SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 11-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Sage User

Change Temperature

Hi brilliant product, would it be possible to change a virtual temperature from the Sage Client , an up and down instead of on and off. Depending on how Homeseer works I can imagine this could be difficult
Old 11-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskus View Post
Ok, just installed the new version. But why in the world did all my client configurations disappear?!?
It appears that I have the same problem as Moskus. Today, I upgraded from 1.3.5 to 1.3.6 and all the HomeSeer devices have disappeared from the SageTV interface. I looked in the HomeSeer "InControl_Sage Plug In" page and there is only one client listed, "1000_0". In the past there was more than one listed on this page even though I only have one HD200. Unfortunately, I don't remember what was originally there. All of the HomeSeer devices that were initially checked as "Show Device in Sage" are no longer checked.

I restored an earlier HomeSeer database hoping to recover the original configuration, but it didn't work. Where are the InControl HomeSeer settings stored? I have a backup of everything. I just need to understand what to restore. I had a lot of custom names and locations configured that I don't want to recreate from scratch.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

nissse,

Let me research that one. I will have to see if Sage or Java can trap the "hibernation" event so I can properly send a Logoff. I will let you know.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissse View Post
I have isolated the problem to one sagetvclient.

The problem with this client is that it's not loging off when the coputer is hibernating.

Code:
Device ID	Description	        Server/Client IP	Port	        Type	Logged In	Action
1000_5	        Click To Set	        192.168.0.3	        10993         	Local	Yes	        Send Msg
If I close down sagetvclient it loges off as normal.
Any ide what can cause this ? I have uninstalled sage plugin and removes it from homeseer and added a new but same problem. Firewall are off on all computers.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

cpass,

I am going to work exposing the HomeSeer device action logic next, so that any special commands available through HomeSeer can be seen as buttons in Sage. I'm assuming this is the type of of device you are speaking of.

Alternativly, I am also considering at least being able to have a HomeSeer event triggered when a Sage button is pressed.

One item that may help me confirm I can add this capabilty would be if you can send me the device information, by doing the following:

1) go to the virtual device
2) at the bottom click "InControl Device Information"
3) scroll to the bottom and enter a valid path on your homeseer server
4) click export
5) then attach the file to the forum

This will have the exact setup of your device so I can import it into my development system and work with it.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpass View Post
Hi brilliant product, would it be possible to change a virtual temperature from the Sage Client , an up and down instead of on and off. Depending on how Homeseer works I can imagine this could be difficult
Old 11-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

mbowling,

I found the issue with 1.3.6, the "INI" name setting was reset back to null (empty), which caused it to look for and save all of the ini settings in the HomeSeer settings.ini file. I will correct this with the next version.

However, I did some research and believe I found a way to correct the situation if you still have the HomeSeer device with the buttons, then you can follow the steps below:

1) Open up the hspi_Incontrol.ini and search for "buttonlabel" you should find the something like:

0_HSDevice=YES
0_Ref=7532
0_ButtonCount=2
0_1_ButtonLabel=Home
0_1_ButtonCommand=Home
0_2_ButtonLabel=Online
0_2_ButtonCommand=Online

2) Open up settings.ini find the similar the similar ID # under the [Contexts] section (i.e. in this case it is 0) then simply paste those lines after the last 0_ line then go back to the InControl plugin in homeseer and click on the device id (i.e. 1000_0). You should now see the buttons and they should work.

If you deleted the HomeSeer Device, let me know and I will see if I can find a similar work around.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamanmi View Post
1) Open up the hspi_Incontrol.ini and search for "buttonlabel"
Thanks for the info Michael. I didn't have the "buttonlabel" string in the hspi_Incontrol.ini, and since you said that this issue will be fixed in the next version, I decided to restore an image of the C partition which takes me back to 5:00 AM this morning when 1.3.5 was installed and everything was working normally. I'll upgrade when the next version is released.

StorageCraft's ShadowProtect imaging software has saved me a lot of time and effort when these types of problems occur. Rather than spending hours trying to fix a problem, I spend 10 minutes restoring an image backup, and then move on to more enjoyable things.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

This is just me reporting that running HomeSeer in an virtual environment doesn't hurt the connection to SageTV via InControl. That's great!
1x HD200
Old 12-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

This might be a SageTV limitation, but:
Is it possible to make a HomeSeer function that returns the complete path to the current played file?
1x HD200
Old 12-18-2010, 06:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Moskus,

This is possible, I am working on a new version now and will try to get this capability added.

Quote:
This might be a SageTV limitation, but:
Is it possible to make a HomeSeer function that returns the complete path to the current played file?
Old 12-18-2010, 07:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Fantastic!
1x HD200
Old 01-17-2011, 06:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

How's the new version comming along?
1x HD200
Old 01-24-2011, 01:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just posted it today.....your feature request has been added. Let me know if that is what you were looking for.

Quote:
How's the new version comming along?
Old 01-25-2011, 04:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks! Will test this tonight.
1x HD200
Old 01-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

The plugin doesn't really initialize. I get this error:
Code:
25.01.2011 17:48:15 	Error 	Initializing interface: InControl_Sage->Conversion from string "01.25.2011 03:52:44" to type 'Date' is not valid.
...which is not strange as here in Europe we put the day first, so the date should read "25.01.2011 03:52:44" to convert it to 'Date'.
1x HD200
Old 01-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, very strange, it must be the different date format. Did you happen to notice if there were any other log messages before or after referencing InControl? Just need to track down where that is happening in the code.

Quote:
Code:
25.01.2011 17:48:15 	Error 	Initializing interface: InControl_Sage->Conversion from string "01.25.2011 03:52:44" to type 'Date' is not valid.
...which is not strange as here in Europe we put the day first, so the date should read "25.01.2011 03:52:44" to convert it to 'Date'.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, it is a date format issue. I believe I have corrected the bug. Can you try 1.4.1 now on the HomeSeer Updater. Thanks!!!

Quote:
Code:
Old 01-26-2011, 07:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

The plugin now works!

But the function returns an empty string...
1x HD200
Old 01-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is the name and path showing on the InControl plugin page (http://<homeseer server>/InControl_Sage)?

Be sure logging is set to at least 1 for Incontrol, then do you see any errors?

Try this script (be sure to replace 1002_2 with your Sage ID listed in the plugin page (http://<homeseer server>/InControl_Sage):

Code:
Sub Main(ByVal Parms As Object) 
   dim s as string
   s = hs.plugin("InControl_Sage").GetSagePlayingByID("1002_2")
   hs.writelog("InControl","s=" + s) 
End Sub

Quote:
The plugin now works!

But the function returns an empty string...
Old 01-27-2011, 02:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

D'oh! Turns out I had two Placeshifters registered in the plugin as "Jobb" (norwegian for "Work) and the plugin returned the path to the first one, which was empty of course.

It works!

Another quick question though:
Is it possible to delete Clients from the list in the plugin?
1x HD200
Old 01-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Great, glad to hear it works. On the setup page (http://<homeseer server>/InControl_Sage_config) you can delete a "server/client". However, if for example it is a server and you have multiple extenders logged in it will delete all of them, so use with caution.

Otherwise there is not an option in the web intereface to delete an individual client (I will add that, however). In the mean time you can modify the hspi_InControl.ini in the HomeSeer Config directory to remove it. To do this, I would recommend you do the following:
  • shut down homeseer
  • make a backup of the hspi_InControl.ini file.
  • open the hspi_InControl.ini file in a word processor or text editor that has sort capability
  • find the Contexts section
  • sort the lines IN the Contexts section (be sure to only sort those lines, do not sort the Contexts section header or any other sections)
  • find the one you wish to delete and delete all lines begining with that number
  • if there are numbers higher than that, renumber each group by one lower number

In any case the delete option is on the list now and will be in the next release.

Thanks!

Quote:
D'oh! Turns out I had two Placeshifters registered in the plugin as "Jobb" (norwegian for "Work) and the plugin returned the path to the first one, which was empty of course.

It works!

Another quick question though:
Is it possible to delete Clients from the list in the plugin?