SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-19-2018, 04:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Files are recorded from my Spectrum set top box. Now that you mention it I have a vague recollection of getting a donator version in the past. Please remind me. How do I get a donator version?
Old 06-19-2018, 06:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gacevich View Post
Files are recorded from my Spectrum set top box. Now that you mention it I have a vague recollection of getting a donator version in the past. Please remind me. How do I get a donator version?
Link to donate is here: http://www.comskip.org/

After you donate he will email you a link to the download.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 06-22-2018, 03:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

The key to getting the donator version is having the login credentials to comskip donator area. If you got it in the past, you may already have a login to site. The site where the files reside is http://www.kaashoek.com/donators/ and comskip.org has a link to it. Good luck.
All in lovely Drexel Hill, PA
Old 07-13-2018, 12:28 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
Comskip Detector options not available on extenders

ive been beating my head against the wall trying to get commercial detection working again after having my 10 year old pc die on me. And ive figured out that the appropriate settings menus dont exist in my extenders settings. Everything is as it should be if i run from the windows client. but nothing i do from the extender works. I can get it to initiate just about any other exe but the comskip one.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbarber69 View Post
ive been beating my head against the wall trying to get commercial detection working again after having my 10 year old pc die on me. And ive figured out that the appropriate settings menus dont exist in my extenders settings. Everything is as it should be if i run from the windows client. but nothing i do from the extender works. I can get it to initiate just about any other exe but the comskip one.
Make sure tmiranda's "Commercial Detector UI" is installed and enabled for the media extenders. This installs separately on SageTV Client but must be installed on the server for media extenders.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:54 PM
Sage User

I'm pounding my head on how to figure out how to install CommercialDetector.

I've had Sage for over 10 years now but haven't ventured into skipping commercials.

When I go to install CommercialDetector plugin in the sage plugins list, it says not compatible (under the general plugins and also under the UI ones)

I am using v9

What do I do?

I have donated to get the full comskip plugin. Although with that also I'm confused on how to install. I can install the comskip plugin via the plugin interface but it obviously is the free one that you can get with sage.
Old 08-24-2018, 04:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zervun View Post
I'm pounding my head on how to figure out how to install CommercialDetector.

I've had Sage for over 10 years now but haven't ventured into skipping commercials.

When I go to install CommercialDetector plugin in the sage plugins list, it says not compatible (under the general plugins and also under the UI ones)

I am using v9

What do I do?

I have donated to get the full comskip plugin. Although with that also I'm confused on how to install. I can install the comskip plugin via the plugin interface but it obviously is the free one that you can get with sage.
The plugin installer should give you the reason why it's incompatible. What does the error message say?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-24-2018, 01:02 PM
Sage User

I'll check when I get home. I assumed it was because I was using whatever is the latest version on v9.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quick question on this - for me it runs automatically "some times" but not all the time. Often I see recordings with the "CS" icon but clearly nothing has been skipped as it's a solid green bar on the recording. Hitting the "Delete Comskip files" and "Run Comskip" fixes this.

I use this to run Comkip on live recordings as I have a very healthy Sage Server (Dual Xeon E5-2667 v2's)(Also my Plex server and main file server). So the question is - if I enable the "Enable manual Comskip" does this in any way affect whether or not it should be running automatically?
Meaning if I allow this to be run manually does that affect its ability to run in full auto-mode?
Old 10-31-2018, 11:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shield View Post
Quick question on this - for me it runs automatically "some times" but not all the time. Often I see recordings with the "CS" icon but clearly nothing has been skipped as it's a solid green bar on the recording. Hitting the "Delete Comskip files" and "Run Comskip" fixes this.

I use this to run Comkip on live recordings as I have a very healthy Sage Server (Dual Xeon E5-2667 v2's)(Also my Plex server and main file server). So the question is - if I enable the "Enable manual Comskip" does this in any way affect whether or not it should be running automatically?
Meaning if I allow this to be run manually does that affect its ability to run in full auto-mode?
Are you running comskip on live recordings or running after the recording has completed?

If you are running live make sure you have live_tv=1 set in your comskip.ini. You can also adjust the live_tv_retries and standoff parameters if you're still having problems.

One thing to keep in mind about live comskip detection is that, for whatever reason, it is not as accurate. You get better results by running after the recordings have completed.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

not sure if this is the right tool

I have comskip working using SJQ for all my sage recordings but i am now trying to prepare for cord cutting and testing a PlayOn subscription for some recordings. Can i use this plugin simply to monitor the playon recordings directory and process the playon files as they arrive?

I was going to use dirmon2 or comskip monitor but it seems these are no longer available via the downloads page link at the top of this forum.

Note i understand that the playon recordings actually have chapter markers that identify the ads in the metadata so if anyone knows how to extract these in to a usable EDL file i would love to know it.

thanks

Peter
Old 02-18-2019, 06:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDoc View Post
I have comskip working using SJQ for all my sage recordings but i am now trying to prepare for cord cutting and testing a PlayOn subscription for some recordings. Can i use this plugin simply to monitor the playon recordings directory and process the playon files as they arrive?

I was going to use dirmon2 or comskip monitor but it seems these are no longer available via the downloads page link at the top of this forum.

Note i understand that the playon recordings actually have chapter markers that identify the ads in the metadata so if anyone knows how to extract these in to a usable EDL file i would love to know it.

thanks

Peter
Peter,

It won't monitor for any new PlayOn recordings but it will let you manually scan recordings for commercials.

Old 02-19-2019, 10:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

thanks for the quick response.... the main aim is to automate the capture, comskip and import process so i will need to keep looking. I did find an old version of Dirmon2 on the wayback machine but unfortunately the comskip monitor is not available there.

If anyone can point me to the latest versions of these or other similar tools please let me know.

Thanks
Old 02-20-2019, 08:19 AM
Sage Icon

Depending on your scripting skills use sjq scripts.
Test script to check for recordings without edl files then have it submit a task script that launches a script to run comskip on that file. Have the test script run however frequently you want
Old 02-20-2019, 10:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDoc View Post
thanks for the quick response.... the main aim is to automate the capture, comskip and import process so i will need to keep looking. I did find an old version of Dirmon2 on the wayback machine but unfortunately the comskip monitor is not available there.

If anyone can point me to the latest versions of these or other similar tools please let me know.

Thanks
I should probably update CommercialDetector to add this capability.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:17 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
Depending on your scripting skills use sjq scripts.
Test script to check for recordings without edl files then have it submit a task script that launches a script to run comskip on that file. Have the test script run however frequently you want
This is what I used to do and in the SJQ thread there is a template that may be used or I can dig up the script. MCEBuddy may also be an option, but I've never used it.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

The Dirmon2 version i dug up is flagged as containing a virus by avast so i dont want to try that. MCEBuddy may be an option i will take a look. I will also blow the cobwebs off my very old and not so elegant coding skills and see if SJQ is a possibility. I am sure others would appreciate the capability if it were to find its way in to the CommercialDetector plugin :-) I hope you can find the time at some point.

BTW thanks to all that continue to support SageTV and keep adding great new features to the program and providing support here on the forum. I for one appreciate all you do very much.

Peter
Old 10-09-2019, 07:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sudden Java error

I recently installed SageTV docker in UnRaid (Java8 version). Everything was working great with commercial scanning and skipping until recently. I can't think of anything that I've changed, so I don't think this error is anything I did... But commercial scanning is no longer occurring.

When I click Configure for the Commercial Detector Plugin and hit the "Queue Files" button for "Scan All Recordings Without comskip Info", the following error is returned:
There was an error setting the plugin configuration value of: java.lang.NullPointerException.

Run comskip natively is set to "True". Any thoughts or ideas? If a need to provide a log or something else, just let me know.
Old 10-09-2019, 01:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeber View Post
I recently installed SageTV docker in UnRaid (Java8 version). Everything was working great with commercial scanning and skipping until recently. I can't think of anything that I've changed, so I don't think this error is anything I did... But commercial scanning is no longer occurring.

When I click Configure for the Commercial Detector Plugin and hit the "Queue Files" button for "Scan All Recordings Without comskip Info", the following error is returned:
There was an error setting the plugin configuration value of: java.lang.NullPointerException.

Run comskip natively is set to "True". Any thoughts or ideas? If a need to provide a log or something else, just let me know.
It may be an issue with the Docker container. Attach a logfile for me to look at. Thanks!

Old 10-23-2019, 06:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry for the delayed reply tmiranda - I got married a few days after I posted my original question and it's been a whirlwind since...but I do appreciate the quick turnaround to my original question.

So my next question. What log do you want to see? A comskip or a Docker? And what do I need to enable to generate a log, and where is it written? Sorry, for the basic questions, but I'm still learning my way around Dockers and UnRaid.