SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-30-2004, 12:19 AM
Sage User

I've gotta be missing something here. I'm using the silver remote with my 350. The 3 pane view of sage recordings gets messy.... for instance I delete a show... Well it remains in the list. Sometimes I can't get to the "folder" pane on the left with the reomte. I must go get the mouse.

So, I want to use this STV. However, I can't get the sage recordings folder to change. I went to setup and enabled the enhaced sage recordings option. But, I don't see any changes. Still the clunky 3 pane view. Right click (options) only bring up the old video background settings.

What am I missing?

BTW: I really like where this STV is headed. Looks great.

Thanks
Old 05-30-2004, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capt Dean
I've gotta be missing something here. I'm using the silver remote with my 350. The 3 pane view of sage recordings gets messy.... for instance I delete a show... Well it remains in the list. Sometimes I can't get to the "folder" pane on the left with the reomte. I must go get the mouse.

So, I want to use this STV. However, I can't get the sage recordings folder to change. I went to setup and enabled the enhaced sage recordings option. But, I don't see any changes. Still the clunky 3 pane view. Right click (options) only bring up the old video background settings.

What am I missing?

BTW: I really like where this STV is headed. Looks great.

Thanks
Sounds like you are still using the old left and right style recordings menu I did many months ago. I dropped development of that due to problems that came up that I could not fix.

You need to first edit your properties file and disable the old mlbdude recordings menu. Then the default menu will appear, and if you select enhanced it will appear instead.
Old 05-30-2004, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kny3twalker
found a small bug
I was watching a chappelle's show ending at midnight
the main menu before I went to watch the show said chappelle's show recording like it should
I started watching the show about 10 minutes after it started and finished watching it about 12:10 am
When I finished watching the chappelle's show
I hit close file to get back to main menu without having to watch some women's comedy show
When I did this (I am getting to the bug)
the chappelle's show was still listed as recording but underneath the text that said overhaulin was the next upcoming recording later this afternoon
the text was layed over the old
I put sage to sleep and rewoke it and it was fine again

like I said small bug
I have a request into Narflex to figure out a way to get the main menu to refresh itself. I see that sometimes too. In fact, I have dropped to just using one of the min-browsers because it annoyed me too much. In a way I am glad someone else sees this besides me.
Old 05-30-2004, 07:18 AM
Sage User

Any way for us to increase the font size in the video list?
Old 05-30-2004, 07:20 AM

Nice that you mention it, in the next release it will include property settings for all font sizes in my video library.
Old 05-30-2004, 09:55 AM

1.4 beta 2 is up.

Check the changelog for changes.

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...8484#post38484
Old 05-30-2004, 10:56 AM
Sage User

Great changes!

I setup a more friendly main menu and made the video list font size bigger so it can be seen on a smaller tv here.

Thanks.
Old 05-30-2004, 11:06 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally posted by mlbdude
You need to first edit your properties file and disable the old mlbdude recordings menu. Then the default menu will appear, and if you select enhanced it will appear instead.

That did the trick. Thanks.
Old 05-30-2004, 03:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just a small bug, the upper arrow for returning to main menu in the new Sage recording menu is acting like the left arrow for cycling thru the shows arrow.

Edit: clicking on the word Sagetv (next to the arrow) does go back to the main menu.

Last edited by thatdude90210; 05-30-2004 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-30-2004, 03:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

ok, i found another issue with the 'mini-guide'

if you sleep sage, then start sage, and go directly to the tv guide from the main menu. then select a program to watch (live tv). sage switches to that channel, and starts showing you the current show. pressing channel up and channel down on my remote doesnt use the mini-guide anymore, it uses the default channel changing by sage.

also, if you sleep sage, then wake sage, and have the "currently recording" option enabled, scroll down to the "currently recording" option, select whatever program is currently recording, then select "watch now" changing channels again, uses sage default style. no mini-guide shows up.

---

<EDIT> im also seeing the 'old' (non enhanced menu) being used in some situations, i just noticed this, havent really narrowed it down to where/why/when, but i'll post back with some info if i can reproduce it

Last edited by xlr8shun; 05-30-2004 at 03:41 PM.
Old 05-30-2004, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xlr8shun
ok, i found another issue with the 'mini-guide'

if you sleep sage, then start sage, and go directly to the tv guide from the main menu. then select a program to watch (live tv). sage switches to that channel, and starts showing you the current show. pressing channel up and channel down on my remote doesnt use the mini-guide anymore, it uses the default channel changing by sage.

also, if you sleep sage, then wake sage, and have the "currently recording" option enabled, scroll down to the "currently recording" option, select whatever program is currently recording, then select "watch now" changing channels again, uses sage default style. no mini-guide shows up.

---

<EDIT> im also seeing the 'old' (non enhanced menu) being used in some situations, i just noticed this, havent really narrowed it down to where/why/when, but i'll post back with some info if i can reproduce it
This behavior was introduced with 1.4 beta 1. 1.4 beta 2 should have fixed this. This is why I backed out the DVD changes as per the changelog.
Old 05-30-2004, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by thatdude90210
Just a small bug, the upper arrow for returning to main menu in the new Sage recording menu is acting like the left arrow for cycling thru the shows arrow.

Edit: clicking on the word Sagetv (next to the arrow) does go back to the main menu.
Unfortunately this is expected. That upper left arrow issues a Left command. If you have the group area selected it will grab that Left. If you have an airing selected it will go to the previous menu.

Until I override that part from Frey it will do that. Since they don't have any menu's with a left or right scroll they probably never thought to use a Back command instead.
Old 05-30-2004, 09:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
This behavior was introduced with 1.4 beta 1. 1.4 beta 2 should have fixed this. This is why I backed out the DVD changes as per the changelog.
damn, and while i was writing that, i was like.. maybe i should check in the 1.4b2 rls just to be sure..

so i checked the changelog instead and didnt see anything reguarding it so i posted anyway.. (didnt realize at the time the regular osd was related to the channel thing also)

my fault.. checking out 1.4b2 now Thanks

Last edited by xlr8shun; 05-30-2004 at 11:32 PM.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by xlr8shun
damn, and while i was writing that, i was like.. maybe i should check in the 1.4b2 rls just to be sure..

so i checked the changelog instead and didnt see anything reguarding it so i posted anyway.. (didnt realize at the time the regular osd was related to the channel thing also)

my fault.. checking out 1.4b2 now Thanks
No problem, that is what the forum is for . Let me know if it is not fixed in beta 2.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:59 AM

Hopefully final beta for 1.4 is out (beta 3).

Couple of things changed so check the changelog.

Two-Pane Sage Recordings menu is back.

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...8484#post38484
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sr_two_pane.jpg (88.1 KB, 300 views)
Old 05-31-2004, 09:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Mlbdude, any new skin this week?

-Brett
Old 05-31-2004, 09:16 AM

I am waiting for something going on at HTPCNews.com. I want to get it out soon though so I can start a new one.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:24 AM
Sage User

Noticed one thing.
With Sage recordings settings, default and horizontal work fine. But in vertical mode, the currently recording programs do not list. Well, specifically the "category" shows up in the pane, but the program itself doesn't show. It doesn't appear until the program has finished recording.

Again, this problem does not appear in the other modes.

[I was pining for the Studio prog.... but your work is including most of the "tweaks" I was eager to tackle. Thanks. ....Ok, still pining though ]
Old 05-31-2004, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capt Dean
Noticed one thing.
With Sage recordings settings, default and horizontal work fine. But in vertical mode, the currently recording programs do not list. Well, specifically the "category" shows up in the pane, but the program itself doesn't show. It doesn't appear until the program has finished recording.

Again, this problem does not appear in the other modes.

[I was pining for the Studio prog.... but your work is including most of the "tweaks" I was eager to tackle. Thanks. ....Ok, still pining though ]
Nice find. This is fixed for next release.
Old 05-31-2004, 12:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Two-Pane Sage Recordings menu is back.
thanks, best feature since the mini-guide

<EDIT> and the regular osd thing, seems to be fixed in 1.4b2, and so far in 1.4b3.

Last edited by xlr8shun; 05-31-2004 at 12:22 PM.