SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

BMT is broken on my V7 sagetv :(

I used to happily use BMT, then I upgraded to V7....and I got BMT working briefly.
it hasn't worked in weeks now.
I have uninstalled everything related to it, deleted every JAR I could that referenced BMT, but nothing works.

sagetv says it's running but when I goto the webpage I get an error that it couldn't connect to either sagetv or phoenix.

can anyone point me in the right direction?
Old 08-24-2010, 05:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by setherd View Post
I used to happily use BMT, then I upgraded to V7....and I got BMT working briefly.
it hasn't worked in weeks now.
I have uninstalled everything related to it, deleted every JAR I could that referenced BMT, but nothing works.

sagetv says it's running but when I goto the webpage I get an error that it couldn't connect to either sagetv or phoenix.

can anyone point me in the right direction?
Seth, I'm not lying when I say that I've installed this 100s of times in Sage7, and I've never had it fail, not even once. In every case where I've seen it fail, it was because of other plugins or jars.

In your case, are you upgrading sage7 or are you installing it on a clean sage7 build? If you are upgrading, did you run the tool that I posted in the sticky to clean out the jars? Do you have other plugins installed?

Could you post a list of all the jar filenames in the JARs directory of your server so that I can see if there are any conflicting jars.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

I cleaned it out using what I found in the sticky. and this was an upgrade install.

I'll get a list of jars and post it, thanks!
Old 08-24-2010, 09:33 AM
SageTVaholic

And to confirm... you did install the bmt web plugin from the plugin installer... ie, you are not just trying to use the bmt web plugin that was already installed from the Sage6 install?
Old 08-25-2010, 07:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
And to confirm... you did install the bmt web plugin from the plugin installer... ie, you are not just trying to use the bmt web plugin that was already installed from the Sage6 install?
yes.

here is a list of every jar in my sagetv\jars folder
Attached Files
File Type: txt jarlist.txt (5.0 KB, 192 views)
Old 08-25-2010, 07:57 AM
SageTVaholic

ok... jars look ok, from what I can tell. You should email me your log files (sagetv_0.txt and logs/*.log). You can send them to metadatatools at gmail dot com.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

email sent
Old 08-25-2010, 11:43 AM
SageTVaholic

You appear to missing the commons-lang jar, and I'm seeing lots of ClassNotFound exceptions in your log files.

If you installed the BMT webui plugin from the SageTV Plugin Manager, then it should have installed that jar as well.

What's i'd for now is uninstall bmt from the plugin-manage. Basically uninstall phoenix-api, phoenix-core, commons-lang, bmt, and bmtweb in that order. This may require that you uninstall some other plugins as well, especially if you have stuff installed that is using phoenix-api.

Then install bmtweb plugin from the plugin manager, and it will install everything that is required.

I probably didn't state it clearly enough, but the bmt upgrade tool, should have been run as soon as you upgraded to Sage7 and BEFORE you started installing plugins.

As a last resort, if the above does not work. You may want to remove ALL plugins, then run the BMT upgrade tool, and then install only the bmtweb plugin. Then test to see if that works, and if does, then go ahead and install the other plugins.

If you are running ortus-mq (which you are), then be sure to run the latest version of it as well, since the earlier versions broke bmt.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

uninstalling plugins now. I am getting a lot of conflicts and can't uninstall them in order.
I'm going to uninstall most of the plugins. then do the BMT upgrade tool then setup the plugins again.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
uninstalling plugins now. I am getting a lot of conflicts and can't uninstall them in order.
I'm going to uninstall most of the plugins. then do the BMT upgrade tool then setup the plugins again.
Seth, I'd try to uninstall all the plugins, but it could be a bit daunting. When you try to remove a plugin, and it has dependencies, then it will tell you what those dependencies are. You then have to try to remove each of the dependencies first. The first time I did this, i was very frustrated... so I know how you are going to feel
Old 08-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK I uninstalled everything except comskip, rebooted.
installed the bmt web plugin. now on the web page I get BMT failed

update: restarted sagetv, now BMT runs but it says staus failed...i'm right back where I started

Last edited by setherd; 08-25-2010 at 12:46 PM. Reason: update
Old 08-25-2010, 12:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK I uninstalled everything except comskip, rebooted.
installed the bmt web plugin. now on the web page I get BMT failed
Ok... send my your logs again, and your list of JARs in the JARs folder.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Ok... send my your logs again, and your list of JARs in the JARs folder.
will do, I am missing the comms lang jar you mentioned earlier.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

sent it all in an email
Old 08-25-2010, 10:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Finally it works!
Sean is the man!
Old 11-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

How did you fix it?

I'm getting the same issue on a fresh install of SageTV after reformatting my hard drive and starting over I was trying to get BMT working and it says FAILED
Old 11-19-2010, 01:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grauchy View Post
How did you fix it?

I'm getting the same issue on a fresh install of SageTV after reformatting my hard drive and starting over I was trying to get BMT working and it says FAILED
If this is a fresh install and not an upgrade, and you have not installed any other plugins, then that would be very odd. I'd try to restart the sagetv service and see if that works. If not, then send the sagetv_0.txt log file to me (metadatatools at gmail dot com). Most issues are a result of jars not being there, duplicate jars, etc. But on a fresh new install, i've never seen those types of issues. either way, the answer is probably in your sagetv0.txt log file.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
How did you fix it?

I should have updated this. it didn't work completely. why I don't know. I wnded up waiting till SageV7 was out of beta. The I uninstalled sage, deleted everything but my wiz.bin file, rebooted, then reinstalled.
now everything works and all I had to do was install the BMT plugin. and configure my folder art directory.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

It is a fresh clean install but BMT wasn't the first plugin I installed. So I went through and removed all plugins then started over with BMT and it worked.

Thanks!

Now I just need to figure out what to do with the webpage http://localhost:8080/bmt/
Old 11-20-2010, 10:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It is a fresh clean install but BMT wasn't the first plugin I installed. So I went through and removed all plugins then started over with BMT and it worked.

Thanks!

Now I just need to figure out what to do with the webpage http://localhost:8080/bmt/
Well, if the automatic plugin is working well, then you may never need to use the web page But, if you discover that a file is missing metadata/fanart, then you can manually fix that using the web ui.