SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 11-13-2017, 05:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

It says enabled during playback too...
see attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Comskip Playback 2.JPG (83.4 KB, 137 views)
Extenders: Nvidia Shield x2 / 3 placeshifters
Server Software: Win 10 64, SageTV 9.1.5.683, Java 8_241, Real VNC
Other: MiniClient, Commercial Detector UI, Sage Recording Extender
Old 11-13-2017, 06:14 PM
Sage Fanatic

Sorry, that's all I've got. Seems like it should work to me too...
Old 11-14-2017, 05:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
Sorry, that's all I've got. Seems like it should work to me too...
Me too. What version of the STV are you using?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-23-2017, 08:57 AM
Sage Expert

The option to remove comskip-related files when a recording is deleted doesn't seem to be working - I had 65 orphaned comskip files. I haven't been manually deleting recordings lately, but have at least a couple of shows that are set with "keep only" to a small number and auto-deleted by Sage. Has such a known issue been discussed in this thread?

Also, how many comskip-related files can one have along side the recordings as a bare minimum?

Last edited by TwistedMelon; 11-23-2017 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-26-2017, 07:23 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
That's it. Sorry, I thought you had updated the Docker to include that already. Just make sure there is a "comskip64" (native) executable in the same place as comskip.exe.
I'm a little confused. I am having the problem with comskip not processing files and it's clear that the issue is that I use spaces in the file names. But being dense I don't understand the solution.

The docker seems to have both windows and Linux binaries, but in different places. In the plugin configuration I pointed it at the Linux one, (/opt/sagetv/comskip/comskip) and the ini file in there, but no luck. Then I created a "comskip64" symbolic link in the server/comskip directory, but no luck. I don't see any "run native comskip" option.

What am I doing wrong?
Old 11-27-2017, 05:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedMelon View Post
The option to remove comskip-related files when a recording is deleted doesn't seem to be working - I had 65 orphaned comskip files. I haven't been manually deleting recordings lately, but have at least a couple of shows that are set with "keep only" to a small number and auto-deleted by Sage. Has such a known issue been discussed in this thread?

Also, how many comskip-related files can one have along side the recordings as a bare minimum?
Which files are not being deleted? Are those extensions listed as files to cleanup?

I don't understand your comment about the minimum number of files.Can you clarify?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-27-2017, 05:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm a little confused. I am having the problem with comskip not processing files and it's clear that the issue is that I use spaces in the file names. But being dense I don't understand the solution.

The docker seems to have both windows and Linux binaries, but in different places. In the plugin configuration I pointed it at the Linux one, (/opt/sagetv/comskip/comskip) and the ini file in there, but no luck. Then I created a "comskip64" symbolic link in the server/comskip directory, but no luck. I don't see any "run native comskip" option.

What am I doing wrong?
If you are running the docker then everything you need should be installed "out of the box" inclusing comskip64. comskip64 is a native linux executable that should be in the same directory as comskip.exe. If that's not the case then something is wrong with your install.

The "run native" option is the options for the CommercialDetector General plugin. You may have to select "Show advanced options".

Old 11-27-2017, 07:29 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I don't understand your comment about the minimum number of files.Can you clarify?
This specific question isn't about a setting, I just want to know, of all files generated by Comskip, which one(s) need to stay behind with the video file? In case I had to do manual clean-up, I wanted to know which files I could safely delete.

Quote:
Which files are not being deleted? Are those extensions listed as files to cleanup?
I'm going to have to run comskip on some older files as nothing's recorded since I did a manual clean-up via the commercialdetector plugin settings page, so I'll be back in a couple of hours with an update.

Right now all recordings with comskip data have 3 files in addition to the video file. .edl .txt and .log - there were definitely more before the clean-up operation.

EDIT:

OK, 4 files are left behind after commercialdetector/comskip runs:

file.txt
file.log
file.edl
file.logo.txt

Last week I also had some incommercial files and auto-deleted episodes (via fixed-# in favorite settings) left all these files behind. '

I'll try a manual episode delete later and report back.

Last edited by TwistedMelon; 11-27-2017 at 11:02 AM.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
This specific question isn't about a setting, I just want to know, of all files generated by Comskip, which one(s) need to stay behind with the video file? In case I had to do manual clean-up, I wanted to know which files I could safely delete.

I'm going to have to run comskip on some older files as nothing's recorded since I did a manual clean-up via the commercialdetector plugin settings page, so I'll be back in a couple of hours with an update.

Right now all recordings with comskip data have 3 files in addition to the video file. .edl .txt and .log - there were definitely more before the clean-up operation.
I guess I'm still a little confused. When a recording is deleted none of the comskip files should remain. The edl, txt, and log files should all be deleted when the video file is deleted. If the video file has not been deleted then you will see those three files. (Technically you only need the edl file.)

"Orphaned" files are edl, txt, and log files that have no corresponding video file.

Old 11-27-2017, 11:05 AM
Sage Expert

I was in the middle of editing when you last replied. The logo.txt file is also present after comskip runs.

Also, I haven't tested a manual episode delete, I just noticed that all the files remained after sage does automatic deletes (keep only # of episodes pref in a favorite)

Since only the edl file is needed, is there an option to remove all files, keeping only that one, after comskip runs?
Old 11-27-2017, 12:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I was in the middle of editing when you last replied. The logo.txt file is also present after comskip runs.

Also, I haven't tested a manual episode delete, I just noticed that all the files remained after sage does automatic deletes (keep only # of episodes pref in a favorite)

Since only the edl file is needed, is there an option to remove all files, keeping only that one, after comskip runs?
OK, got it now.

There is no option to delete the unneeded files after comskip runs but before the video file is deleted.

Regardless of how the video file is deleted the comskip generated files should be deleted (including .logo.txt) as long as their extension is specified in the plugin. What extensions do you have specified in the options?

It would also be helpful if you reproduced the error and included a log file. Maybe that will tell me something.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:13 PM
Sage Expert

The default extensions are in the options, which includes all the ones I mentioned. When I first wrote about it here, there were 60-something orphaned files (counted by the plugin prefs). Clicking the manual clean-up option got rid of all of them.

Something should auto-delete later today and I can check again to see what's going on.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The default extensions are in the options, which includes all the ones I mentioned. When I first wrote about it here, there were 60-something orphaned files (counted by the plugin prefs). Clicking the manual clean-up option got rid of all of them.

Something should auto-delete later today and I can check again to see what's going on.
Something strange for sure since manual clean-up uses the same code as the automatic clean up. A logfile will help a lot.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've actually always had the same issue but I've always assumed that I just had to run the manual cleanup every now and then. I'll see if I can share a log as well.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
If you are running the docker then everything you need should be installed "out of the box" inclusing comskip64. comskip64 is a native linux executable that should be in the same directory as comskip.exe. If that's not the case then something is wrong with your install.

The "run native" option is the options for the CommercialDetector General plugin. You may have to select "Show advanced options".
I uninstalled Commercial Detector UI and all unneeded dependencies which took out comskip, Commercial Detector and Comskip Playback. Then I shut down SageTV and removed all cd/ lines in the Sage.properties. Started up and reinstalled. It creates the folder /mnt/user/appdata/sagetv/server/comskip which is where comskip.exe (Windows) is located. But there is no comskip64 file. Also when I configure the plugin:

1) The "run as user" line defaults to "edl,log,txt,incommercial" instead of sagetv, (it did that before the uninstall when I selected to reset all the defaults).
2) There is no option to run native comskip, (and yes, I have show advanced options set to True).

The comskip library version is 80.042.003 and UI is 1.01.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I uninstalled Commercial Detector UI and all unneeded dependencies which took out comskip, Commercial Detector and Comskip Playback. Then I shut down SageTV and removed all cd/ lines in the Sage.properties. Started up and reinstalled. It creates the folder /mnt/user/appdata/sagetv/server/comskip which is where comskip.exe (Windows) is located. But there is no comskip64 file. Also when I configure the plugin:

1) The "run as user" line defaults to "edl,log,txt,incommercial" instead of sagetv, (it did that before the uninstall when I selected to reset all the defaults).
2) There is no option to run native comskip, (and yes, I have show advanced options set to True).

The comskip library version is 80.042.003 and UI is 1.01.
Yes, something wrong there, Are you running the docker on unraid or straight linux? If it's the docker I will need to touch bases with stuckless.

Can you post your Sage.properties file? I want to see what other properties are messed up.

This will also explain why the cleanup is failing.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:47 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Yes, something wrong there, Are you running the docker on unraid or straight linux? If it's the docker I will need to touch bases with stuckless.

Can you post your Sage.properties file? I want to see what other properties are messed up.

This will also explain why the cleanup is failing.
I'm running the JAVA 8 Docker. Attached are the properties.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sage.zip (50.6 KB, 113 views)
Old 11-30-2017, 12:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm running the JAVA 8 Docker. Attached are the properties.
The properties file looks normal. I'll have to look at the code, I probably have an error in there triggered by resetting the options.

Old 11-30-2017, 12:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

I'm more interested in why it seems like I'm not getting the correct plugin bits, (no "native comskip" option or comskip64 binary). Any thought on where to look to track that down?
Old 11-30-2017, 02:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm more interested in why it seems like I'm not getting the correct plugin bits, (no "native comskip" option or comskip64 binary). Any thought on where to look to track that down?
I was going to ask stuckless. He packages everything up and puts it in the docker.

I apologize but I have very little time to spare at the moment. Lots of clients trying to get their "year end reviews" done