SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark SS View Post
have you implemented any hooks to the windows sleep/wake events? I ask as I suspect most of the issues I've had with DVBE4Sage are with it (or more likely the MDAPI plugin I'm using with it) failing after sleep/wake.
Yes there is code to handle power events. Though not much: the recorder is only releasing DVB cards when sleeping and redetect hardware when resuming (after expiration of the hardware restart delay which is 20 sec. by default)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Sage User

Hi! Just paid for the donator's version and downloaded the 1.3. Decided to give the Smart Recorder another go since SageTV (beta 14 for SageTV 7)still does not show subs for DVB-T recordings here in Norway. Not in my setup, at least. Other users seems to have had more luck so far...

I un-installed the previous version and reinstalled the donator version. Channel changes seems to have speeded up considerably since my previous tests. I only have one issue, really: Subtitles only occationally show when watching a show "live" (at least half of the texts are never shown, some text dissapear quickly and long "pauses"). When I rewind, or if I watch the show later, subtitles are fine.

In "Options" I originally had the 2MB selected. I changed this to "Auto" after reading other posts, although was not expecting any improvement since 2MB seemed to be the "ultra" alternative. And "Auto" also ended up slightly worse than 2MB.

Any ideas? The "live" experience ought to be improved, but I must say I was pleased to finally see some subs.

And I was VERY pleased to see that I could add channels directly from Smart Recorder into XMLTV Importer. That means I can use the Smart Recorder to scan each time my provider decides to alter the channel setup (they do from time to time). Before I had to do a scan with SageTV, with a nightmare of a lineup as a result... Thanks!
Old 08-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaamaas View Post
I only have one issue, really: Subtitles only occationally show when watching a show "live" (at least half of the texts are never shown, some text dissapear quickly and long "pauses"). When I rewind, or if I watch the show later, subtitles are fine.
When watching the show live a little pause is usually needed (one skip backward should fix it). This is not something I could improve : if you are really really as live as you can be you shouldn't even see the subs .

Here is how the whole thing is done:

1) Capture the stream
2) During the capture decode the subtitles
3) Once a subtitle page is complete dump it to the disk (this involve converting the decoded images into PNG and packing them into the isub text file)
4) SageTV does it playback, the caption STVi is now at work: it will
a) load the .isub file
b) split the file, decode the image, display the images
c) reload the .isub file when going out of sub

So there is an incompressible delay resulting of all these operations, a few seconds.

Quote:
In "Options" I originally had the 2MB selected. I changed this to "Auto" after reading other posts, although was not expecting any improvement since 2MB seemed to be the "ultra" alternative. And "Auto" also ended up slightly worse than 2MB.
The flush size. "Auto" is the way to go, but as you noticed : it make the video playback sooner in SageTV, that's why it's worse than with 2MB for the subtitles.

The flush size is something you have to set to "Auto" or (below 2MB) when SageTV is "pausing" during live tv playback (or is having a glitch like a discontinuity) => this is because SageTV is reading faster than the recorder is writing (or is reading data not yet totally written). With "Auto" the flush size is approx. equals to the bit rate of the stream you are watching.

If you don't watch live tv, then 2MB is what you need to cool down your HDD.

Quote:
Any ideas? The "live" experience ought to be improved, but I must say I was pleased to finally see some subs.
Nothing can be done other that delaying the playback. That's why I wanted to do initially but it seems everyone is wanting the playback to start as soons as it can...

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark SS View Post
Anybody had any success with this new encoder and an MDAPI plugin e.g. NDSCAM?
Hi Mark I'd be very interested to know if you get this going. Ive just moved house and am considering sky sports. I couldnt get dvbe4sage to work with my WHS server so just had to settle for freesat.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:18 AM
Sage User

Thanks for the clarification, Stéphane. Two more things:

(1) I do not get TTX subtitles to work.
The Smart Recorder reveals they are there. I select the page for the "NO" language on all four channels that use this kind of subs.
When watching a show with subs I can select subtitles equally as for the DVS subtitles, in the following UI dialogue I can then choose between "no subtitles" and "closed captions".
When I select "closed captions" I immedeately get the first two lines of text in the picture. Problem is that these lines stays put, permanent and unchanged. To get rid of these two initial lines I must deselect the subs. In order to see any more text I need to stop and then restart the show, and then I will then get the same result.
So - is this feature supposed to work? If so, any known issues with my OS (WHS) or tuners (Digital Everywhere Floppy DVB-T CI)?

(2) Two many "glitches"
Even if I pause a "live" show for 5-10 seconds I always seem to end up with minor pauses after some time (minutes). Playing back a completed recording, which I admit I mostly do, has no problems. These problems are however non-existing if I use standard SageTV recording engine. Is it really nothing that can be done to improve this?
I've reverted back from Smart Recorder for the time beeing. Reason is that my HD200s crash after aprox 1-2 minutes (also with latest SW version) if I play back with DVB subs. Since I can not see the subs I might as well use the recording engine that gives me the highest picture quality - and at the moment that is without doubt SageTV's own recording engine.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
(1) I do not get TTX subtitles to work.
The Smart Recorder reveals they are there. I select the page for the "NO" language on all four channels that use this kind of subs.
When watching a show with subs I can select subtitles equally as for the DVS subtitles, in the following UI dialogue I can then choose between "no subtitles" and "closed captions".
Have you installed the Caption playback stvi (included with the recorder in the Config & Log folder / plugins sub folder)?
Quote:
So - is this feature supposed to work? If so, any known issues with my OS (WHS) or tuners (Digital Everywhere Floppy DVB-T CI)?
No this is not an issue with OS / Capture cards. However TTX subs as well as DVB subs can come in many flavors, so it is possible that I'm not handling one of them correctly.

During the recording of a channel with TTX sub, the recorder will produce a .srt file, for DVB subs a .isub file. You should check that those files are growing and contains the wanted subtitles (both are text files you can open in Notepad)

Also SageTV can playback the .srt all alone, but I'm not sure that it can handle them correctly during live tv playback where the .srt file is constantly updating. The Caption playback STVi is designed to reload the srt and isub file when going out of sub during live tv.

There is also a known issue with TTX subs (but usually on French channels): the advertised page number is not the good one. For instance in the channels list the TTX drop down list will show a TTX page 859, when really the page is 889... So you must type 889 instead of selecting the page in the drop down list (the recorder dumps real page number in the logs when recording a channel)

Quote:
(2) Two many "glitches"
Even if I pause a "live" show for 5-10 seconds I always seem to end up with minor pauses after some time (minutes). Playing back a completed recording, which I admit I mostly do, has no problems. These problems are however non-existing if I use standard SageTV recording engine. Is it really nothing that can be done to improve this?
Use 64 KB as the write buffer size and don't use async I/O. This is what SageTV is doing. But eventhough, I'm not sure anything can be done: this is a playback engine issue (I don't use extenders, do you have this issue on extenders only?)
Old 08-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM View Post
Have you installed the Caption playback stvi (included with the recorder in the Config & Log folder / plugins sub folder)?
Nope, have not read your instructions thorougly enough it seems! Do you think this may cause the extenders to crash?

Raises a couple of questions, though:
(1) The .STVi file is missing in your directory. This is of course available from the Caption playback stvi post. However - there are three versions (1.22, 1.22c and 1.3 beta dated jan 2009(!)) and a bunch of old posts. Suggestions on which version to choose?
(2) Related to the first question I guess - I use SageTV 7 GUI (and not very keen to roll back to the "old" version). Have you or anyone else tested this plugin with default SageTV 7 UI - will it work?

Will try the suggested buffer and uncheck async I/O on next try. Yes, I usually use the extenders. My SageTV client license is not very frequently used (the HD200 extenders just work, no need to tweak or mess around to get audio and video cooperate ...).
Old 08-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
(1) The .STVi file is missing in your directory. This is of course available from the Caption playback stvi post. However - there are three versions (1.22, 1.22c and 1.3 beta dated jan 2009(!)) and a bunch of old posts. Suggestions on which version to choose?
The STVi is not missing... You have to rename the XML file to STVi for importing it in the default STV (this is stated in the Web Page).

You must not download the original caption playback STVi on this forum because it doesn't include my modifications for the DVB subtitles support and the increased accuracy of the subtitle's timing.

Quote:
(2) Related to the first question I guess - I use SageTV 7 GUI (and not very keen to roll back to the "old" version). Have you or anyone else tested this plugin with default SageTV 7 UI - will it work?
The STVi works with SageTV V7 (at least for the part I have redone: the caption playback. Though the configuration menu doesn't work)

In a few days I'll release (in the plugins repository) a dedicated version for SageTV V7 (fixing the menu system and changing the subtitle's timing to take advantage of the new SageTV API. I'm currently testing the modifications right now as I have switched to SageTV V7)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Sage User

Look forward to your progress. I'm in test mode right now and jumped on the "Caption Playback 1.3.0 (28 January 2009)", that's the latest beta. Got the TTX subs working, and now I also know what you mean with the sync issues.

The plugin had no effect on the crash-problem, though. But SageTV support suggested I try to alter the recording format. Due to my desire to edit an occational recording I record transport stream (H.264 HE-ACC LATM/LOAS as transport stream is editable with VideoReDo TV Suite ver 4) I record .ts. So I altered sage properties to record in program stream instead, and voila - or at least I though so for almost ten minutes. Not quite there I' afraid . Pretty close, though!
Old 08-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Look forward to your progress. I'm in test mode right now and jumped on the "Caption Playback 1.3.0 (28 January 2009)", that's the latest beta. Got the TTX subs working, and now I also know what you mean with the sync issues.
I repeat: DO NOT install the caption playback stvi that you can find on this forum.

Take the .xml file you find in the LM DSR Config & Log directory and rename it to .stvi then you'll be able to import it into SageTV (along with the .jar etc...).

The caption playback stvi found on this forums doesn't :

* play the DVB subtitles
* reload the subtitles during Live TV playback
* doesn't handle recordings with multiple segments
* doesn't handle live tv program changes (going from one show to another)
* have timing issue with subtitles

Quote:
The plugin had no effect on the crash-problem, though. But SageTV support suggested I try to alter the recording format. Due to my desire to edit an occational recording I record transport stream (H.264 HE-ACC LATM/LOAS as transport stream is editable with VideoReDo TV Suite ver 4) I record .ts.
The LM DSR recorder is only able to produce Transport Streams. The crash you have with the Extender would not happen if you use my STVi to playback the DVB subtitles (so in all cases for the subtitles doesn't use the SageTV native support)

My plugin can't crash SageTV (client, extenders I don't know but I don't see why) : it is reading a text file and display bitmap images over the video on a schedule. The only issue that can happen is to be out of memory because of the constant loading of images (I never ever had memory issue on my SageTV client and I watch DVB subtitles every day either on 45 min show, or on 1h30++ movies)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:37 AM
Sage User

Quote:
I repeat: DO NOT install the caption playback stvi that you can find on this forum.

Take the .xml file you find in the LM DSR Config & Log directory and rename it to .stvi then you'll be able to import it into SageTV (along with the .jar etc...).
Well, well. Trigger happy user that would very much like to see the subs . I might not have misunderstood if the "Playing Subtitles" page actually had instructed me to rename to .stvi. Instead it says "to import into the default SageTV STV, rename it to .smi.". That plus the fact that the source caption playback includes both a .stvi file and a .smi file led me out on the wrong path I guess.

Anyway - reverted back to the original SageTV7.xml, imported the LM stuff only and voila!
- No crash (the sample I used crash my HD200s with std SageTV sub-viewing)
- No sync issues with DVB-subs (did not try to trigger them, though)
- But - only first of two text lines displayed

Working on an upcoming version for SageTV7 - then could you please look at the clip I've uploaded? This clip displays two lines of subs when I use SageTV built-in display of DVB-subs (until the extender crash after a couple of minutes) - but with the LM variant the upper text line only is displayed (that's almost 50 % of the text missing).
You'll find the clip (at least for some time) here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3185109/Reco...00Extender.rar
Old 08-13-2010, 08:52 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Working on an upcoming version for SageTV7 - then could you please look at the clip I've uploaded? This clip displays two lines of subs when I use SageTV built-in display of DVB-subs (until the extender crash after a couple of minutes) - but with the LM variant the upper text line only is displayed (that's almost 50 % of the text missing).
Ok. One good news: The subs I can extract from the file are correct (look at the DVB subs rendered into PNGs attached to this post... one PNG file = one screen, this is what should be overlaid on top of the video image)
One bad news : I cannot play your recording... My PC doesn't like the AAC audio stream and cannot find anything to render it eventhough I use FFDShow as my audio decoder... How do you play those files in SageTV Client?

Regards,
Stéphane.
Attached Images
File Type: png 65707624.png (16.2 KB, 189 views)
File Type: png 65723891.png (15.2 KB, 181 views)
Old 08-13-2010, 08:54 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
This clip displays two lines of subs when I use SageTV built-in display of DVB-subs but with the LM variant the upper text line only is displayed (that's almost 50 % of the text missing).
Can you try to play the same clip on a SageTV client (to see if this is the extender that cannot handle my STVi plug-in)
Old 08-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Can you try to play the same clip on a SageTV client (to see if this is the extender that cannot handle my STVi plug-in)
I don't get it to work properly with the SageTV client. When i play the recording, the menu items for closed caption enable (your item) is not there, neither are the ordinary display subtitles. If, however, I choose a channel with TTX subs I do get the ordinary display subtitles, but your closed caption enable is still not there.

Must have done something wrong - since it is a client I expected that I had to copy the JAR, STVi and PNG files into the client (PC) directories and then just install the plugin for SageTVClient. Done it twice, the SageTV7.XML is saved in a new version, no errors. And no evident result .

Quote:
One bad news : I cannot play your recording... My PC doesn't like the AAC audio stream and cannot find anything to render it eventhough I use FFDShow as my audio decoder... How do you play those files in SageTV Client?
Welcome to the Norwegian HTPC-nightmare. Like I said some days ago - "the HD200 extenders just work, no need to tweak or mess around to get audio and video cooperate".

Actually it is possible - even though I seldom use my SageTVClient it actually works, just tried the client as described above. A quick look in my client audio/video settings reveals:
Video renderer: EVR
H.264 decoder: Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder
Media-Player non-mpeg files: SageTV Player
Must say I wonder what I use for audio... There's no setting for that . MPEG2 use AC3-Filter. Nope - don't have the faintest idea ... Things that should work for you though is the "DirectShow libfaad2 Wrapper Filter" (supposed to be available with licensed DVBViewer).
Other codecs that are supposed to work:
ArcSoft H.264 video codec & Monogram AAC codec
Old 08-13-2010, 02:04 PM
Sage User

Argh! Little word of warning, I just upgraded the SageTV Client to the brand new beta 7.0.15. This version will not cooperate, the version I ran tests on earlier today was 7.0.12. I think the ts splitter is to blame - tested it this morning and was unable to watch any H.264 channels. "Unable to render the audio content ..." message on H.264. Perhaps your experience with audio content in my clip was due to the same issue...(?).
Downgraded to 7.0.12 again and problem is eliminated.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Argh! Little word of warning, I just upgraded the SageTV Client to the brand new beta 7.0.15. This version will not cooperate, the version I ran tests on earlier today was 7.0.12. I think the ts splitter is to blame - tested it this morning and was unable to watch any H.264 channels. "Unable to render the audio content ..." message on H.264.
No I think the issue with 7.0.15 is that it always use Directshow player for this type of files (whereas with 7.0.12 you were probably using the SageTVPlayer).

Anyway, I was able to play the file by installing the Monogram AAC decoder. And indeed one line is missing in the isub file. I will investigate the issue because as you can see in the previous attachments I really decode the two lines correctly... I can choose multiple outputs from my DVB subtitles demuxer : save a PNG for the whole screen, or save the PNG for each objects on the screen. So for the isub file instead of saving a PNG for the whole scree (it is too big), I save the individuals objects (here the two lines) who are then composited by the STVi... So as it's the same code it might be a small mistake somwhere, I'll find it.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi,

I am trying to get the LM Smart DVB plugin to work although I am having a problem, below is a copy of my live trace which hopefully will help to identify the problem:-
Code:
14:38:15.008 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB 1 - START LM DVB 1 Digital TV Tuner|139|2563758990006|G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts|Great
14:38:15.011 - Recorder Service - Info - Acquisition Thread Started on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
14:38:15.025 - Recorder Service - Info - Starting new recording 'G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts' on channel 'More4 +1'
14:38:15.025 - Recorder Service - Info - Writing Thread Started for SID 9230
14:38:15.034 - Recorder Service - Info - Tuning to channel More4 +1 (SID : 9230) on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
14:38:15.034 - Recorder Service - Info - Builing graph on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
14:38:15.062 - Recorder Service - Info - Enabling MDAPIFilter on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
14:38:15.066 - Recorder Service - Warning - Cannot create MDAPIFilter : Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {72E6DB8F-9F33-4D1C-A37C-DE8148C0BE74} failed due to the following error: 80040154.
14:38:15.069 - Recorder Service - Warning - MDAPIFilter doesn't have extended capabilities, please update the MDAPIFilter
14:38:15.072 - Recorder Service - Error - Graph builing failed on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1: Unable to add mdapifilter0
14:38:15.072 - Recorder Service - Warning - Cannot tune to channel More4 +1 on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1 : Graph building failed
14:38:15.076 - Recorder Service - Info - Stopping recording G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts on channel 'More4 +1'
14:38:15.076 - Recorder Service - Info - Average bit rate : 0.00 Mbits/s for G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts
14:38:15.081 - Recorder Service - Info - Recording duration 00:00:00.0 for G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts
14:38:15.081 - Recorder Service - Info - Writing Thread Ended for SID 9230
14:38:15.086 - Recorder Service - Info - Stopping graph on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
14:38:15.086 - Recorder Service - Info - Stability of signal 0.00 % on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1 (0 bytes discarded)
14:38:15.086 - Recorder Service - Info - Graph already stopped on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
14:38:15.095 - Recorder Service - Info - Acquisition Thread Ended on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
14:38:15.095 - Recorder Service - Info - Destroying graph on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
14:38:15.191 - Recorder Service - Info - Releasing MDAPIFilter on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
14:38:15.195 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Removing and releasing filter 'Inf Tee 2'
14:38:15.195 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Removing and releasing filter 'Inf Tee'
14:38:15.201 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Removing and releasing filter 'MPEG2-Demultiplexer'
14:38:15.201 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Removing and releasing filter 'USB 2.0 BDA DVB Capture'
14:38:15.201 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Removing and releasing filter 'USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner'
14:38:15.201 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Removing and releasing filter 'Generic Network Provider'
14:38:15.201 - Recorder Service - Info - Graph destroyed on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
14:38:15.210 - Recorder Service - Info - Graph stopped on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
14:38:15.210 - Recorder Service - Info - Signal Quality 0.00 % on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1 (0 wrong packets received)
14:38:15.210 - Recorder Service - Info - Acquisition Thread Started on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
14:38:15.210 - Recorder Service - Info - Starting new recording 'G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts' on channel 'More4 +1'
14:38:15.222 - Recorder Service - Info - Writing Thread Started for SID 9230
14:38:15.222 - Recorder Service - Info - Tuning to channel More4 +1 (SID : 9230) on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
14:38:15.222 - Recorder Service - Info - Builing graph on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
14:38:15.251 - Recorder Service - Info - Enabling MDAPIFilter on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
14:38:15.257 - Recorder Service - Warning - Cannot create MDAPIFilter : Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {72E6DB8F-9F33-4D1C-A37C-DE8148C0BE74} failed due to the following error: 80040154.
14:38:15.257 - Recorder Service - Warning - MDAPIFilter doesn't have extended capabilities, please update the MDAPIFilter
14:38:15.262 - Recorder Service - Error - Graph builing failed on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1: Unable to add mdapifilter0
14:38:15.263 - Recorder Service - Warning - Cannot tune to channel More4 +1 on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1 : Graph building failed
14:38:15.263 - Recorder Service - Info - Stopping recording G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts on channel 'More4 +1'
14:38:15.269 - Recorder Service - Info - Average bit rate : 0.00 Mbits/s for G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts
14:38:15.269 - Recorder Service - Info - Recording duration 00:00:00.0 for G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts
14:38:15.275 - Recorder Service - Info - Writing Thread Ended for SID 9230
14:38:15.275 - Recorder Service - Info - Stopping graph on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
14:38:15.275 - Recorder Service - Info - Stability of signal 0.00 % on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1 (0 bytes discarded)
14:38:15.285 - Recorder Service - Info - Graph already stopped on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
14:38:15.285 - Recorder Service - Info - Acquisition Thread Ended on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
14:38:15.285 - Recorder Service - Info - Destroying graph on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
14:38:15.412 - Recorder Service - Info - Releasing MDAPIFilter on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
14:38:15.412 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Removing and releasing filter 'Inf Tee 2'
14:38:15.412 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Removing and releasing filter 'Inf Tee'
14:38:15.412 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Removing and releasing filter 'MPEG2-Demultiplexer'
14:38:15.412 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Removing and releasing filter 'USB 2.0 BDA DVB Capture'
14:38:15.412 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Removing and releasing filter 'USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner'
14:38:15.412 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Removing and releasing filter 'Generic Network Provider'
14:38:15.412 - Recorder Service - Info - Graph destroyed on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
14:38:15.412 - Recorder Service - Info - Graph stopped on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
14:38:15.433 - Recorder Service - Info - Signal Quality 0.00 % on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1 (0 wrong packets received)
14:38:15.433 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Looking up a DVB card for recording 'G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts'
Pass 1 - card USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1 was free or already recording on the same transponder, recording was not started
Pass 2 - card USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1 has accepted the recording, recording was not started

14:38:15.433 - Recorder Service - Warning - LM DVB 1 - Recording 'G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts' could not be started.
14:38:15.433 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB 1 - START = ERROR
14:38:15.434 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB 1 - GET_FILE_SIZE G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts = 0
14:38:16.510 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB 1 - GET_FILE_SIZE G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts = 0
14:38:17.520 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB 1 - GET_FILE_SIZE G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts = 0
14:38:18.726 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB 1 - GET_FILE_SIZE G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts = 0
14:38:19.732 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB 1 - GET_FILE_SIZE G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts = 0
14:38:20.938 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB 1 - GET_FILE_SIZE G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts = 0
14:38:21.943 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB 1 - GET_FILE_SIZE G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts = 0
14:38:23.149 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB 1 - GET_FILE_SIZE G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts = 0
14:38:24.183 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB 1 - GET_FILE_SIZE G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts = 0
14:38:25.361 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB 1 - GET_FILE_SIZE G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts = 0
14:38:26.517 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB 1 - GET_FILE_SIZE G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts = 0
14:38:27.572 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB 1 - GET_FILE_SIZE G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts = 0
14:38:28.576 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB 1 - GET_FILE_SIZE G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts = 0
14:38:29.783 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB 1 - GET_FILE_SIZE G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts = 0
14:38:30.788 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB 1 - GET_FILE_SIZE G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts = 0
14:38:31.994 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB 1 - GET_FILE_SIZE G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts = 0
14:38:33.200 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB 1 - GET_FILE_SIZE G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts = 0
14:38:34.205 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB 1 - GET_FILE_SIZE G:\SageTV Recordings\ScrapheapChallenge-1012-1834650-0.ts = 0
14:38:36.003 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB 1 - STOP
14:38:36.006 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Current recording file is not the one SageTV think is going on
14:38:36.006 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB 1 - STOP = ERROR
Any idea what I am doing wrong?

I am using SageTV 7.15 and the latest 1.3 version of the plugin.

Many thanks,

David
Old 08-15-2010, 07:49 AM
Sage Icon

Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon2002 View Post
I am trying to get the LM Smart DVB plugin to work although I am having a problem, below is a copy of my live trace which hopefully will help to identify the problem

14:38:15.066 - Recorder Service - Warning - Cannot create MDAPIFilter : Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {72E6DB8F-9F33-4D1C-A37C-DE8148C0BE74} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

I am using SageTV 7.15 and the latest 1.3 version of the plugin.
The MDAPIFilter is not registered, so you'll have to install the MDAPIFilter, and register the mdapifilter.ax included with LM DSR.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Stéphane,

Thanks for the quick reply, I registered the mdapifilter by opening a command line, navigating to the correct folder, in my case:-

C:\Program Files (x86)\LM Gestion\LM DVB Smart Recorder\MDPLUGINS\

and then entering:-

regsvr32 mdapifilter.ax

this prompts a dialogue box to pop up saying that the file (mdapifilter.ax) has been registered. I then re-tried (with the MDAPI option selected within the recorder options) but I get the following:-
Code:
18:45:34.848 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB S2-1 - START LM DVB S2-1 Digital TV Tuner|143|2563788669634|G:\SageTV Recordings\Countryfile-1073-1839050-1.ts|Great
18:45:34.851 - Recorder Service - Info - Acquisition Thread Started on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
18:45:34.853 - Recorder Service - Info - Writing Thread Started for SID 6940
18:45:34.857 - Recorder Service - Info - Starting new recording 'G:\SageTV Recordings\Countryfile-1073-1839050-1.ts' on channel 'BBC HD'
18:45:34.857 - Recorder Service - Info - Tuning to channel BBC HD (SID : 6940) on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
18:45:34.866 - Recorder Service - Info - Builing graph on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
18:45:34.898 - Recorder Service - Info - Enabling MDAPIFilter on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
18:45:34.901 - Recorder Service - Warning - Cannot create MDAPIFilter : Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {72E6DB8F-9F33-4D1C-A37C-DE8148C0BE74} failed due to the following error: 80040154.
18:45:34.904 - Recorder Service - Warning - MDAPIFilter doesn't have extended capabilities, please update the MDAPIFilter
18:45:34.907 - Recorder Service - Error - Graph builing failed on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1: Unable to add mdapifilter0
18:45:34.910 - Recorder Service - Warning - Cannot tune to channel BBC HD on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1 : Graph building failed
18:45:34.910 - Recorder Service - Info - Stopping recording G:\SageTV Recordings\Countryfile-1073-1839050-1.ts on channel 'BBC HD'
18:45:34.915 - Recorder Service - Info - Average bit rate : 0.00 Mbits/s for G:\SageTV Recordings\Countryfile-1073-1839050-1.ts
18:45:34.915 - Recorder Service - Info - Recording duration 00:00:00.0 for G:\SageTV Recordings\Countryfile-1073-1839050-1.ts
18:45:34.920 - Recorder Service - Info - Stopping graph on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
18:45:34.924 - Recorder Service - Info - Stability of signal 0.00 % on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1 (0 bytes discarded)
18:45:34.924 - Recorder Service - Info - Writing Thread Ended for SID 6940
18:45:34.929 - Recorder Service - Info - Graph already stopped on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
18:45:34.929 - Recorder Service - Info - Acquisition Thread Ended on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
18:45:34.929 - Recorder Service - Info - Destroying graph on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
18:45:35.030 - Recorder Service - Info - Releasing MDAPIFilter on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
18:45:35.035 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Removing and releasing filter 'Inf Tee 2'
18:45:35.035 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Removing and releasing filter 'Inf Tee'
18:45:35.041 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Removing and releasing filter 'MPEG2-Demultiplexer'
18:45:35.041 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Removing and releasing filter 'USB 2.0 BDA DVB Capture'
18:45:35.041 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Removing and releasing filter 'USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner'
18:45:35.041 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Removing and releasing filter 'Generic Network Provider'
18:45:35.041 - Recorder Service - Info - Graph destroyed on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
18:45:35.075 - Recorder Service - Info - Graph stopped on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
18:45:35.075 - Recorder Service - Info - Signal Quality 0.00 % on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1 (0 wrong packets received)
18:45:35.075 - Recorder Service - Info - Acquisition Thread Started on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
18:45:35.075 - Recorder Service - Info - Starting new recording 'G:\SageTV Recordings\Countryfile-1073-1839050-1.ts' on channel 'BBC HD'
18:45:35.075 - Recorder Service - Info - Writing Thread Started for SID 6940
18:45:35.075 - Recorder Service - Info - Tuning to channel BBC HD (SID : 6940) on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
18:45:35.075 - Recorder Service - Info - Builing graph on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
18:45:35.092 - Recorder Service - Info - Enabling MDAPIFilter on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
18:45:35.098 - Recorder Service - Warning - Cannot create MDAPIFilter : Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {72E6DB8F-9F33-4D1C-A37C-DE8148C0BE74} failed due to the following error: 80040154.
18:45:35.098 - Recorder Service - Warning - MDAPIFilter doesn't have extended capabilities, please update the MDAPIFilter
18:45:35.105 - Recorder Service - Error - Graph builing failed on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1: Unable to add mdapifilter0
18:45:35.106 - Recorder Service - Warning - Cannot tune to channel BBC HD on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1 : Graph building failed
18:45:35.106 - Recorder Service - Info - Stopping recording G:\SageTV Recordings\Countryfile-1073-1839050-1.ts on channel 'BBC HD'
18:45:35.106 - Recorder Service - Info - Average bit rate : 0.00 Mbits/s for G:\SageTV Recordings\Countryfile-1073-1839050-1.ts
18:45:35.149 - Recorder Service - Info - Recording duration 00:00:00.0 for G:\SageTV Recordings\Countryfile-1073-1839050-1.ts
18:45:35.149 - Recorder Service - Info - Writing Thread Ended for SID 6940
18:45:35.149 - Recorder Service - Info - Stopping graph on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
18:45:35.149 - Recorder Service - Info - Stability of signal 0.00 % on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1 (0 bytes discarded)
18:45:35.149 - Recorder Service - Info - Graph already stopped on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
18:45:35.149 - Recorder Service - Info - Acquisition Thread Ended on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
18:45:35.149 - Recorder Service - Info - Destroying graph on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
18:45:35.248 - Recorder Service - Info - Releasing MDAPIFilter on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
18:45:35.254 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Removing and releasing filter 'Inf Tee 2'
18:45:35.254 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Removing and releasing filter 'Inf Tee'
18:45:35.260 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Removing and releasing filter 'MPEG2-Demultiplexer'
18:45:35.260 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Removing and releasing filter 'USB 2.0 BDA DVB Capture'
18:45:35.260 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Removing and releasing filter 'USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner'
18:45:35.261 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Removing and releasing filter 'Generic Network Provider'
18:45:35.261 - Recorder Service - Info - Graph destroyed on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
18:45:35.270 - Recorder Service - Info - Graph stopped on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1
18:45:35.271 - Recorder Service - Info - Signal Quality 0.00 % on USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1 (0 wrong packets received)
18:45:35.271 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Looking up a DVB card for recording 'G:\SageTV Recordings\Countryfile-1073-1839050-1.ts'
Pass 1 - card USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1 was free or already recording on the same transponder, recording was not started
Pass 2 - card USB 2.0 BDA DVB-S Tuner #1 has accepted the recording, recording was not started

18:45:35.271 - Recorder Service - Warning - LM DVB S2-1 - Recording 'G:\SageTV Recordings\Countryfile-1073-1839050-1.ts' could not be started.
18:45:35.271 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB S2-1 - START = ERROR
18:45:35.732 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB S2-1 - GET_FILE_SIZE G:\SageTV Recordings\Countryfile-1073-1839050-1.ts = 0
18:45:36.881 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB S2-1 - GET_FILE_SIZE G:\SageTV Recordings\Countryfile-1073-1839050-1.ts = 0
18:45:37.887 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB S2-1 - GET_FILE_SIZE G:\SageTV Recordings\Countryfile-1073-1839050-1.ts = 0
18:45:38.956 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB S2-1 - GET_FILE_SIZE G:\SageTV Recordings\Countryfile-1073-1839050-1.ts = 0
18:45:40.128 - Recorder Service - Verbose - LM DVB S2-1 - STOP
18:45:40.131 - Recorder Service - Verbose - Current recording file is not the one SageTV think is going on
Looks like I am still getting the:-

18:45:34.901 - Recorder Service - Warning - Cannot create MDAPIFilter : Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {72E6DB8F-9F33-4D1C-A37C-DE8148C0BE74} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

Error....

For information everything works correctly if I try without the MDAPI option set but I want to try out a MDplugin.

I am running Windows 7 64bit, is it likely that this is the problem or have I incorrectly registered the mdapifilter.ax file?

Thanks again,

David

Last edited by Bacon2002; 08-15-2010 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Put [code] tags around logs or use attached file
Old 08-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon2002 View Post
regsvr32 mdapifilter.ax

I am running Windows 7 64bit, is it likely that this is the problem or have I incorrectly registered the mdapifilter.ax file?
As you are on 64 bits, doing regsvr32 mdapifilter.ax does register the dll for 64 bits programs (which isn't useful as the mdapifilter.ax is 32 bits anyway)

So unregister mdapifilter.ax (with regsvr32 mdapifilter.ax /u)

and register it for 32 bits programs with:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 mdapifilter.ax

Regards,
Stéphane.