SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 09-18-2010, 05:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Audio drop outs with HD300

I replaced my HD200 with an HD300 and now I am getting intermittent spells of audio drop out on HDHR and Hauppauge 250 mpeg recordings. Sometimes the video file plays without the drop outs and sometimes it has them. These files do not have audio drop outs if played on the desktop or if played by my HD200.

I have tried all of the configuration settings and nothing helps. I am running HDMI to an Onkyo reciever and I run exclusively in extender mode. The HD300 has the very latest firmware update installed and I am running Sage 7.11. My HD200, which does not have any problems playing the same files using the same HDMI cable, the same reciever and the same TV does not have the latest firmware rev. It is several version back.

PC: W7 32bit, Intel Q9550 2.83 Quad, 4GB DRAM
Cap Devices: Colosuss+UIRT+Cable STB; HDHR QAM+OTA, USB MediaSonic (6TB)
Network Players: HD200, (2) HD300s
Viewing: Samsung 55" 8000, Sony 50" and HP 37"
The more complicated it is the more likely it will break!
Old 09-18-2010, 06:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bits View Post
I replaced my HD200 with an HD300 and now I am getting intermittent spells of audio drop out on HDHR and Hauppauge 250 mpeg recordings. Sometimes the video file plays without the drop outs and sometimes it has them. These files do not have audio drop outs if played on the desktop or if played by my HD200.

I have tried all of the configuration settings and nothing helps. I am running HDMI to an Onkyo reciever and I run exclusively in extender mode. The HD300 has the very latest firmware update installed and I am running Sage 7.11. My HD200, which does not have any problems playing the same files using the same HDMI cable, the same reciever and the same TV does not have the latest firmware rev. It is several version back.

I noticed the same thing earlier today.. audio dropouts with the HD300 when watching the HDHR. However, I did not test it with other devices.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Intermittent server connection problems!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broconne View Post
I noticed the same thing earlier today.. audio dropouts with the HD300 when watching the HDHR. However, I did not test it with other devices.
I may have fixed the audio drop out issue. I changed a setting in my AVR and the drop outs seem to be gone. Time will tell though.

On another note I am having intermittent server connection problems, which I never had with the HD200. The HD300 physically sits where the HD200 used to, so it is using the exact same LAN line that the HD200 did. I tried switching out the LAN cable and that did not help. The HD200, which is upstairs now, connects to the server every time without issue. Is anyone else seeing this?

PC: W7 32bit, Intel Q9550 2.83 Quad, 4GB DRAM
Cap Devices: Colosuss+UIRT+Cable STB; HDHR QAM+OTA, USB MediaSonic (6TB)
Network Players: HD200, (2) HD300s
Viewing: Samsung 55" 8000, Sony 50" and HP 37"
The more complicated it is the more likely it will break!
Old 11-29-2010, 07:43 PM
Sage User

Re:

What setting did you change? I have a similar problem but have not found any solution so far. I had video lags too but they have been solved by enabling Flow Control on the server's network adapter but now there are still those audio dropouts. I have a HD-200 working perfectly with no dropouts, but the HD-300 is giving me a hard time.