SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Sage User

OMG! I was totally bummed out. But you guys have definitely cheered me up! THANK YOU! I don't even know where to start here!

Last edited by a_puty; 06-20-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:37 PM
SageTVaholic

My signature says it all. We hope you enjoy. Look for a Phoenix subforum in the V7 customization's area - it is hidden but won't be for much longer.

btl.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:38 PM
Sage User

Wow. Guys. This is really...you guys did a lot here...wow.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Awesome! Great job guys: Please don't sell this to google
Old 06-20-2011, 08:44 PM
Sage User

Installing right now.

53%... 54%... 55%...

Can't wait. Thanks guys!
Old 06-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Very timely release - we could use the distraction.
I'd been using this for a few weeks as an 'unofficial' beta tester...and now I can officially say - GREAT job! It's very much appreciated the time and effort you guys put into the platform over the years.
Thanks,
Rob

Last edited by wado1971; 06-20-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Sage Expert

What is the minimum extender version recommended?

TV: Samsung UN46D8000
Server: Intel Core i3 540, 4G RAM, Matrox G450, 70GB EXT3 encrypted software RAID1 system drive, 1TB XFS tv recording drive, 2TB EXT3 encrypted data drive mirror across 2 machines, 2TB EXT3 encrypted media drive mirror across 2 machines, CentOS 6 64 bit, Experimenting with DNLA servers
1Gb wired network
Disconnected after G day[HD 100 Media Extender, Placeshifter 7.x, SageTV 7.x, HDHomeRun]
Old 06-20-2011, 09:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Hmmm... first install on a clean 'test' install of sage... no dice... any ideas?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Phoenix Whoops.jpg (80.1 KB, 626 views)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-20-2011, 09:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Hmmm... first install on a clean 'test' install of sage... no dice... any ideas?

Did you have BMT installed and configured before Phoenix?
Old 06-20-2011, 09:21 PM
SageTVaholic

not on this test... shouldn't it be configured as a prereq if it is.. y'know.. a prereq?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-20-2011, 09:25 PM
Sage Icon

I have the simalar issue. Didn't ask for a server restart. Did you restart your server. I'm waiting for a commercial to restart my server to see if it does the trick.

Do I need to disable BMT?

Edit: Restarting the Server solves the problem!!
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!

Last edited by QueOnda; 06-20-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:27 PM
Sage Icon

If this is a clue, it worked fine loading it up on my server, but not on any of my extenders (HD300's). It would also be nice to have some information on how to create users as I don't see a way to create them.

EDIT: Restarting the Sage service has fixed this. Now I just need directions on how to configure things like users.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Sage User

I had the same thing but just manually loaded up the stv...I'm guessing that wasn't the right thing to do?
Old 06-20-2011, 09:44 PM
SageTVaholic

There is some info in the Phoenix forum regarding some of these questions. And yes a server restart is probably necessary.

Users should work but I don't think that part of Phoenix has had much real world testing. I suggest playing with all the other goodies before you try and tackle Users.

btl.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Sage Icon

I'm not positive what I did, but Add User now shows. I'm overwhelmed by all the customization options, but I have the next four days to fool around with this.

I don't see the Phoenix sub-forum yet so I don't see much documentation, but I am sure it will show up soon. Two things I noticed when playing a recording. First is that the Info button pulls up some dialog I don't recognize and I'd love to turn that box off. Second is that my clock in the lower right corner isn't working. Since I'm the author I can work on that, but I'm wondering what other plugins I should uninstall since they won't work.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post

I don't see the Phoenix sub-forum yet so I don't see much documentation, but I am sure it will show up soon. Two things I noticed when playing a recording. First is that the Info button pulls up some dialog I don't recognize and I'd love to turn that box off.
The forum has been there...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47

I'd give the info screen a chance. I find it quite useful to get to other media quickly. The enter key on a remote gives you info.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
not on this test... shouldn't it be configured as a prereq if it is.. y'know.. a prereq?
BMT is not a prereq - but a server restart is required - even it doesn't ask.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
. Since I'm the author I can work on that, but I'm wondering what other plugins I should uninstall since they won't work.
No ui plugins will/should work as it is a seperate stv altogether. so devs will need to release new ui mods for Phoenix if they so wish. If devs be sure and put a stv requirement in their manifest it shouldn't load ui mods that aren't Phoenix compatible. Don't know if this was tested or not and it's not like we can get it fixed if it doesn't work properly sadly.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
No ui plugins will/should work as it is a seperate stv altogether. so devs will need to release new ui mods for Phoenix if they so wish. If devs be sure and put a stv requirement in their manifest it shouldn't load ui mods that aren't Phoenix compatible. Don't know if this was tested or not and it's not like we can get it fixed if it doesn't work properly sadly.
And this isn't much different than UI mods that aren't a complete stv replacement. Basically phoenix, if it were released as a ui mod, would still have been a separate set of menus, that would have required to devs to write plugins specifically for those menus if they wanted to enhancement.

But, it's only the UI mod plugins (and themes) that are not compatible. For example I have the tmiranda's comskip plugin loaded, but phoenix has comskip support built in, so there is no need for a separate ui plugin. Other plugins like jetty, sage web server, bmt, etc, all still work as well, since they are not UI mods.

Eventually phoenix will have it's own plugin manager that will support loading UI mod plugins for our specific STV.

So to load plugins from Phoenix, you simply go to the SageTV7 plugin manager (for now) and load the plugin. If you do load UI plugins loaded in SageTV7, then don't fret (and you don't need to remove them)... They will not be loaded in Phoenix, even if you have them loaded in the SageTV7 stv, since UI plugins are bound to a STV name, and the Phoenix STV name is different than the SageTV7 stv name.

I hope this clarifies the state of plugins in Phoenix.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
And this isn't much different than UI mods that aren't a complete stv replacement.
That's not exactly a true statement, for instance we always try and keep compatibility with existing ui mods with diamond.