SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Sage Icon

metadata / fanart for V7 linux?

After several years using an HDx00 and a linux server running V6, I just upgraded to V7. I'd like to finally set something up to grab metadata and fanart for my DVD / BD rips. Can somebody point me at the right plugin to install? It looks like some options will only work on windows (sage my movies?).

Right now, I use the Malore menus. Does that affect things?

About the only extensions I use are comskip playback, the nielm web server, and the java heap monitor...

Sorry for the noob question, but there are so many threads on different things (sage my movies, phoenix, orcut..?) that it is a bit overwhelming trying to figure out what I want.

Thanks,

Drew
Client: Nvidia Shield (HD300, HD100 in storage)
Old 10-03-2010, 03:11 PM
SageTVaholic

You should be able to install the Metadata Tools WebUI plugin (which will in turn install the Phoenix-Core services, which provide automatic fanart lookups for movies)
Old 10-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks! That's awesome! It has "just worked" on most of my rips.

Drew
Old 10-04-2010, 07:22 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
You should be able to install the Metadata Tools WebUI plugin (which will in turn install the Phoenix-Core services, which provide automatic fanart lookups for movies)
One question. In the BMT thread, under Know Problems, there is a mention of:
"BMT may cause recordings to be broken up into multiple parts; 3.x;4.x"

I had a weird thing happen last night where a manual recording failed. I went to start watching it about 10 minutes after the start, and the file size was way too small (~200MB) for that channel. My HD300 said "no signal". I cancelled the recording, and restarted it, and it was fine. This was 7.0.18.2 on Ubuntu 10.04.

In Phoenix/core I'd enabled "Automatic Fanart/Metadata" -- could this have caused the failure? I have a debug log if you'd like to see it. The odd thing is that in the phoenix log, I didn't see a mention of that show until the "restarted" recording finished. In a fit of paranoia, I've disabled that setting for now..

Thanks,

Drew
Old 10-04-2010, 07:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Keep in mind... While I posted that under "known issues"... I could not verify or reproduce this issue myself.... and it applies to Sage6 (at the time that I wrote that, Sage7 wasn't around)

This shouldn't be an issue in Sage7 at all, since I don't do metadata lookups until after the recording is complete. The process of hooking into the events from Sage6 to Sage7 is very different (Sage7 being a much better model). So, I would doubt that BMT was the cause of your issue. I think that many people experience the issue of recordings being broken up into multiple files from time to time... Typically I see this myself on network encoders when I loose connection for a few seconds.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Keep in mind... While I posted that under "known issues"... I could not verify or reproduce this issue myself.... and it applies to Sage6 (at the time that I wrote that, Sage7 wasn't around)

This shouldn't be an issue in Sage7 at all, since I don't do metadata lookups until after the recording is complete.
OK, from your logs, I didn't see the show mentioned until the recording finished, so it was probably something else. At least under V6, Sage had a problem on this machine where the first recording on each tuner after restarting Sage always failed. Under V7, this hadn't been a problem in several restarts so I was assuming this issue was fixed. But this was the first recording on that tuner since I restarted Sage, so I guess I'll file it under SageTV flakiness...

Drew