SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-28-2005, 10:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

How to go to start of file?

I don't seem to be able to find a command that lets me return to the start of a file. I am currently jumping back in 2.5 minute increments. There has to be a better way?

Thanks,
Old 03-28-2005, 10:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have not found it either... I've resorted to dragging progress bar to beginning with PC mouse. Then again I’m a relatively new SageTV user and I hardly know the inner workings of SageTV and what its true capabilities are.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:56 PM
Administrator

Use the Time Scroll command; see p. 93 or p. 155 in the v2.2 manual for more details.

This command sequence will take you to the start of the file:

Time Scroll + Skip Backward #2 + Time Scroll

-Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

If you are near the end I believe you could select the "Clear Watched" within the details, then it will play from the beginning like you have not watched any of the program.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Use the Time Scroll command; see p. 93 or p. 155 in the v2.2 manual for more details.

This command sequence will take you to the start of the file:

Time Scroll + Skip Backward #2 + Time Scroll

-Andy
Thanks Andy. I guess I will have to spend some more time with the manual. I am using the Hauppauge Remote and on page 194 there is no Time Scroll command that I can find.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:17 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjohn
I am using the Hauppauge Remote and on page 194 there is no Time Scroll command that I can find.
Do you have the old or new remote? The older one just has too few buttons.

If you have a couple buttons you don't use, change their function. Or, just use time scroll with the regular ff/rew & change the properties file to make that ui/time_scroll_amount jump a much larger amount of time.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:02 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadams
If you are near the end I believe you could select the "Clear Watched" within the details, then it will play from the beginning like you have not watched any of the program.
You can always use "set watched" then follow with "clear watched", doesn't matter where you were when watching now will start at the beginning.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:08 AM
Administrator

Oh yeah... I forgot to respond to that one -- This is one reason why I added an option to reset watched shows if you watch them again with my MalDude2 STV. My kids like watching the same shows over & over, so I make sure their shows are set as completely watched when done so that the next time it gets played, it automatically clears the watched setting & restarts from the beginning.

The time scroll jumps are only useful for this if you are already watching the show & want to completely rewind.

- Andy
Old 03-29-2005, 10:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Do you have the old or new remote? The older one just has too few buttons.

If you have a couple buttons you don't use, change their function. Or, just use time scroll with the regular ff/rew & change the properties file to make that ui/time_scroll_amount jump a much larger amount of time.

- Andy
My remote looks and works like the one on page 194 of the 2.2 manual.

I don't want to change the skip time, because we use it to skip commercials.

I tried the Set Watched - Clear Watched, but it does not move the pointer on the time line. I am using 2.2.7.

My remote doesn't have a time scroll button, but the "skip forward/back" button skips short amounts and the page up/down button skips large amounts.

Sure wish I could get this to work.

Thanks again to everyone for helping.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjohn
I don't want to change the skip time, because we use it to skip commercials.
The property I mentioned only changes the amount of time that time scroll uses with the ff/rew commands; it does not change the regular ff/rew or ff2/rew jump time.

Quote:
I tried the Set Watched - Clear Watched, but it does not move the pointer on the time line. I am using 2.2.7.
No -- that only functions if you are not currently watching the show.

Quote:
My remote doesn't have a time scroll button, but the "skip forward/back" button skips short amounts and the page up/down button skips large amounts.
I'm glad you said that, since it reminds me... those buttons send page up/down commands & those are treated as rew2/ff2 during playback. So, all you need is a Time Scroll button. That's easy too: that remote _used_ to default to using the Stop button for Time Scroll, back before there was a Stop command. All you have to do is change that button's function. (If you need it, you can still access Stop by using the Options command, yellow button, and selecting Stop from there.)

If you are using the original setup for that remote, just go to Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Commands --> Link Command & assign that (or some other) button to the Time Scroll command.

- Andy
Old 03-29-2005, 10:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
If you are using the original setup for that remote, just go to Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Commands --> Link Command & assign that (or some other) button to the Time Scroll command.

- Andy
Great! Thanks Andy, that did it.