05-24-2004, 06:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

transparent

How do you get the OSD to be transparent, or is the a feature of Studio only?
Old 05-24-2004, 06:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Enable 3D Accelleration (Detailed Setup->Advanced) and select VMR9 (Detailed Setup->Video) as your video renderer.
Old 05-24-2004, 06:51 PM

Final Beta 1.3 is up.

Items fixed include:

FF\REW in Enhanced OSD with min-guide enabled

Mini-guide will now default to first channel (instead of the last) when brought up unless the show is Live, then it defaults to the current shows channel.

Other items:

Though not complete yet the Browse by Category and Browse by Station are almost done. You can see the new versions in this release.

Thanks!
Old 05-24-2004, 08:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

...made it to RC already?

The Browse By Station is MUCH better.

Only notes:
Browse By Station and Browse By Category should goto the detailed info screen for the show if I hit enter.

Browse By Category is still displaying several thousand music categories that have no matches for shows. If its possible to weed out the categories that have no matchines for them, can you do that?

Otherwise awsome as usual.

One last favor can you make custom button #1 launch Browse By Station that way I can map it to the guide button on the remote?

-Brett

Last edited by Brett; 05-24-2004 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:19 PM
SageTVaholic

also can you in the miniguide that appears over a show you are viewing
can you make it so we can use right and left to go foward and backward in time
I can believe no one has asked this

one more it is ability to hit a channel number and the mini guide will go to that channel so I can see what is on it
and not have to up and down one at time till I get there

stranger are you sure it works like that
I added .vob and it plays them back like a normal video using the TV audio/video selection(TV viewing) I will try though to do it by video_TS
and see if it is different

Last edited by kny3twalker; 05-24-2004 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Brett
...made it to RC already?

The Browse By Station is MUCH better.

Only notes:
Browse By Station and Browse By Category should goto the detailed info screen for the show if I hit enter.

Browse By Category is still displaying several thousand music categories that have no matches for shows. If its possible to weed out the categories that have no matchines for them, can you do that?

Otherwise awsome as usual.

One last favor can you make custom button #1 launch Browse By Station that way I can map it to the guide button on the remote?

-Brett
The Browse menus are still in progress so the first point is coming. The second I have not been able to figure out how to do. I also don't like that is shows all categories in Sage and not just Airings categories. I will need Frey to fix that for me.

I will add custom commands directly into that menu.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kny3twalker
also can you in the miniguide that appears over a show you are viewing
can you make it so we can use right and left to go foward and backward in time
I can believe no one has asked this

one more it is ability to hit a channel number and the mini guide will go to that channel so I can see what is on it
and not have to up and down one at time till I get there

stranger are you sure it works like that
I added .vob and it plays them back like a normal video using the TV audio/video selection(TV viewing) I will try though to do it by video_TS
and see if it is different
First personal version had left and right capability. It had some performance issues though so I killed it.

I will add the channel number jump to mini-guide.