SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

HD200 randomly turns off navigating menus

For the last couple of weeks I've had some trouble with my extender just shutting off while I navigate menus. It isn't happening at the same point every time but it does seem to happen more often in the imported videos menu. It did this to me 3 times last night so I figured I should post something. Quite often the GUI will just freeze for a few seconds, and then the extender will shut off. I'll turn it back on and be able to reconnect right away, nothing seems to happen to the server.

I'm not sure what to even looked at to start troubleshooting this problem. I haven't yet installed the last two RC's of sagetv, but I believe everything else is up-to-date. I'll check tonight and get specific versions of things.

In the meantime I will continue to search the forums to see if anyone else has had this issue. I couldn't find anything earlier.
Bedrooms: Toshiba 32" LCD 1080p
Customizations: Pheonix | Web Server

www.jiff.net
Old 11-03-2010, 08:45 AM
SageTVaholic

I had a similar issue. It wasn't so much with menu navigating. But it would freeze/turn off. Tracked it down to a network card issue on the Sage server. DHCP was momentarilly shutting down the connection while denying the IP renew. Look at your NIC card and any logs on the server.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've seen similar behavior. My HD200 turns off when I am in the recordings menu and I hold down the up button to scroll to the top of the list of recordings. Occasionally when I hit the top of the list the extender powers off. I passed it off to an IR glitch, but maybe it is actually a bug. I haven't filed a bug report since I haven't tested with hidden extras and add-ins disabled.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Mine just started to do this with the 20100909 version of the firmware installed. Anyone know if there is a way to reflash with the same firmware? I have tried resetting with the restart with delete pressed but this has not fixed the issue. I have had issues with the HD200 not starting up or having some kind of error about once a month and resetting did the trick. I am assuming something is corrupted maybe so I would like to reflash and see if that fixes this. Right now, I can navigate for all of 15 seconds before it freezes and shuts down. Needless to say WAF is negative right now.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Having the same issue here with 2 HD200's. Once while navigating the menu's and at least 4 or 5 times while listening to music. The only way to get it back is to cycle power. I have noticed lately that video and music will unexpectedly pause for a few seconds and then resume lately as well. No server or network changes have been made recently. Using firmware 20100909 0.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariJeff View Post
Having the same issue here with 2 HD200's. Once while navigating the menu's and at least 4 or 5 times while listening to music. The only way to get it back is to cycle power. I have noticed lately that video and music will unexpectedly pause for a few seconds and then resume lately as well. No server or network changes have been made recently. Using firmware 20100909 0.
My HD200 shut down twice today while listening to music. I couldn't even turn it on, I had to remove and replace power plug. I'm also running that same firmware.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjames View Post
My HD200 shut down twice today while listening to music. I couldn't even turn it on, I had to remove and replace power plug. I'm also running that same firmware.
I replaced it with another HD200 from my daughters room. It played for about 3.5 hours and it to shut down.

I pressed the power button on the remote, the active light turns red for about 1 second and then turns off.

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with my SageTV products. I've a;sp had problems with my HD300 (also randomly turns off, shocks and turns off when touched), I have (what I believe) are bugs in SageTV which while annoying aren't significant enough to spend the hours necessary support required for me to troubleshoot.

Unfortunately, there really aren't many other alternatives.

Last edited by davidjames; 03-11-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:15 AM
Sage User

I get the music playing shutdown issue randomly. I have 2 HD200s but I haven't swapped to check the other. Sometimes it will play for hours, sometimes not very long at all. I don't know if it's related, but every once in a while while playing music something strange happens to the video output (at 1080/60p) and my Samsung DLP loses the image and reports "Mode Not Supported." It usually comes back when I push some buttons, but sometimes I have to use the "video out" button and cycle through the different modes to get it to come back. I don't think it's related to the visualizations or screen saver. I switched to 1080i output and it doesn't seem to trigger this issue anymore. I haven't had it shutdown since doing so but I also haven't left music playing for very long to find out for sure.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

I also have this problem. My HD200 will freeze and I have to unplug and replug to reconnect. I have two HD200s, and have had both units do this similtaneously. I have completely rebuilt my server (all new hardward--NIC included), replaced my router, and updated software/firmware. The problem went away for awhile after the rebuild, but it is now back and happening with increased frequency. Frustrating.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:03 PM
SageTVaholic

since there hasn't been a firmware update since September, 2010, and there have been several releases of Sage 7 since then, is it time for a firmware upgrade for the HD200?
I get garbled characters on the "connecting to server" screen, and a few shut-downs, freezes.