SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

OK I give up, how do I configure SRE?

I just can't make any sense of the instructions. I get a message that says I'm supposed to "visit/sre/within Jetty to create a google authentication somethingerother, but I don't know how to do that.

What's the password/username thing in Jetty? No matter what I enter there it says it's wrong, so what is this supposed to be the username and password for? Is there some sort of account I need to set up, and how do I do that?

How do I "visit/sre/"? One instruction says I'm supposed to "load the SRE GUI" but how do I do that if I don't have an address for it? Am I supposed to know that address? I unlocked the Captcha thing on my gemail/google account, but what do I do now? Could someone explain this without the need for a jargon dictionary?
Old 08-07-2010, 05:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeling View Post
I just can't make any sense of the instructions. I get a message that says I'm supposed to "visit/sre/within Jetty to create a google authentication somethingerother, but I don't know how to do that.

What's the password/username thing in Jetty? No matter what I enter there it says it's wrong, so what is this supposed to be the username and password for? Is there some sort of account I need to set up, and how do I do that?

How do I "visit/sre/"? One instruction says I'm supposed to "load the SRE GUI" but how do I do that if I don't have an address for it? Am I supposed to know that address? I unlocked the Captcha thing on my gemail/google account, but what do I do now? Could someone explain this without the need for a jargon dictionary?
Jetty is separate from SRE. Jetty is a web server that SRE (as well as several other plugins, like the Web UI) runs inside of. The Jetty plugin is documented here: http://tools.assembla.com/sageplugins/wiki/Jetty

I believe the default username/password is sage/frey and the default port is 8080. You can change these settings by configuring the Jetty plugin.

Once SRE is installed, it exposes itself at the path /sre/.

Once you've got everything installed and running you just need to know the following:

1. The IP Address of the PC where Sage TV is installed (for example, 192.168.0.1)

2. The port that Jetty is running on (by default, 8080)

3. The Jetty username/password (by default, sage/frey)

4. The path to SRE (/sre)

Then, open up a web browser and navigate to:

http://192.168.0.1:8080/sre

If the above is not helpful, it would be good to understand specifically what problems you are having. What did you enter as the address in the browser? What error message was displayed? Is the Sage GUI reporting that both Jetty/SRE were installed successfully, etc....
Old 08-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

After reading a lot of somewhat misleading documentation, I eventually discovered that the address of the sage web server was: localhost:8080://sagetv/Home . Once I did that I understood what was going on. I then went to the address: localhost:8080://sre/ and was presented with a page where I could enter the google code. I clicked the link, entered the google code that came up, and it seems to work.

But there is a lot of misdirection in the documentation, due to documentation of older versions, etc..
Old 08-07-2010, 09:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeling View Post
After reading a lot of somewhat misleading documentation, I eventually discovered that the address of the sage web server was: localhost:8080://sagetv/Home . Once I did that I understood what was going on. I then went to the address: localhost:8080://sre/ and was presented with a page where I could enter the google code. I clicked the link, entered the google code that came up, and it seems to work.

But there is a lot of misdirection in the documentation, due to documentation of older versions, etc..
If you're willing, it might be useful to share you own notes on how to install for others.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
If you're willing, it might be useful to share you own notes on how to install for others.
Well, the key was first finding the right "properties" file. Some of the documentation said that it would be in the webserver directory but it wasn't. It was in the SageTV/jetty/etc. subdirectory and was called realm.properties . It has a lot of comments but only one operative line that defines the username and password for Jetty.

I changed that to something I'd remember, and then found some documentation that said to find the SageTV GUI at

http://localhost:8080/sage/Home .

Once I'd opened that with the correct username and password I remembered a message that said to go to /sre/ in jetty, so I changed the address to

http://localhost:8080/sre/

That opened a page with a link to the google account page , and since I'd already logged in to my goggle account clicking on that link gave me the code that the sre link was asking for in another tab. I just pasted it in, and it's been working since.

Oh one more thing, before I did any of that I "unlocked" my Google account Captcha lock, but I don't remember the link I used for that. It's at the beginning of this thread somewhere, though. Presumably if you don't do that then the captcha lock may prevent sre from using the code, but I'm not sure about that.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:08 PM
SageTVaholic

I believe you can edit the user/password in the plugin config for the jetty server now. No need to go into .properties files.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I believe you can edit the user/password in the plugin config for the jetty server now. No need to go into .properties files.
I couldn't. I mean, you can edit the username, but then you'll get a "wrong password" message when you try to enter a password other than "frey."
Old 08-09-2010, 04:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Read the configuration when you are choosing the user name and password. After changing the user name you are asked to type in the CURRENT password. After successfully doing that it asks you to type in the new password and will ask you to retype the new password again. All the configuration for Jetty can be done from the plugin. And make sure you restart it like it says to when you are done.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.