SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Sage User

SO it turns out its my iphone 4. I loaded tisage onto my wifes 3g and viola it workes fine! Not sure what to do about my phone though?
Old 03-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broswift View Post
SO it turns out its my iphone 4. I loaded tisage onto my wifes 3g and viola it workes fine! Not sure what to do about my phone though?
One possibility is that you launched TiSageTV before configuring it, so when you tried to close it and change the configuration, it was still running, so never got the changes... So make sure to really close TiSageTV, or maybe switch off the phone and back on, make sure the settings are fine, then launch TiSageTV... Someone else did mention having to reboot his iPhone 4 for it to work...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 03-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Sage User

I think I know what it may be. My phone works now too, I mentioned before that the sage_0 file was not there. I figured out that the sage_0 file is the log file for the extender, so I figured out how to enable logging on the extenders and I restarted the WHS. Immediately after that I tried my wifes phone and it worked, I just tried my phone again and know it works, I looked in the sage file and sure enough the sage_0 files are there. Its it possible that with WHS you have to have the logging enable on the extenders for your program to work? That what it took for me anyway.

The only issue now is when I try to stream a file to my 4g it quickly launches the loading movie screen and then immediately jumps back to TIsage without playing anything. Everything else is great. Any suggestions I would have have already been voiced so thanks for a great product! if you want me to do any other testing with my WHS let me know.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Sage Icon

Version 1.10

- The "Sort by title" from albums/songs/videos will bring an indexed list.
- Fixed the ordering of some lists.
- Improved the evaluation of the row's height in various list.
- Added a "Stream in Safari" for iPhone/iPod access outside the server's network.
- Fix: The Playlists did no work for the iPad.

Version 1.09

- Added confirmation to the favorite and file deletions.
- Can now launch LiveTV on a specific channel from the TV guide.

If you tried to stream from outside your network with 1.08, it probably didn't work unless you did it on an iPad. So in version 1.10 you can use the "Stream in Safari" (which is what the iPad uses) for that, while for local streaming you should still use the "Stream" option. Essentially, the iOS media player doesn't like streaming the variable bit rate playlist from the request URL, but using Safari as a middleman makes it work.

I think the favorite deletion is actually busted in this one (but fixed in the next version), as the confirmation was not setup properly, but deleting files works fine.

Upcoming changes

If you have watched the demo videos, you can see that the blue theme is replacing all those white backgrounds with black and gray text.

I am also looking at moving some things around, like putting TV guide with the Recordings, grouping Information and Conflicts together (any idea how to call that section?)...
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 03-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Sage User

I am on my local wifi, I just meant my 4g iphone. So if I understood, I should be able to stream over wifi, but not cellular. Any idea's to trouble shoot streaming not working on wifi?
Old 03-03-2011, 03:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I am on my local wifi, I just meant my 4g iphone. So if I understood, I should be able to stream over wifi, but not cellular. Any idea's to trouble shoot streaming not working on wifi?
With 1.10, try both the "Stream" and "Stream in Safari" option... Are you getting the thumbnails/images on it? Someone mentioned having port 8080 blocked by his phone carrier, so you might need to change the jetty configuration...
Old 03-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Sage User

Just downloaded 1.10 and stream in safari works great. Stream has the same problem mention earlier.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Just downloaded 1.10 and stream in safari works great. Stream has the same problem mention earlier.
The Stream should work within your network (i.e. address 192.168.x.y)... If it doesn't, then I don't know...
Old 03-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
So here is the iPad version:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/408295/TiSageTV-iPad.avi

BTW, the 2 videos are from the beta version 1.16, while the version on the app store is 1.08 and version 1.10 is "In review". The blue theme is complete on the iPod/iPhone version, but there is more work to do on the iPad...
Many thanks for doing the iPad video, I'm really liking what I'm seeing and I can see the inner-geek winning this battle

One question I do have, I saw an earlier mention of this in the thread but couldn't really tell from the wiki whether this is already in or planned to be added: is it possible to navigate all your music using this app and then queue up the songs to play on the currently active client?
Old 03-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagal View Post
is it possible to navigate all your music using this app and then queue up the songs to play on the currently active client?
Yes, you can add items to the currently selected playlist and start it.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thumbs up Port 8080 Blocked by Cablevision

After spending a few intense days trying to get the TiSageTV app to work on my Iphone 4 -- finally.... found out that Cablevision was blocking port 8080 -- went to forwarding port 8088 and setup the TiSage servers accordingly and it works perfect - even better with the improvements in 1.10. Streaming in Safari seems to fix the problem with the intermittent streaming ... once you stream in Safari the problem goes away for streaming within TiSage.. Looking forward to continued improvements. Tech support for this app is terrific - I dont think I waited more than an hour for a response 24/7. thanks -
Old 03-04-2011, 02:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
Yes, you can add items to the currently selected playlist and start it.
Ooh, I think we have a sale

It would be worthwhile emphasising things such as this in the first post of this thread and in the wiki as although I had an inkling this was possible I couldn't find anything explicit (I am due an eye test though ). I expect many people will look at this app (including myself) and say 'what can it do over and above what I can already do with the web interface' and for me, this is one of those things.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagal View Post
It would be worthwhile emphasising things such as this in the first post of this thread and in the wiki as although I had an inkling this was possible I couldn't find anything explicit (I am due an eye test though ).
Well, the wiki might be lagging a bit behind, as it's more about getting people up and running than presenting everything the app can do...

Once I've ironed out things in the current beta and submitted it, I can take another good look at the wiki and update the videos.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:50 AM
Sage User

TisageTV Fonctionne mais pas tout/Work but not all

Hello Fonceur,

I bought your product TiSageTV v1.10 for my iPhone and iPad 4.

I have version 7023 with SageTV 2xHDPVR with Bell TV and 2xHVR-2250 for cable analog & ATSC HD

Server QuadCore 3.0GHz 4GB Ram and Windows XP SP3 2xHD2TB with client: 3xHD200, 2xMVP.

I'd like you to help me to correct my problems Thank you.

I am able with my iPhone or iPad 4:

- From my HD200 extender controller.

- Media Center - Videos (1419), Songs (1505), Pictures (4379), Playlists, Albums (461).

- Remote Work on all 3xHD200 goal Status: Nothing is playing it all 3xHD200.

- Ok Settings

- TV Guide all OK Lineup Bell, Videotron, ATSC.

Unable or iPhone with my iPad 4:

- See the information contained within. (Yes msg / curr_alert_level = 1 is in Sage.Properties)

- Live TV not a TV picture and Status: Nothing is playing.

- I see nothing Recordings TV Shows No, no Schedule, no Favorites
But The Directories Record TV SageTV Server are C: \ TV and D: \ TV

- After 10 to 15 minutes of no activity I have to go in reséllectionner Setting the Server: SageTV
Because the server disappears and the antenna as X and the icon appears. (Normal or not).

Thank you for your support

IronWare

Bonjour Fonceur,

J'ai acheté votre Produit TiSageTV v1.10 pour mon Ipad et iphone 4.

J'ai la version SageTV 7.023 avec 2xHDPVR avec Bell TV et 2xHVR-2250 pour le cable analogue & ATSC HD

Serveur QuadCore 3.0GHz 4GB Ram et 2xHD2TB sur Windows XP SP3 avec client: 3xHD200, 2xMVP.

J'aimerai que tu puisse m'aider pour corriger mes problèmes Merci.

Je suis capable avec mon iPad ou iPhone 4:

- De controller mes HD200 extender.

- Media Center - Videos (1419), Songs (1505), Photos (4379), Playlists, Albums (461).

- Remote Work on all 3xHD200 but Status: Nothing is playing on all 3xHD200.

- Settings Ok

- TV guide OK sur tous les Lineup Bell, Videotron, ATSC.

Pas capable avec mon iPad ou iPhone 4:

- Voir du contenu dans Information. (oui msg/curr_alert_level=1 est dans Sage.Properties)

- Live TV pas d'image TV et Status: Nothing is playing.

- Recordings je vois rien Pas de TV Shows, pas de Schedule, pas de Favoris,
Mais Les Répertoires Record TV du Serveur SageTV sont C:\TV et D:\TV

- Après 10 à 15 minutes d'aucune activité je dois aller reséllectionner dans Setting le Server: SageTV
Car le serveur disparait et l'antenne aussi et l'icone X apparait. (normal ou pas).

Merci pour ton support

IronWare
Old 03-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironware View Post
- Media Center - Videos (1419), Songs (1505), Photos (4379), Playlists, Albums (461).
Donc il y a un acces au serveur...

Quote:
- Remote Work on all 3xHD200
Donc il y un acces au client...

Quote:
but Status: Nothing is playing on all 3xHD200.
Si tu ne fais pas jouer de musique ou video a ce moment la, c'est normal...

Quote:
Pas capable avec mon iPad ou iPhone 4:

- Voir du contenu dans Information. (oui msg/curr_alert_level=1 est dans Sage.Properties)
Il faut s'assurer d'editer le fichier sage.properties sans que le service de SageTv soit actif, sinon les changements ne sont pas conserves...

Quote:
- Live TV pas d'image TV et Status: Nothing is playing.
Ca prend quelques secondes avant de s'afficher s'il y a toujours un acces au client. Si ton installation est en francais, il y a une possiblite que SageTV s'attende a recevoir certaines commandes en francais.

Quote:
- Recordings je vois rien Pas de TV Shows, pas de Schedule, pas de Favoris,
Ici aussi, il y a une possiblite que certaines "metadata" soit en francais.

Quote:
- Après 10 à 15 minutes d'aucune activité je dois aller reséllectionner dans Setting le Server: SageTV
C'est normal, l'antenne wifi/3g se ferme apres un certain temps d'inactivite et peu prendre quelques dizaines de secondes pour redevenir active.

Si tu peux activer le "logging" dans SageTV et SageTCPServer, te brancher avec TiSageTV, puis zipper et attacher les fichiers sagetv_0.txt et sage/properties, j'essaierai de demeler le tout.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:51 AM
Sage User

TisageTV information de Ironware

Bonjour Fonceur,

Merci pour ta réponse rapide, je t'envoi les fichiers demandés.

Le Live TV fonctionne mais j'ai jamais de petite TV qui affiche en haut de la télécommande à la place du Logo TALLUS.

Dans tes examples de Photos il y a des émissions en Français.

Merci.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Ironware TisageTV.zip (478.9 KB, 196 views)
Old 03-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Sage User

Just to confirm and as information for the other users that had the same problem: using the latest version 1.10 I can now stream locally on my iPhone 3GS using the built-in mediaplayer. I was not able to get that working on the 1.08 version. Note that I did not make a single change in the configuration...
Back then restarting the PC, SageTV and iPhone did not make any difference.

Thanks Fonceur for this very nice app!

Johan
Old 03-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironware View Post
Dans tes examples de Photos il y a des émissions en Français.
Oui mais j'ai installe SageTV en anglais dans windows XP anglais, puisque je sais que ca peut creer des problemes sinon...

Enleve le mot de passe, ce n'est pas encore officiellement supporte. Donc aucune information n'est envoyee et en fait je devrais carrement couper la communication si le mot de passe n'est pas envoye par TiSageTV...
Old 03-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Sage User

Enlevé le mot de passe

Bonjour Fonceur,

C'est le mot de pass du SageTCPServer que tu parles, si oui j'ai essayé de l'enlever mais pas capable, quand j'essaie de l'enlever je rentre le mot de passe existant et après j'entre Enter pour pas de mot de passe mais il ne l'accepte pas.

J'ai déinstaller le Plugins, j'ai fait un Reset des paramètres du Plugins mais le password est toujours là.

Préfère tu avoir mon courriel direct.

Merci.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Sage User

Mot de passe SageTCPServer Enlevé

Bonjour Fonceur,

Ok tout est correct j'ai enlevé le mot de passe dans Sage.Properties et je reçois tout l'info dans Information et TV Shows tout est fonctionnel.

En passant dans SageTV c'est tu possible the changer le Weather.com pour Weather.fr pour avoir l'info en Français dans la Page Météo.

Avec SageTCPServer on pourrais tu lire le data des récepteur Bell Sat et Fibe qui est du Microsoft Média room par le port Ethernet au lieu de Passé par des HD-PVR de Hauppauge.

Merci beaucoup et très beau travail pour ton application.

Tags
ios, ipad, iphone, ipod