SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > The SageTV Community
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

The SageTV Community Here's the place to discuss what's worth recording, HTPC deals at retail stores, events happening outside of your home theater, and pretty much anything else you'd like. (No For-Sale posts)

Old 05-01-2004, 12:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Question forum posts not marked read when read?

anyone noticed that in the forums.. (seems its all vb forums? maybe a specific version?) that when you click on a post.. and go back to the index (not pressing the back button, but actually reloading the index page) the post is still marked as new?

i accept cookies, and ive noticed this elsewhere with people using vb forums, is this a vb bug, or am i doing something wrong somewhere..

normally when you click on a post, its marked read.. you can then see what posts youve read by glancing at them. the only way i can get a forum to be marked read is by either leaving the site for a short period of time, or clicking the mark all forums/posts read links. ive tried subscribing to the forum, thinking maybe i had to be subscribed for posts to be marked read when viewed, but didnt seem to help.
Old 05-01-2004, 07:22 AM
Sage Icon

I have also noticed this. However sometimes, they are shown marked as read. You can force the update to occur by going back to home page then reselecting what you want to do. Since the behaviour does not appear to be consistent I would consider it a bug, programs should behave the same way 100% of the time.
The bigger issue for me is when I know I have not read some articles. I then come back at a later time to read new articles and get a message there are no new articles.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

oh well, not a big deal i guess. again, ive seen this on other vbulletin forums, just wondered if anyone else had seen this..

thx for the reply