SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by harco View Post
I attached the file. It shows the diseqc requirements not the modulation. I'm not sure where to find that info. I could check with genpix and see if he has the doc's on that as well. We need the Turbo FEC-8psk and the Turbo FEC-qpsk for dis*net
Well, according to that file for Turbo-FEC 8PSK you have to select in LM DSR "8PSK", and for Turbo-FEC QPSK, select "16 QAM" in LM DSR.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Arrow Struggling to get a recording? [SOLVED]

I have finally got round to testing out this Network Recorder (free version) but I am having a few problems trying to get it to work.

I currently use the LMGestion XMLTV Importer and DVB Recorder (both donator versions) and would like to migrate to this Network recorder to handle all my tuners DVB-T and DVB-S.

I am starting testing with DVB-T and the Network Recorder finds 6 tuners (I have 3 Blackgold cards/usb - see my signature) - I know the frequencies that my tuners use and have successfully scanned for channels and have then edited the list to agree with XMLTV Importer. So far so good

I start the recorders (Service) and then in the LM DVB Smart Recorder dialogue, select a channel in the channel list and right click to 'make a test recording for this channel'. When I click 'Start Recording', I momentarily get a pale red message that says 'recording not started, check the log' - so I look in the various logs and can't see any error message related to the recording error. So not sure what to check for next
Client s/w : OS='Win8 X64', Apps='SageTV 7.1.9 Client (V7 STV)'
Extenders : 2 x HD300 (V7 STV)

Last edited by logsvp; 10-06-2010 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Problem solved.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by logsvp View Post
I start the recorders (Service) and then in the LM DVB Smart Recorder dialogue, select a channel in the channel list and right click to 'make a test recording for this channel'. When I click 'Start Recording', I momentarily get a pale red message that says 'recording not started, check the log' - so I look in the various logs and can't see any error message related to the recording error. So not sure what to check for next
Have you selected the channel in the lineup (by checking the check box in the lineup for this channel) and restarted the recorder? If you don't and try to record the channel, the recording will be rejected (it is not logged when you make a test recording, but it is logged if you make the recording from SageTV)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
Have you selected the channel in the lineup (by checking the check box in the lineup for this channel) and restarted the recorder? If you don't and try to record the channel, the recording will be rejected (it is not logged when you make a test recording, but it is logged if you make the recording from SageTV)
That was it - it now works

I have now paid for a donator upgrade from DVB Recorder
Old 10-20-2010, 09:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Stephane,

I read you are using the TechnoTrend S 2 3650 CI USB Box.
I intend to buy one but PayTV is very new to me

I intend to use SageTV to record Sky Germany.
I thought the TT box has a CI and I need a CAM for my Sky card. While I don't think that you can say anything about Sky Germany, I read that the TT box already has a CAM implemented. Is this right?

Also I am always reading something about MDAPI support of DVB Smart Recorder. Do you have maybe any link for beginners like me that explains what MDAPI plugins are, how to use them generally and which files there are (acamd, FFDeCsa.dll, MDAPIFilter)?

Thanks in advance and regards

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 11-21-2010, 05:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by owilsky View Post
I intend to use SageTV to record Sky Germany.
I thought the TT box has a CI and I need a CAM for my Sky card. While I don't think that you can say anything about Sky Germany, I read that the TT box already has a CAM implemented. Is this right?
No the TT S2-3650 CI has only a CI (Common Interface) Slot where you can insert a CAM (Conditionnal Access Module). Sky Germany use Nagravision, so a Alphacrypt CAM should work, but I'm not sure at all about this.

Quote:
Also I am always reading something about MDAPI support of DVB Smart Recorder. Do you have maybe any link for beginners like me that explains what MDAPI plugins are, how to use them generally and which files there are (acamd, FFDeCsa.dll, MDAPIFilter)?
MDAPI plugins are used to replace a CAM, so they are usually called SoftCAM. They are responsible for reading the subscribtion card, getting subscribtion information for the dvb stream, get the decoding key and unscramble the stream (all is done by your computer CPU)

So usually MDAPI is to be used only if you cannot find a real CAM. You can begin with MDAPI by reviewing information on the forums I reference on the FAQ.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:57 PM
Sage User

Hi Stephane,
Trying out this for DVB-T in Ireland.
The logs say it is finding the 17 channels as expected, but then not adding them for the following reason;
Info - Channel SID =1101 () not added : name is empty

Any workaround for this. There are only 7 TV channels currently so a manual edit option is fine by me....
Device is a Hauppauge Nova - T Stick, on Win 7 32bit.
(The Hauppauge WinTv S/W loads them fine)

Thx...
Old 01-16-2011, 02:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Dear Stephane

I am interested in this programme but need to check that it will do what I want it to before donating. I can't use the free edition to test because I can only create one recorder (though I have used that to check that the overall programme works for me).

I have one DVB-S card which I use solely to receive 3 channels not available on my other tuners. I don't like how Sage manages back-to-back recordings and want to use your network recorder to get around this.

Assuming 5 minutes pre and post padding per show, if I record a show on channel 1 from 10-11 and then one from 11-12, Sage will note a conflict.

If I create two network tuners with the same three-channel line up, would your network recorder record the first programme from 955-1105 and the second from 1055-1205 (ie can it use the one stream to create two files simultaneously)?

Can you confirm for me that what I am planning to do will work?

Thanks

lee
Old 03-30-2011, 08:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

DVB-T2?

Are there any plans to support DVB-T2 which is now being used in the UK for Freeview HD transmissions on terrestrial TV?

It's not coming to my area for another 12 months but I thought I would check in advance
Old 05-08-2011, 08:15 AM
Sage User

Hi Stephanie

I just made a donation. Just want to request to changes to the UI:

1. Please have an option to uncheck "Create EDL" by default, as I scan foreigh language channels with no subtitle track.

2. During channel editing after a scan, I tend to remove all the radio channels, at the moment, although you can select more then 1 row in the table by holding shift, right clicking only allows you to remove one channel at a time, which is very annoying.

I also have 3 more questions:

1. Technically, is DSR slower or faster then native SageTV for DVB-S tuning (i.e. assuming the pause buffer is the the same size in either case, which one will produce a picture after channel changing in the least amount of time).

2. Where do you find a reliable source to download MDAPI softcam plugins that work reliably? I am after ones that work with real subscriber cards for Foxtel (NDS Videoguard with box pairing), Austar (modified Irdeto 2 with box pairing) and UBI/MySat/Globecast (generic Irdeto 2). I know there is oscam, cccam, newcs, acamd .... But they all seem to float around the hidden corners of obscure forum posts - you could easily be downloading a virus or some alpha code that may just fail out of the blue 2 months after installation - leading to another petrol wasting trip the the client's premises ... I believe this discussion is completely legal as, technically, a pay TV provider cannot limit the service to only their hardware according to fair trading rules / commercial law.

3. DSR supports multiple virtual tuners for transponder sharing. However, how is conflict resolution handled when sage attempts to record from different transponders? Is there a way to always allow the latest record request to takeover the allocation for the earliest request (FIFO)? Most of my clients are moving over to SageTV in order to share a single tuner at multiple locations (previously, I installed analogue PAL modulators with IR repeating, which allows them to change the channel and watch the video as a PAL channel on remote TVs in each room - what happens is, most of the time, only 1 TV is used, so the human conflicts do not happen much. In SageTV tuners get locked when watching livetv, which is really annoying as the client has to make sure all the other HD300s are off/stopped - otherwise they cannot change the channel! I am thinking of developing a FIFO tuner surrender/takeover plugin, but thought that, if you lready have this functionality - why reinvent the wheel? I know what you a probably thinking - why not just add more tuners? Well, this increases cost, energy used, possibly of trouble (card does not support so many clients, hardware conflicts/limitations, etc)
Old 08-20-2011, 07:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have an dvbc tuner, is named:

BDA 2885 TVTuner ( this one is dvbt)
BDA 2885 TVTuner C ( this one is dvbc)

But if i choose dvbc in recorder, my tuner is not seen.
Instead, if i choose dvbt, both tuners are seen:
BDA 2885 TVTuner
BDA 2885 TVTuner C

BDA 2885 TVTuner C needed to go to dvbc, not dvbt.
How to move BDA 2885 TVTuner C to dvbc option, to see my tuners and scan channels?
Old 10-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi, I am looking to finally get rid of my Satellite STB for a signal I get in America from I the Galaxy 19 satellite. I have a paid subscription to some channels there using a Irdeto card.

I wanted to do this like almost 2 years ago and even bought a TechoTrend pci device with card reader but at the time I was unable to get it to work with SageTV.

Will I need this DVB Network Recorder to be able to successfully use SageTV with satellite in this way?
Old 01-31-2012, 05:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

I really like to test this software to replace my current solution but got only partial success running.

I'm in North America and my dish is pointing at BEV which is the same technology than DISH but i get a hard time finding the correct way to scan my channel i only get 27 channels on some transponder and they are always the same.

I think the problem is on the LNB settings so is someone as already got it running in NA could you poste your settings ?

THanks !