SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 07-03-2010, 12:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk21770 View Post
I have them set to ff/rw-short-jump and ff/rw-long-jump. I really didn't like the smooth ff/rw when I tried it a long time back. I find the jumps are much more controllable.
I'm not sure if you understand or are still confused. The short and long skip you refer to is FF/RW and FF2/RW2. So you're already using one of the commands that will allow you to navigate through the plug-in manager as mentioned previously. There is no need to map the smooth FF/RW function if you're not using it.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastafidli View Post
If the categories can be somehow moved to the left side, then I could use left/right to move between categories and list and up/down to move within categories and list.
that would make a lot more sense to me and would fit in better with the rest of the ui.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte1 View Post
that would make a lot more sense to me and would fit in better with the rest of the ui.
Oh, please NO! No more annoying navigation buttons along the left side (worst SageTV ui change EVER!!)
Old 07-07-2010, 07:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Since we started on the subject of naming conventions for the categories, it wouldn't hurt to have a *New* (listed by date added newest first) or *Updates* tabs. If not a tab then possible a sub menu of updates for installed plugins.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:14 AM
SageTVaholic

You can sort by date, or filter to just updated plugins... hit the options menu in the plugin manager, and choose what you want there.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-10-2010, 10:15 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
That's probably true of the entire plugin manager, and maybe even the Detailed Setup screen as well.
Actually many plugins, especially the ones which simply improve the usability of GUI are super easy to use and install. My 2 favorites in this category are Hide Exit and Hide Footer. This is an example of well done plugins. They are will named, they do one and only one thing. If Sage can make finding them easier, user would be more likely to use them.

TV: Samsung UN46D8000
Server: Intel Core i3 540, 4G RAM, Matrox G450, 70GB EXT3 encrypted software RAID1 system drive, 1TB XFS tv recording drive, 2TB EXT3 encrypted data drive mirror across 2 machines, 2TB EXT3 encrypted media drive mirror across 2 machines, CentOS 6 64 bit, Experimenting with DNLA servers
1Gb wired network
Disconnected after G day[HD 100 Media Extender, Placeshifter 7.x, SageTV 7.x, HDHomeRun]
Old 07-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_l View Post
Oh, please NO! No more annoying navigation buttons along the left side (worst SageTV ui change EVER!!)
I agree that the buttons on the left side were pretty bad. It was mainly because they were mis of functionality, triggers and navigations. If you could make it just one, that is use the left side for navigation (so you can get to it with simple left arrow) then I think I would love it.

Server: Intel Core i3 540, 4G RAM, Matrox G450, 70GB EXT3 encrypted software RAID1 system drive, 1TB XFS tv recording drive, 2TB EXT3 encrypted data drive mirror across 2 machines, 2TB EXT3 encrypted media drive mirror across 2 machines, CentOS 6 64 bit, Experimenting with DNLA servers
1Gb wired network
Disconnected after G day[HD 100 Media Extender, Placeshifter 7.x, SageTV 7.x, HDHomeRun]
Old 07-11-2010, 12:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastafidli View Post
Actually many plugins, especially the ones which simply improve the usability of GUI are super easy to use and install.
Yes they are. Nevertheless, I can guarantee that my wife will never install a plugin (no matter how easy) unless I specifically tell her to do so and walk her through the process. I'm guessing that's probably true for most people on this forum: there's one person in the household who set up the Sage system and does all the configuration, and the other family members know how to add a Favorite but otherwise just aren't interested in tweaking or customizing (or are afraid of what Dad will do if they try). The point being that the plugin manager UI should be targeted to the household sysadmin, and not to the other familiy members who'll never see it.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:01 AM
Sage Expert

Sorry for reviving this old thread, I am going through my reported bugs from beta series checking on their status. You have a point, but also what you are saying is that it is OK if Sage is not catering to your wife or other family members by not trying to be more user friendly and easier to use. I am the household sysadmin and even though I on daily basis deal with extremely comples computing systems in my daily jobs, the last thing I want to do is at night to figure out when I sit down to tweak Sage in which category of the plugins do I find the plugin which enhances my Music listening experience.

1Gb wired network