SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon2002 View Post
Are you saying that the first time I run the MDAPIFilter.ax it will create this missing folder or should I create this missing folder manually.
No, I typed too fast, the ini file will be for you in C:\Program Files (x86)\LM Gestion\LM DVB Smart Recorder\MDPLUGINS"

The MDPLUGINS, MDAPIFilter.ini and subfolder for the card in the MDPLUGINS folder will be created the first time you use the tuner (even for FTA)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Stéphane,

"BRILLIANT Work", the MDplugin element works great......

I followed your instructions, although I had some problems with the LM DVB Smart recorder service trying to install itself again and tripping over, but I worked out how to uninstall it with a command line entry:-

SC Delete "LM DVB Smart Recorder Service"

and then run the configuration option which reinstalls the service.

Great news though, after a little bit of playing around it worked, I've only tried one channel but it worked great, I'll do some more testing and let you know.

So far I have only used AcamD, I will try some other MDPlugins (NDSCam and a couple of other), this is really good news.

Thanks for your help and patience,

David

Last edited by Bacon2002; 08-21-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Stéphane,

My MDAPI.log is working fine however I have found a problem with my configuration:-

After a restart when I run the LM DVB Smart Recorder - Monitor, I get a error message saying that the service is already installed.

If I then uninstall the service with:-

SC delete "LM DVB Smart Recorder Service"

and then re-run the monitor it reinstalls the service however now when I restart the recorders I get a message in the live trace saying:-

Failed to listen on 192.168.0.2:9095: Only one usage of each socket address....
Socket Error, TCP Network listener not started on.......

The only way around this seems to be to change the port address which in turn means stopping SageTV removing the original recorder then adding the new recorder, restarting SageTV and adding the recorder with the new address.

All very time consuming, is there a way to clear the original "Failed to listen" error.

Let me know what you think.

On the plus side both AcamD and NDSCam seem to work when everything else is working.

Thanks,

David

PS - I removed the second problem I had originally shown as I found a FFDecsa.dll that worked (the one that is 24KB's in size)

Last edited by Bacon2002; 08-22-2010 at 05:57 AM.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
After a restart when I run the LM DVB Smart Recorder - Monitor, I get a error message saying that the service is already installed.

If I then uninstall the service with:-

SC delete "LM DVB Smart Recorder Service"

and then re-run the monitor it reinstalls the service
In my opinion you have somehow corrupted the installation of LM DSR, especially for the service.

At this point, I think you should uninstall LM DSR, reboot your PC and install it again. If it doesn't install properly again because of the service, delete the registry key for the service, reboot and try the installation one more time.

Quote:
however now when I restart the recorders I get a message in the live trace saying:-

The only way around this seems to be to change the port address which in turn means stopping SageTV removing the original recorder then adding the new recorder, restarting SageTV and adding the recorder with the new address.
This is something that happens on some PC, I cannot reproduce the issue however. It seems that when I close the TCP sockets, the TCP port is not released...

Once you have the service correctly installed, try to restart the recorders (from the LM DSR GUI) and see if it happens again. If yes : stop the service with the service controller (verify the process is ended), wait 4 minutes and start the service back up, does it works now?

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Stéphane,

I did a reinstall and it looks like the service problem has gone away, fingers crossed that's sorted out now.

Quote:
Once you have the service correctly installed, try to restart the recorders (from the LM DSR GUI) and see if it happens again. If yes : stop the service with the service controller (verify the process is ended), wait 4 minutes and start the service back up, does it works now?
Did all that however I get the same message:-

For information I actually waited more like 10 -15 minutes.

Anything else I can try as this makes playing around with the plugin really slow?

Thanks,

David

Last edited by Bacon2002; 08-22-2010 at 07:34 AM.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Did all that however I get the same message :
This one really I don't have a clue....

Another test:

* reboot the PC
* stop the SageTV service/server (so that it doesn't try to reach the LM DSR service)
* stop the LM DSR service
* start the LM DSR service

Is the TCP socket still in use?
Old 08-22-2010, 07:53 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Don't bother testing, I can reproduce the issue.

On my dev. environnment I don't use the LM DSR service, I have a standalone application that is the same thing as the service but it's easier to debug (otherwise you have to install the service after each build, which is a pain)

Bottom line is : "Restart Recorders" works correctly when using the standalone application but not when using the service (this is however the exact same code so I'm a bit puzzled)

Meanwhile don't use the "Restart Recorders" button but simply restart the service when you want to restart the recorders (with the Windows Services Managment console)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
This should be fixed in version 1.4 I released now.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
This should be fixed in version 1.4 I released now.

Regards,
Stéphane.
I always get "Functioning: false" if I click on "Restart Recorders" in 1.4.
Restarting the service in management console does work.

Using Win7 x86 here.
BTW: Running Monitor as a local user, shouldn't I get a UAC prompt to restart the service?

Regards,
Oliver

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:44 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by owilsky View Post
I always get "Functioning: false" if I click on "Restart Recorders" in 1.4.
Restarting the service in management console does work.
When you restart the recorder from the GUI what is displayed in the live trace viewer?

You should see:

* Stopping Recorder 'xxxxxx'
* Stopped listening on zzzzzzzzzz:yy
* Stopped listening thread on zzzzzzzzz:yy

This means that the network listener was stopped completely

Quote:
Using Win7 x86 here.
BTW: Running Monitor as a local user, shouldn't I get a UAC prompt to restart the service?
No the service isn't restarted, only the recorders are destroyed and created back. The service still runs while doing this.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
When you restart the recorder from the GUI what is displayed in the live trace viewer?

You should see:

* Stopping Recorder 'xxxxxx'
* Stopped listening on zzzzzzzzzz:yy
* Stopped listening thread on zzzzzzzzz:yy

This means that the network listener was stopped completely.
Log:
Code:
19:23:50.065 - Main GUI - Info - LM DVB Smart Recorder GUI version 1.4.3887.736 started
19:24:05.345 - Recorder Service - Info - Stopping recorder 'DVB Smart Recorder'
19:24:05.348 - Recorder Service - Info - Stopped listening thread on '127.0.0.1:9091'
19:24:05.447 - Recorder Service - Info - Stopped listening on 127.0.0.1:9091
19:24:05.449 - Recorder Service - Info - Releasing card USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
19:24:05.491 - Recorder Service - Info - Found DVB-S card (using Generic Network Provider) : USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
19:24:05.500 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Removing and releasing filter 'DVBC Network Provider'
19:24:05.500 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Removing and releasing filter 'DVBS Network Provider'
19:24:05.500 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Removing and releasing filter 'DVBT Network Provider'
19:24:05.506 - Recorder Service - Info - Recorder 'DVB Smart Recorder' listening on 127.0.0.1:9091
19:24:05.506 - Recorder Service - Error - Failed to listen on 127.0.0.1:9091 : Normalerweise darf jede Socketadresse (Protokoll, Netzwerkadresse oder Anschluss) nur jeweils einmal verwendet werden
19:24:05.509 - Recorder Service - Error - Socket Error, TCP Network listener not started on '127.0.0.1:9091'
I guess you still know the translations?
It's the old error that a port may only used once.

After that I cannot restart the service in management console. I need to kill the service in task manager, after that I can restart the service in management console. I could recreate this behavior a few times, but didn't do a reboot between my tries.

Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
Old 08-24-2010, 12:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Channels scan issues

Stephane,

I have just started evaluating your app, looking very promising!

I am facing an issue while scanning DVB-S/S2 stations on Hotbird 13E, these are two different types of problems:

1. for some transponders the recorder fetches the program names correctly but at some point in time start cycling forever analyzing the IEPG Data (see log file for tp 10853 H 27500 3/4). Only way to stop the scan is by cancelling the recorder configuration, loosing what done since then.

2. for some other tp's it finds empty names and does not populate the channel list (see log for tp 12034 V 27500 3/4). Please note that names do exist for those channels, other programs like dvbe4sage can scan correctly the TS stream. According to lyngsat I should find some Sky Cinema channels there.

Attached is a log file for your reference.

Thanks a lot for your support ... as always!

Stefano
Attached Files
File Type: zip svc_trace_20100824.zip (23.1 KB, 159 views)
Old 08-25-2010, 09:37 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by svalmorri View Post
1. for some transponders the recorder fetches the program names correctly but at some point in time start cycling forever analyzing the IEPG Data (see log file for tp 10853 H 27500 3/4). Only way to stop the scan is by cancelling the recorder configuration, loosing what done since then.
Ok this is fixed in version 1.5 that is available for download now (the recorder was requesting the PMT to be captured for channels without PMT yet. The problem is that some channels was sharing the PMT but the recorder was only updating one channels, thus leaving channels without a PMT and leading to the loop)

Quote:
2. for some other tp's it finds empty names and does not populate the channel list (see log for tp 12034 V 27500 3/4). Please note that names do exist for those channels, other programs like dvbe4sage can scan correctly the TS stream. According to lyngsat I should find some Sky Cinema channels there.
This also should be fixed in version 1.5. (The DVB parser was not acquiring the PSI sections in the correct order and was dropping sections, thus leading to a incomplete PSI table)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by owilsky View Post
After that I cannot restart the service in management console. I need to kill the service in task manager.
This specific issue should be fixed (not to be able to restart the service) in version 1.5.

For the network error however. I still don't know why on some machine the socket are not released... When you stop the service are the socket still in "LISTENING" state (use netstat -na in a command prompt)?

What is the network card / chipset you are using as well as driver version?

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
This specific issue should be fixed (not to be able to restart the service) in version 1.5.
I can confirm that.

Quote:
For the network error however. I still don't know why on some machine the socket are not released... When you stop the service are the socket still in "LISTENING" state (use netstat -na in a command prompt)?

What is the network card / chipset you are using as well as driver version?
The interesting part is that I could not reproduce it with 1.4 now that I tested it again. After upgrading to 1.5 however I could.
netstat -na | find ":9091" | find "0.0.0.0" shows "LISTENING" (in German).

But did not mean restart service but restart recorder, right?
After stopping service I get no result for netstat -na | find ":9091".

network card: NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller (onboard chipset).
Hardware IDs:
VEN_10DE
DEV_0760
SUBSYS_82351043
REV_A2

Driver version:
Driver date:

I will look for an updated driver.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Ok this is fixed in version 1.5
OK I can confirm you that it's working fine now. Thanks!
Old 08-26-2010, 02:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

Great news though, after a little bit of playing around it worked, I've only tried one channel but it worked great, I'll do some more testing and let you know.

So far I have only used AcamD, I will try some other MDPlugins (NDSCam and a couple of other), this is really good news.
David,
did you happen to test acamd in cardclient mode or in smartcard reader mode? I am asking because it looks like to me that the acamd_pmt.txt file is not taken into account when selecting the preferred caid to use...

Stephane,
for Sky Italy channels there are two caid's involved, 0919 (old nds) and 093b. From the logs it seems that the recorder only tries to tune into the 0919 [message is: CAID changed from (0) to (919)] regardless of what is specified as the preferred caid in the PMT file above. Since the server and the subscription card is only 093b capable I think this is the reason why I don't get the keys decrypted. Is there another setting in the MDAPIfilter.ini file I can use to force a different caid for decrypting?

Thanks & regards
Old 08-26-2010, 07:02 AM
Sage Icon

Stefano,
Quote:
for Sky Italy channels there are two caid's involved, 0919 (old nds) and 093b. From the logs it seems that the recorder only tries to tune into the 0919 [message is: CAID changed from (0) to (919)] regardless of what is specified as the preferred caid in the PMT file above. Since the server and the subscription card is only 093b capable I think this is the reason why I don't get the keys decrypted. Is there another setting in the MDAPIfilter.ini file I can use to force a different caid for decrypting?
You'll find a MDAPIProvID.xml file in the MDPLUGINS folder. In this file you can force the ECM (If I understand the whole thing correctly) by channel / provider or CA type.

Usually it should be enough for your issue to add the good provider id (in decimal form) in the XML file (if you give a provider id, then the recorder will ask MDAPI to decode the CA / ECM for this provider)

The only issue is that I don't log the # ECM / CA / Provider ID values... So it may be difficult to find them...

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the info!

For my purposes I have:

RAI CA Type: 0100 Prov ID: 000030
Mediaset CA Type: 0100 Prov ID: 0000B1
Sky Italy CA Type: 093B Prov ID: 000000

Would it be enough to specify two entries in the MDAPIProvID.xml in the CA TYPE section, one for 0100 and one for 093B? Or do I need the mix of Prov ID and CA Type?

Thanks.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:40 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Would it be enough to specify two entries in the MDAPIProvID.xml in the CA TYPE section, one for 0100 and one for 093B? Or do I need the mix of Prov ID and CA Type?
I think this would be enough:

Code:
<CA_Types>
   <CA_Type>2363</CA_Type>
   <CA_Type>256</CA_Type>
</CA_Types>
Regards,
Stéphane.