SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:53 AM
Sage User

SCART RGB through breakout cable on the new 300?

Hi,
Will I be able to simply use a converter cable to get a SCART output, or does the 300 not do RGB? This latter bit is important, as one of my TV's can only understand RGB SCART, no other types and no digital at all, either!
Thanks,
Mark
CQC home automation and SageTV Server on Dell PE840 with 6TB RAID5 and two hauppauge tuners ; UPC cable TV ; Secondary headless unRAID on old Pentium 4 system with 3.8TB storage ; SageTV and AnyDVD on HTPC ; Arcam FMJ AV9 and P7, Anthony Gallo Reference AV speakers L/R/C and Gallo spheres for surround ; 50" Panasonic Plasma ; SB players throughout the house.

Last edited by radiopaque; 09-01-2010 at 03:56 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:01 PM
SageTVaholic

As far as I know, the only outputs available through the breakout cable are component video, composite video, and analog stereo audio. There is no S-Video output, for instance. So I'm guessing there's no easy way to get RGB SCART out of it.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Sage User

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
As far as I know, the only outputs available through the breakout cable are component video, composite video, and analog stereo audio. There is no S-Video output, for instance. So I'm guessing there's no easy way to get RGB SCART out of it.
It is my experience that almost nothing with component connectors from the USA can actually be switched to RGB, unfortunately. My Arcam amplifier can do either RGB or component on the same R, G, B connectors, pretty neat. Then again, Arcam is British.

I think I'll be using a 300 in the home theater, and a 200 (bought JUST in time!) with the older TV. The 200 does have s-video, fortunately, and it works flawlessly.
CQC home automation and SageTV Server on Dell PE840 with 6TB RAID5 and two hauppauge tuners ; UPC cable TV ; Secondary headless unRAID on old Pentium 4 system with 3.8TB storage ; SageTV and AnyDVD on HTPC ; Arcam FMJ AV9 and P7, Anthony Gallo Reference AV speakers L/R/C and Gallo spheres for surround ; 50" Panasonic Plasma ; SB players throughout the house.