SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 09-14-2010, 05:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Control HD200 without remote?

Its a long story but suffice it to say, I forgot the remote at home. I have a Windows tablet, a windows mobile phone (no ir), a windows laptop, a philips tv remote, a philips dvd remote, a router and the normal stuff you get in a nice hotel room. Is there anything I can do?

Its a macguyver moment.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:33 AM
SageTVaholic

I think the web user interface has a remote keyboard option.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks but how do i install that on a stand alone HD200?
Old 09-14-2010, 06:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lash View Post
Its a long story but suffice it to say, I forgot the remote at home. I have a Windows tablet, a windows mobile phone (no ir), a windows laptop, a philips tv remote, a philips dvd remote, a router and the normal stuff you get in a nice hotel room. Is there anything I can do?

Its a macguyver moment.
Sounds like like you're on a business trip and left something important at home... I've been there, done that.

On your windows mobile phone, go to walmart.com and find the nearest location to you... Pick up a cheap USB keyboard or a universal remote. The remote may be a bit difficult to program, probably best to get the keyboard.

Larry
Old 09-14-2010, 06:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lash View Post
Thanks but how do i install that on a stand alone HD200?
I missed that part

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Actually its my bad tmiranda. I realized I didn't mention the stand alone part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryf View Post
Sounds like like you're on a business trip and left something important at home... I've been there, done that.

On your windows mobile phone, go to walmart.com and find the nearest location to you... Pick up a cheap USB keyboard or a universal remote. The remote may be a bit difficult to program, probably best to get the keyboard.

Larry
Haha exactly Thank you! However I've got a problem. First I am in asia, no Wal-Mart and no clue where to shop . My other problem, more serious, is i am using the HD200 with a buffalo hard drive which requires 2 usb ports to operate.

Is there something i can do with something like net remote or anything like that? I do have a 4 port router to work with. Im in one of those serviced apartments as I am here for a few weeks and there is tons of ethernet cable to work with here.

I am hating life right now, how could i be so dumb as to forget the remote?

Last edited by lash; 09-14-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Get a powered USB hub... that'll handle the HDD and the keyboard.

EDIT: ORRR.... go out and check out the night life instead of watching videos in your hotel.. ;-)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-16-2010, 04:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Bought a wireless keyboard which didn't work. Returned it for a normal one and that did. Using the usb tip on my igo charger, normally for a bluetooth headset, to power the usb drive (thought of it thanks to the hub suggestion). Just need a usb extension cord but it works in a pinch.

Nightlife is for the weekend. Work ethic means a video to help me fall asleep so I can have a clear head and early morning for work, as well as my morning exercise videos for energy to go all day.

Thanks for all the help. Macguyver would be proud.