SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 02:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
I don't even know what that means
Quote:
Come on people, I need logs otherwise I have no idea whats going on.
Quote:
I don't really get what your saying, can you give examples?
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:51 PM
Sage Icon

EP,

I was wondering if you were seeing some strange behaviors with the importer. what I am experiencing is when i have the importer working with bmt to auto pull shows from hulu into my recordings directory everything appears to work fine.

If i watch a show, and stop it some way through what will happen is it seems as though the files your plugin creates gets messed up, and when i go into any show from hulu via the recordings it will randomly play whatever file off of hulu that it wants.

Sometimes it will even remove the partially played file form the recording list all together, as well as from my queue. I will actually have to go in and through online services menu in order to locate the file...

Please let me know if that doesn't make sense and I will try to explain it again. Also, if there are some log files or something i can provide just let me know which ones...

Thanks,
Pix64
Old 09-23-2010, 03:40 PM
Sage Icon

*Bump*
Old 09-23-2010, 10:18 PM
Sage User

Deleted Files "not" being cleaned out by "Video Dir Rescan"

I really love this plugin. I probably watch things from my hulu and netflix instant queues (via PlayOn) more than regular TV.

Quote:
Good call I should be deleting the videos on uninstall. As for the entires disappearing, that should just happen naturally once Sage sees the files are missing just like with any other imported video.
It's not doing this for some reason...
1.) This plugin pulled all of my entries from my Flix/hulu queues nicely; but there was a problem with "multiple instances". It put a copy of the folder tree on my server "and" a copy of the folder tree on every client's local hard drive and then there were multiple instances Each one pointing to one of the multiple client's hard drives.

The plugin's config allows you to set a specific location for downloading the Movie and TV Folder Trees. Mine happens to be L:\SageOnline_temp\PlayOn_Importer\ but there's also a copy of the "default" of "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SageOnlineServicesEXEs\UPnPBrowser...."
The problem is that even after doing a "Rescan Video Directories" (in order to delete any vid records that no longer exist) it still won't delete/remove any of the entries that are left from the Plugin's default Folder Tree...

I manually deleted each of the duplicate Folder Trees from each of the clients (one desktop and one laptop and the original default on the Server) and then used the "Configure Plugin" - "Update Videos Now" to allow it to rebuild the Folder Tree in my new selected path L:\SageOnline_temp\PlayOn_Importer\ ... Now I have one more additional "instance" of my queue entries, one from each client, one from the server's default, and one from the server's new L:\ Drive...

How do I get these extra entries out?
I've been deleting them manually via the SageUI one at a time, but there's just way too many...

I've attached an example of one of the duplicates and the details info behind each one.

I've also noticed that this plugin "can" be installed as a "Server Plugin" AND as a "Client PlugIn". I think it's intended to only be a Server Plugin. Maybe that has something to do with how this duplication happened??"
Old 10-10-2010, 06:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Hey EP - when a movie / show from the Netflix Queue is imported into Sage, why does it have a airing date that is not the current time? For instance, I added Caddyshack last weekend, and it has a file (ie airing) date of July 29, 2010.

I'd like new items that are added from Netflix/Hulu to show up in the 'Recently added' lists, but with a date that is 2 months ago, more or less, that makes it impossible.....

btl.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:26 AM
SageTVaholic

I believe he is just copying the same file over and over again and sage uses the day of file creation for original airing date, maybe sage should add a dateadedded column for the date added to the database...
Old 10-10-2010, 07:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I believe he is just copying the same file over and over again and sage uses the day of file creation for original airing date, maybe sage should add a dateadedded column for the date added to the database...
Not something Sage would necessarily need to add. It could easily be a rather simple plugin that is triggered by the MediaFileImported event, and saves a DateAdded metadata tag with the 'now' date/time. That way, as long as the mediafile isn't removed from the database (even if the file is rewritten over and over again), it would contain the same entry...

Of course, the recently added would have to have the option to look at this new metadata tag as well.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-10-2010, 07:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Not something Sage would necessarily need to add. It could easily be a rather simple plugin that is triggered by the MediaFileImported event, and saves a DateAdded metadata tag with the 'now' date/time. That way, as long as the mediafile isn't removed from the database (even if the file is rewritten over and over again), it would contain the same entry...

Of course, the recently added would have to have the option to look at this new metadata tag as well.
Yeah that would work I was just saying that would be something nice for sage to have by default, but you are correct easy for someone to make an addin. Especially for this addin having only used it with mymovies I already have a date added from their db.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Well, it'd be nicer if THIS plugin just created files that had today's date when it imports something from the queue.

You gotta fix things at the edges man - don't import it with weird date and then fix - import it with the right date!

btl.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Well, it'd be nicer if THIS plugin just created files that had today's date when it imports something from the queue.

You gotta fix things at the edges man - don't import it with weird date and then fix - import it with the right date!

btl.
I'm guessing it isn't some random date. It may be a date attached to the file in Hulu's database. That said, if you use BMT also, I think it'll grab the actual Original Air Date for the data and change it automatically.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:23 AM
SageTVaholic

I don't think it is random - however every file imported from Hulu/Netflix has the same date (7/29/10 @ 11:51AM in my case). I don't know where this date originates - its well before this plugin was even released.....

BMT does pull the original airdate in, but it doesn't change the airing date - ie when Sage thinks it recorded said show.....

btl.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:27 AM
SageTVaholic

As stated I am almost positive he is copying one file over and over again so the date is always going to be the same. It really isn't about fixing the edges as I have never understood why sage doesn't recognize the date a file was imported into the database the creation date is a different thing (which is what sage is using). It doesn't really matter BMT or not I still don't think it should be this plugins or any plugins job to fix that sage doesn't have a field to recognize the date a file was added to the db.

that is my 2 cents but every media program I have used recognizes the date a file was added to their database not using the file date as that is a creation date, but sage has said features are locked so like fuzzy said someone making a simple import is the quicket/easiest fix.

I don't think it is the responsibility of this addin to have to change creation dates that seems like work EP shouldn't have to do.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Oh, that's right.. I forgot this uses the dummy .mkv file, so this is actually the date that he created his dummy file. It just keeps getting copied for each import, but a copied file retains the timestamp of the original. In the absence of any further information, the only thing sage can really go on for the aired on date is the date the file was created (would work fine for real recordings) I've never noticed it, as I don't think I've ever sorted by actual airing date. For me, original air date make a lot more sense.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Oh, that's right.. I forgot this uses the dummy .mkv file, so this is actually the date that he created his dummy file. It just keeps getting copied for each import, but a copied file retains the timestamp of the original. In the absence of any further information, the only thing sage can really go on for the aired on date is the date the file was created (would work fine for real recordings) I've never noticed it, as I don't think I've ever sorted by actual airing date. For me, original air date make a lot more sense.
Correct but Bailo is wanting a sort method by the date added to the database so it is either sage or another plugin or bmt gets modified to add a date added field.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:56 AM
SageTVaholic

I just think that given that sage works a particular way ( and always has ) then plugins should be written with that in mind. EP should be able to switch from a copy to a 'touch' or whatever the windows equivalent is without too much hassle. We should NOT have to install a Second plugin to fix this. And it IS broken currently - you can blame Sage if you want, but as far as I'm concerned whoever is creating the file that gets imported bares the ultimate responsibility.

btl.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I just think that given that sage works a particular way ( and always has ) then plugins should be written with that in mind. EP should be able to switch from a copy to a 'touch' or whatever the windows equivalent is without too much hassle. We should NOT have to install a Second plugin to fix this. And it IS broken currently - you can blame Sage if you want, but as far as I'm concerned whoever is creating the file that gets imported bares the ultimate responsibility.

btl.
Not blaming sage, just simply stating it is a missing feature. The date people are using for date added should NOT be the file date in no case or use. That doesn't make any sense at all becuase I may have copied a movie months ago but just added it to the database/sage so i would expect it to be in recent and it wouldn't be. EP can chime in and I am sure he will but would by no means call this BROKEN as it is not broken in any way shape or form. We are lucky he took the time to even create the dummy files and make this import. I don't think he should be responisble for create a "fix or patch" for a missing feature in sagetv db.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:07 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't think we should argue this too much further - it detracts from the awesome work EP has done in this plugin. But just because you see it as a missing feature doesn't mean that it is - Sage might have a reason for working the way it does. The facts are that ALL the files that this plugin creates have a date in Sage's DB that is in July of 2010 - this could be easily* taken care of by the plugin, and requiring ANOTHER plugin to fix this issue isn't reasonable in my opinion.

I don't expect EP to fix this, I just would like him to.

* I'm assuming it's not too hard to modify the timestamp on a file *

btl.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I don't think we should argue this too much further - it detracts from the awesome work EP has done in this plugin. But just because you see it as a missing feature doesn't mean that it is - Sage might have a reason for working the way it does. The facts are that ALL the files that this plugin creates have a date in Sage's DB that is in July of 2010 - this could be easily* taken care of by the plugin, and requiring ANOTHER plugin to fix this issue isn't reasonable in my opinion.

I don't expect EP to fix this, I just would like him to.

* I'm assuming it's not too hard to modify the timestamp on a file *

btl.

My argument wasn't that sage works incorrectly just simply the fact they don't have a Date Added field and you are trying to using airing date for a date added field and that isn't correct as that is the date the file was made not the DATE it was ADDED to the db. So I was simply suggesting they add a date added field to get what you were wanting to achieve.

And I am not sure what code his work is in but touching can be a difficult thing as Stuckless had with BMT originally.

Great work EP!! I am done taking up your thread
Old 10-11-2010, 02:41 PM
Sage User

A little help for the NOOB please

Hi all,

I'm very new to the SageTV community and I'm kinda bummed that my first post is going to be a "help me get this working please" post.

I really like the idea of this plug in, and I've already managed to get Plucky's SMM working and STV as well, but I'm not having any luck with this plugin unfortunately.

My playon import folder (I'm just using the default) is not being populated with anything, and it looks like the script that runs the import is failing and exiting when it's run.

I've attached the log file so hopefully someone can take a look and tell me what I did wrong!

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip UPnPBrowser.zip (836 Bytes, 141 views)
Old 10-11-2010, 02:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emsdad View Post
attached the log file so hopefully someone can take a look and tell me what I did wrong!
Wow, first post *and* you included a log. You rock!

It looks like for some reason you have an old version of upnpbrowser.exe installed on your system which is odd because it should have been automatically updated when you installed the Queue importer from Sage.

First try going into the Plugin menu and installing the Plugins->UI Mod->PlayOn STVi. Hopefully that'll update, if not go into Plugins->Library->UPnPBrowser and update it manually. If *that* doesn't work, just go ahead and uninstall all of the PlayON plugins (Queue Importer, STVi, UPnPBrowser) and do a full reinstall of all 3. One of those is bound to get you going.

Finally, it that fails, just grab it the download from here and manually extract it to C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 10-11-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Closed Thread