SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Mac Edition
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Mac Edition Discussion related to the SageTV Media Center for Mac edition. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Mac edition should be posted here.

Old 08-09-2010, 05:44 AM
Sage User

SageTV 7 WHS, client on Mac Mini?

Hello,
Does anyone with a beta 7 setup have a mac mini (late 2009 or 2010) with the V6 client working properly (1080p output)? I am considering to buy a mini server edition, but if SageTV does not run well on it, I'd rather not!
Thanks,
Mark
CQC home automation and SageTV Server on Dell PE840 with 6TB RAID5 and two hauppauge tuners ; UPC cable TV ; Secondary headless unRAID on old Pentium 4 system with 3.8TB storage ; SageTV and AnyDVD on HTPC ; Arcam FMJ AV9 and P7, Anthony Gallo Reference AV speakers L/R/C and Gallo spheres for surround ; 50" Panasonic Plasma ; SB players throughout the house.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am testing Sage under boot camp W7 right now with a brand new Mini (new flatter, wider model with Nvidia 320M). Seems to be working quite well. Only problem is that the Apple-supplied Nvidia driver is crippled (did not allow custom resolutions which my display requires), and it took some hacking to install a generic Nvidia driver.

The Mac Mini is amazingly quiet. I read somewhere it has the lowest power consumption of any pc...
Old 08-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Sage User

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I am looking for a solution without hacking
Did the native OSX client not work for you?
Thanks,
Mark
CQC home automation and SageTV Server on Dell PE840 with 6TB RAID5 and two hauppauge tuners ; UPC cable TV ; Secondary headless unRAID on old Pentium 4 system with 3.8TB storage ; SageTV and AnyDVD on HTPC ; Arcam FMJ AV9 and P7, Anthony Gallo Reference AV speakers L/R/C and Gallo spheres for surround ; 50" Panasonic Plasma ; SB players throughout the house.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

This is for a server, which is sometimes used as a client as well.

I do not think the Mac version of Sage supports my tuners (FireDTV).

And I really have no clue about Macs....

/Per
Old 08-16-2010, 01:09 AM
Sage User

Anyone else, perhaps?
Old 08-17-2010, 03:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

V6 client doesn't work with V7 server but apparently the V6 Placeshifter does work. I haven't upgraded my Windows Sage TV Server to V7 because I have Mac clients & I would need to buy V6 Placeshifter licences for them to work with V7 server. I am hoping that eventually a V7 Mac client will be released but things don't look too hopeful at present.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:21 AM
Sage User

ah thanks.
I have a placeshifter on my macbook, and a V7 server.
Any idea if the placeshifter will play 1080p h264 on a mini without hickups? It should, but I rather not find out that it doesn't AFTER buying :-)