SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Sage Expert

Ok so I got it working but I ran into a problem. I want to choose "sleep" as the option for what Sage should do after launching the external player. However, it doesn't work. Sage will not sleep.

I suspect there is a setting I am missing. I have set it in the options for sleep to put Sage in the try (as opposed to screensaver). I found that one after running into this problem. Or might this be an incompatibility with Gemstone? Any ideas or things I could try?

Thanks!
Old 11-08-2012, 12:42 AM
Sage Expert

Found a work around for anyone that runs into this. The workaround is easy. Set external apps to have Sage "wait". Then just add this:

Code:
"<sage full path>\sagetvclient.exe" -event 19
to the first line of your batch file. This will sleep sage before launching your external player.

Edit: Make sure you have Sage set to sleep instead of launching the screensaver in the screensaver options.

Last edited by silkshadow; 11-08-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkshadow View Post
Found a work around for anyone that runs into this. The workaround is easy. Set external apps to have Sage "wait". Then just add this:

Code:
"<sage full path>\sagetvclient.exe" -event 19
Thanks for your work on this. I obviously need to add a check to see if you are running on a client as well as the other path issue you and Fuzzy have raised.

John
Old 11-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Sage Expert

Not at all, thank you for this great plugin!
Old 07-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Sage Icon

Is there anyway to run a batch file by just using a button command on the remote of an HD Extender without going into a video file option?
I have created a batch file that takes video files in a unwatched import folder and when the Sage status of the video is watched it will archive the video into a permanent archive folder.
The problem is that my wife sometimes falls asleep watching something and expects it to be there when she wakes up and tries to finish it.
I would like to give her the control of when "watched" videos get archived but need to make it simple enough for her.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:24 PM
Sage Icon

I could do something like link the record button to a batch file. Record doesn't do anything in Imported Videos.

Or I could link to one of the Custom listeners, but you can sometimes run into conflicts with other plugins with those.

John
Old 07-09-2014, 11:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac View Post
Is there anyway to run a batch file by just using a button command on the remote of an HD Extender without going into a video file option?
I have created a batch file that takes video files in a unwatched import folder and when the Sage status of the video is watched it will archive the video into a permanent archive folder.
The problem is that my wife sometimes falls asleep watching something and expects it to be there when she wakes up and tries to finish it.
I would like to give her the control of when "watched" videos get archived but need to make it simple enough for her.
I am not sure what you are using as an STV. If using the default have you tried ADM?
Old 07-09-2014, 03:23 PM
Sage Icon

I am using the default STV.
I would not mind using the record button or any of the 4 colored custom buttons on the Hauppauge remote...
How would I do that?

What is ADM?
Old 07-09-2014, 04:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac View Post
I am using the default STV.
I would not mind using the record button or any of the 4 colored custom buttons on the Hauppauge remote...
How would I do that?

What is ADM?
A dynamic menu
Old 07-09-2014, 06:33 PM
Sage Icon

I installed the ADM plugin and I think that is exactly what I need.
I am able to run my archive batch from the dynamic menu but I am having a slight issue.
I have a pretty sizable video library and they are setup as follows:
Show.Title/01/Show.Title.S01E01.Episode.Name.ext
Show.Title/01/Show.Title.S01E02.Episode.Name.ext
Show.Title/01/Show.Title.S01E03.Episode.Name.ext
etc...
Show.Title/02/Show.Title.S02E01.Episode.Name.ext
Show.Title/02/Show.Title.S02E02.Episode.Name.ext
Show.Title/02/Show.Title.S02E03.Episode.Name.ext
etc...
and so on for each season.

I have over 50 currently airing shows and want to completely automate the archive process to save time.

I scan the folders and match the SHOW.TITLE folder name up with the video file then I check the Season from the video file name and check to see if that subfolder exists under that show. If not I create it (mkdir command).
Then I move the watched video into it.
Everything works fine through windows but when I try to create the season directory through ADM it creates a file instead of a folder.
So instead of having T:\SHOW TITLE\02\Show.Title.S02E01.Episode.Name.ext, I get T:\Show Title\02 and 02 is a file instead of a folder...

EDIT: Never mind,
I must have deleted a character in my script that I am using through Sage by accident.
Season folder getting created as expected and ADM working perfectly.
Thank You for your help...

Last edited by dvd_maniac; 07-10-2014 at 05:25 AM.
Old 08-04-2016, 11:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Can not anyhitng to run, fails immediately

I do realize it has been awhile since anyone posted here, but as a recent BTV convert ...

I've some to the realization that Sage 9 and I simply do not get along. I REALLY like her, BUT for some reason, the feelings aren't mutual.

Case in point, I have read this thread over and over, tried a trigger, but no matter what I do, whatever I set to run starts and fails with no output/log/window nothing.

Example:

App Name: Comskip
App Program to Run: "c:\program files\Comskip\Comskip.exe" "%1"
XML File Req: False
Can still be Recording: true (have tried false)
Sage Action: Background
Show Status Messages: True
TMT5 Path ...: False

When run, it will either, tell me "Comskip Failed for "Filename" (sans Quotes).
or Comskip started for "Filename" (without quotes),
when OK is clicked, immediately Comskip failed for "Filename" (sans quotes) pops up.
I have done as Fuzzy (the bloody genius), suggested, run a .bat with an echo statement in it and see what happens. It does nothing.
I have uninstalled/reinstalled, tried a 1/2 dozen other apps or cmd's etc., but always the same result, Soooooooooooooooo I figured I have not set SOMETHING correctly - but as nothing dumps me a log file, I can not figure it out.
Now as I know many of you are very tired of my questions that seemingly can be answered if I would JUST LOOK AND RTFM, I promise - as I'm leaving for a week or two this weekend - I will leave you all alone - at least for a little while.
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2
2 HD-100 Placeshifters - not connected.

Last edited by RBraverman; 08-04-2016 at 12:12 PM.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:47 PM
Sage Icon

If all you are wanting to do is run Comskip, then there's better ways of doing it than with this plugin.

Install/Enable the "Comskip Detector UI" plugin

Set "Setup/Detailed Setup/Customize/Comskip Playback Options/Buttons Options/Show Run Manual Comskip Button" to Yes

With the "Comskip Detector UI" plugin installed the Run Comskip Button queues the comskip job in the normal Comskip Detector queue.

Without the "Comskip Detector UI" plugin you need to edit "C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV7\Externals\comskip.cmd" with the path to the comskip.exe. It doesn't queue the jobs and runs an instance of comskip for each button click.

If you're desperate to use External Apps, you can point the App to Run at "C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV7\Externals\comskip.cmd" too, however it does exactly the same as the Run Comskip Button (without Comskip Detector UI).

Hope that makes sense.

John
Old 08-04-2016, 04:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
If all you are wanting to do is run Comskip, then there's better ways of doing it than with this plugin.

Install/Enable the "Comskip Detector UI" plugin

Set "Setup/Detailed Setup/Customize/Comskip Playback Options/Buttons Options/Show Run Manual Comskip Button" to Yes

With the "Comskip Detector UI" plugin installed the Run Comskip Button queues the comskip job in the normal Comskip Detector queue.
Ok, for that, now that you mention it, I DO remember seeing that, but, well, when you get my age and have what I do, things kinda bounce around inside your head, then leave by various means never to be heard from again - until someone jogs them.

UPDATE: Just set it up - actually, wait for it, I already DID set it up, but when I "Run Comskip"" nothing happens. I do not see any window or anything, nor is there any additional files in relation to the video file. FWIW it's being run from C:\Program Files\Comskip. Look somemore, to see what's going on. It's tough as there are no log files or errors to let me in on what's happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
Without the "Comskip Detector UI" plugin you need to edit "C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV7\Externals\comskip.cmd" with the path to the comskip.exe. It doesn't queue the jobs and runs an instance of comskip for each button click.

If you're desperate to use External Apps, you can point the App to Run at "C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV7\Externals\comskip.cmd" too, however it does exactly the same as the Run Comskip Button (without Comskip Detector UI).

Hope that makes sense.

John
Absolutely, but what puzzles me is, that the way I set up External_Apps should have run - how do I trace why it didn't?

BTW and OT, do you ever listen to Jim Mora on The Panel? I dl the podcast whenever I miss the show (which is most nights, on about 8:00pm local). Intelligent host and interesting guests, and chatter - nothing like what we have here.
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2

Last edited by RBraverman; 08-04-2016 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-04-2016, 04:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBraverman View Post
UPDATE: Just set it up - actually, wait for it, I already DID set it up, but when I "Run Comskip"" nothing happens. I do not see any window or anything, nor is there any additional files in relation to the video file. FWIW it's being run from C:\Program Files\Comskip. Look somemore, to see what's going on. It's tough as there are no log files or errors to let me in on what's happening.
You won't see anything popup or any other confirmation in Sage (you should see the comskip markings start to show up after a short time). You can check your processes in Task Manager to see if the comskip.exe process is running.
Client: Fire TV Stick 4K
Old 08-04-2016, 05:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfi33 View Post
You won't see anything popup or any other confirmation in Sage (you should see the comskip markings start to show up after a short time). You can check your processes in Task Manager to see if the comskip.exe process is running.
Well get this ... it's not in task manager but there edl/txt/vprj files appearing.

NO way of showing a window?

I dunno, I'm thinking the easiest way is to just run comskip - like I said Sage and I have tenuous relationship.
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2
Old 08-04-2016, 05:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBraverman View Post
Well get this ... it's not in task manager but there edl/txt/vprj files appearing.

NO way of showing a window?

I dunno, I'm thinking the easiest way is to just run comskip - like I said Sage and I have tenuous relationship.
If the edl/txt/vprj files are getting created, then the comskip process IS running (or did run) because that's the process that creates those files.

It could be that the comskip process is crashing for some reason shortly after it starts. You should see these events in the Windows Event Viewer if that's the case.

The External Apps plugin is definitely not the right tool for this job. Dirmon2 is another way to automatically kickoff comskip and is fairly easy to set up. But you may want to start a new thread or post in the Comskip Detector thread if you want to continue troubleshooting this so we don't get this thread too far off topic.
Client: Fire TV Stick 4K
Old 08-05-2016, 03:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Also realize, that the comskip process is being run by the service, so it won't show up in task manager run as a user. You have to elevate the task manager by clicking the 'Show Processes by all users' (or something like that) button.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-05-2016, 07:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Also realize, that the comskip process is being run by the service, so it won't show up in task manager run as a user. You have to elevate the task manager by clicking the 'Show Processes by all users' (or something like that) button.
I did, it's nowhere, apps/service/process.

Alfi33 is right, need to look at the event viewer. IIt was running on about 5 files - queued and the whole time I couldn't find comskip anywhere - bizarre - even process hacker and process explorer couldn't find it.

Now if I were SMART, I wouldn't try to fix something that seems to work.
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2
Old 08-05-2016, 07:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
If the edl/txt/vprj files are getting created, then the comskip process IS running (or did run) because that's the process that creates those files.

It could be that the comskip process is crashing for some reason shortly after it starts. You should see these events in the Windows Event Viewer if that's the case.
On my list.

Quote:
The External Apps plugin is definitely not the right tool for this job. Dirmon2 is another way to automatically kickoff comskip and is fairly easy to set up. But you may want to start a new thread or post in the Comskip Detector thread if you want to continue troubleshooting this so we don't get this thread too far off topic.
I wasn't going to make that a permanent command, I was using it as an example, but I'd still like to know why NOTHING runs in External Apps, as I DO have things I'd like to do with it.

I'm still trying to troubleshoot why this will not run anything - not even a command prompt.
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2

Last edited by RBraverman; 08-13-2016 at 11:07 AM. Reason: BUMP
Old 10-31-2016, 09:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

What am I missing? Won't Run

Can we ignore my previous, above posts?

I've read through this thread several times and I MUST be missing something. As my Win7 HTPC goes to sleep in the middle of conversions, I wrote an external cmd to to use handbrake, (I haven't set it up to hold off on multiple requests, but in time; well here it is:

SETLOCAL ENABLEEXTENSIONS
powercfg -change -standby-timeout-ac 0
powercfg -change -hibernate-timeout-ac 0
powercfg -change -monitor-timeout-ac 0

"c:\program files\Handbrake\HandBrakeCLI" -i %1 -o %1.mp4 -E Copy -e x264 -q 23 -o %~n1.mp4

copy "%~dpnx1.properties" "%~dpn1.mp4.properties"

powercfg -change -standby-timeout-ac 10
powercfg -change -hibernate-timeout-ac 0
powercfg -change -monitor-timeout-ac 0

I trigger that with:

@call "c:\program files\Sagetv\My Sage Stuff\runmakemkv" > %1 with or with out the "> %1" (I saw that in one of the posts - doesn't make sense but ... I'll try anything.

Reading more, I changed the trigger to: Start "c:\program files\Sagetv\My Sage Stuff\runmakemkv.cmd" %1

With or with out the trigger file it fails and if I look at a file created in the My Sage Stuff directory with the same name, I do not see the file name - as if it hasn't been passed.

What am I missing? Missed? Didn't see? Read? etc.,?
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2

Last edited by RBraverman; 10-31-2016 at 12:01 PM.