SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Sage User

I got the same thing with a new install of Windoze 7 64 and SageTV. (I had a bad power supply that wreaked havoc on my new server.)

I got as far in the setup wizard as setting up the first of my HDHomeruns. When it got to the screen where it detects the source, I got the "busy whirly" and then the program crashed. On reboot and restart, I get the NullPointerException. I did several instances of R&R of Sage and Java without success. As long as I deleted the Sage folder after uninstalling Sage, I could start Sage. Then it would go to the same point and crash, then NullPointerException on restart.

I rolled back to 15 and all seems well.

I didn't quite know what to do with the jar file. I dropped it in with the rest of the jars, but it didn't help. I tried to run it, but it couldn't find main or something. I didn't try to run it after I dropped it in with the other jars.

What am I supposed to do with the jar? ...drop it in with the rest of them and run it?

Last edited by mitchedo; 09-08-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

The new jar file worked for me. I uninstalled a plugin that I wasn't using and the service did a restart and crashed with the NullPointerException error. It seems to be running ok now.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchedo View Post
I didn't quite know what to do with the jar file. I dropped it in with the rest of the jars, but it didn't help. I tried to run it, but it couldn't find main or something. I didn't try to run it after I dropped it in with the other jars.

What am I supposed to do with the jar? ...drop it in with the rest of them and run it?
It does not go in the JARs subfolder.

After exiting SageTV, make a copy of the existing Sage.jar in the install folder where sagetv.exe is located, copy the replacement sage.jar to that folder, then restart SageTV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is anyone experiencing lag with .16 on a sage client. My Atom system seems to have started running slower since the install of .16. Anyone else seeing this and should I drop the .jar fix on the client as well to fix this issue?
Old 09-11-2010, 11:23 PM
Sage Expert

This JAR got my server running again. Could not figure out why it would not start. Thank you.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man View Post
Is anyone experiencing lag with .16 on a sage client. My Atom system seems to have started running slower since the install of .16. Anyone else seeing this and should I drop the .jar fix on the client as well to fix this issue?
Sorry, this is not a lag problem with Sage but a user error (me) of having Boxee running at the same time.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:53 PM
Sage User

Had this problem a couple of times. First time I had to completely rip everything off to get it resolved and then it happened again for no apparent reason a few days later. Glad I found this topic...

With a problem this bad you should re-compile the SW into 7.0.16.1 or something.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

I had a bizarre version of this problem, was making some hardware changes and assumed I scrambled something in the process when I got a bunch of 'no capture device available' (or something close) messages when trying to manually record something after a couple quiet days without recordings.... replaced the sage.jar file with the one in the post and now its all working again.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Sage User

My first foray into SageTV 7 after completely re-isntalling WHS and this happened. Glad I wasn't the first to find it. Thanks for posting the fix!
Old 09-17-2010, 05:13 AM
Sage User

I had the same problem on a fresh install of both Windows 7 (64 bit) and the latest beta of SageTV (7.0.16) - for me the problem was that it was running in server mode using 'Local System' for credentials which apparently did not have sufficient access rights. When I changed the user to my local user everything started up as expected.

Last edited by Smiley; 09-17-2010 at 05:16 AM.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to acrowe Send a message via MSN to acrowe Send a message via Yahoo to acrowe
Argh I wish I had found this BEFORE I uninstalled, reinstalled, etc

Installed a new tuner, and things went downhill from there..

Well at least my v7 is all nice and clean now
Old 09-20-2010, 06:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Help.

I installed Beta 16 and like others in this thread I'm getting the following error:

Quote:
An exception occured in Java:
java.lang.NullPointerException
I downloaded the Sage.jar but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with it.
I saved it in "SageTV\SageTV\JARs" but that didn't help. Should I extract it into another folder or something?

--EDIT--

I got it working once I noticed Opus' post:
Thanks! That worked perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
It does not go in the JARs subfolder.

After exiting SageTV, make a copy of the existing Sage.jar in the install folder where sagetv.exe is located, copy the replacement sage.jar to that folder, then restart SageTV.

- Andy

Last edited by grauchy; 09-20-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:52 PM
Sage

Already answered above:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...3&postcount=23
Old 09-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Note for WHS Users

I was running v7.0.16.208 and decided to upgrade the memory on my WHS box. Shut Sage down and gracefully shut down WHS. Upgraded memory.

Fired server back up and everything seemed fine except that the service would keep shutting down after being started (either via the WHS console or manually in WHS services). That's when I remembered that Hauppauge drivers don't like memory over 3GB (I have an HD-PVR).

Reverted back to my original 3GB and fired everything back up. Still no joy with Sage. Service would keep shutting down. Did a quick search of the forums and found this thread. Figured it was worth a shot, even though Sage wasn't throwing any errors that I could detect. Backed up the original Sage.jar and installed the one Narflex provided.

Worked like a charm. Just wanted to add my experience for any WHS users out there that might run into the same problem.
Capture: 1 x HDHR (Both tuning QAM); 1 x HD-PVR C2 (Component to Moto DCH-3200 - Channel change via Firewire);
Extenders: 2 x STX-HD100; 1 x HD-300 (Panny G20 50" Plasma, Sony 32" LCD, Sammy 26 " LCD)
Old 10-15-2010, 11:29 AM
Sage User

Thumbs down

This problem still exists in 7.0.20RC on a clean install, had to copy the sage.jar file from this thread which resolved the issue.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ging View Post
This problem still exists in 7.0.20RC on a clean install, had to copy the sage.jar file from this thread which resolved the issue.
No, the problem does not exist in the current 7.0.20RC, if copying that JAR file solved the issue, then I bet if you put the original one from 7.0.20 back it will still work. It was probably some temporary problem that was not solved by copying the JAR, but by simply running SageTV again.

If the problem does still occur, then submit a bug report, because it's a totally different issue then. http://sagetv.com/bugs.html
Old 10-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

hdpvr not working

My hdpvr D1 is not working after I applied the JAR on Sage 7 beta on Vista Ultimate. The tuner does not display any TV signal.