SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Sage User

Cross Link Metadata Issue

The cross-link issue is still plaguing SageTV/BMT. I already posted it here:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=441095

The only reason I'm posting this message is because the change log from 7.0.12 said it was fixed, but it is sadly still a huge problem.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:42 AM
SageTVaholic

I think you are likely seeing files that were already crosslinked in pre v7.0.12.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Sage User

How is that possible though? It is a fresh install and the media files are located on a NAS. My movies did have properties files from the old version, but other than that the Wiz.bin file is new and the setup was a pristine setup.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:58 PM
SageTVaholic

And the data in the properties file, is it all correct before you import it?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Sage Icon

I hope this is the correct forum, I think I may be suffering from the fallout from the cross linked meta data problem from 7.0.12. I have a bunch of files that all have the mixed meta data.... TV recordings are totally fine.

For example several of my imported movies have "10,000 BC" metadata and fan art associated with them. If I go into BMT web interface I can see that the file is "300.mkv" but the metadata is for "10,000 BC" and a mix of other titles.

If I display the details for any of the videos I get mixed metadata from the messed up files, i.e. a bit of the data comes from each.

If I try to update the metadata from BMT and I select the correct movie from the online search it still doesn't update and it just gets worse.

What is the easiest way to reset or clear the metadata and links to fanart and get back to normal??? Is this possible???

Is there a master refresh or reset for a messed up wiz.bin?

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Jeremy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MetadataProblem.jpg (124.6 KB, 206 views)
Old 08-10-2010, 12:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
I hope this is the correct forum, I think I may be suffering from the fallout from the cross linked meta data problem from 7.0.12. I have a bunch of files that all have the mixed meta data.... TV recordings are totally fine.

For example several of my imported movies have "10,000 BC" metadata and fan art associated with them. If I go into BMT web interface I can see that the file is "300.mkv" but the metadata is for "10,000 BC" and a mix of other titles.

If I display the details for any of the videos I get mixed metadata from the messed up files, i.e. a bit of the data comes from each.

If I try to update the metadata from BMT and I select the correct movie from the online search it still doesn't update and it just gets worse.

What is the easiest way to reset or clear the metadata and links to fanart and get back to normal??? Is this possible???

Jeremy
Same here.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post

Jeremy
Just to clarify... When you use the web ui to edit metadata, and save it, does it update it for other items as well? and what does "it still doesn't update and it just gets worse" really mean?
Old 08-10-2010, 08:57 AM
Sage User

This happened to me a few days ago when I was attempting to do some manual updates using BMT. I had to remove the offending videos, scan Sage for added/removed content, put them back, then rescan. That seemed to fix it for me.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:25 AM
Sage Icon

Hey Sean,

Sorry, that was pretty vague wasn't it.

I should have said that when I was using BMT to try to update the files they were all getting a mixed up set if metadata and the wrong link to fanart even though everything imported by BMT looked correct prior to hitting save. For example if I wanted to update the movie "300" BMT would correctly download the correct metadata hut after I hit save it would show a title of "10,000 BC" and most of the metadata from "Hot Tub Time Machine". Each subsequent file I tried to update in BMT would get the same result, i.e. each file would have a title of "10,000 BC" and metadata from "Hot Tub Time Machine".

So last night I removed my video import directories and updated the properties files from my movies for each video/movie and then added the video import directories again. This seems to have reset the metadata and things are back to normal. I have not tried updating using BMT on some of the files that are missing metadata/fanart yet, so I'll give that a shot tonight.

Jeremy
Old 08-10-2010, 11:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Jeremy, it certainly does seem like you have several files that are all sharing the same metadata (ie, cross linked). At this point, I'm pretty sure that BMT is not doing this, especially in Sage7, since in Sage7 I'm using the correct APIs for setting metadata, and I'm not actually using the "hack" method that I had to use in Sage6.

Now, if you .properties lying around, then sagetv will use those properties when it first imports the metadata, and bmt should not try to update those media items on import. You may want to see if the .properties that you have have an ExternalID in there, if so, then that may cause an issue as well, especially if more than one item is sharing the same ExternalID.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Sage User

I have since deleted all my properties files, removed my imported movies, restarted sagetv, reimported my movies, but unfortunately it still happens so I don't think it is properties related unless sagetv is caching them somewhere besides the movie directory. It happens the moment I edit any two movies. The second one always links to the first one.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Sage Icon

I am still having the same problem. After reimporting (using my movies properties files for Sagetv) everything looked good at first then as soon as I edited a few files in BMT things started to get mixed up again. i.e. first I updated Black Hawk Down and then second I updated Alice in Wonderland, now Alice in Wonderland has Black Hawk Down metadata but does have the correct fanart link... weird.

If I try to update the metadata on Alice in Wonderland to correct it Black Hawk Down meta data gets changed to Alice in Wonderland as well...

The ID's for each (IMDB, Metadata, Media, Airing) are all different for each of the above files.

All my plugins on clients and server are updated (no messages saying there is an update availible etc...)

Could the wiz.bin be corrupted or something? I was thinking of reinstalling and reimporting the videos and TV again just to see if it makes a difference. Just have to make sure that I can export my Favorites and reimport them after the reinstall.

Thanks,

Jeremy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BMT Info.jpg (246.2 KB, 173 views)