SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 06-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Videos- Combined Folder View

Hey Community, I was wondering if someone could confirm if what I'm seeing is a bug or how it's designed to work. I'm trying to make the folder view with it's ability to combine like folder names together work the same as the SageMC Groups view. So anyhow, here is how Sage 7 seems to handle this functionality. It seems like a bug to me and I submitted it but I think Sage lets their beta support team go home for the weekend. Nice guy that Narflex!

I have 2 imported folders both called Video.

I:\Video

has a subfolder called DVD

and

P:\Video

has a subfolder called DVD as well.

Now when using the combined view, DVD shows up once and the videos from both directories show up in the single directory. That's what I hoped for and it seems to work now.

However, P:\Video also has other unique folders with no duplication found in I:\Video. Those folders don't show up at all. Instead Sage displays all the videos within those folders in one long list, sorted in an odd fashion.

Now, I don't know if this is the intended way for this to work. However, I though that selecting a folder view with the combined folders option, Sage would combine folders with the same name BUT display unique folders as well, with their respective videos inside them.

You see, with the way it works now, only folders that are combined are organized in folders while the contents of the others get dumped out in a disorganized fashion. It's weird but I see the contents sorted A to Z, then A to Z again for another subfolder but it's just one long list not nested within the subfolder where the videos are located. Does this make sense?
Old 06-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Sage User

I have the same weird sorting in the beta as well (default UI now, was previously using SageMC and SMW).
I have a mix of "Titles" and "DVD/BD". I don't want to use the folder view (since it won't show the metadata on the right pane), but it is the only way for me to see all of my movies. It seems to sort the folders first (A-Z) and then it appends the videos (sorted A-Z).

Very odd and hoping to get something figured out before the wife sees...

[edit]
So a wrote a quick script to move my avi's and mkv's to the root "Video" folder, leaving the DVDs in their individual folders. My sorting now appears to be working correctly. I will save off my script and move the files back to folders once the My Movies Plugin is out (if needed)

Last edited by JustinWI; 06-05-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
I though that selecting a folder view with the combined folders option, Sage would combine folders with the same name BUT display unique folders as well, with their respective videos inside them.
It does.

Did you previously use one of the customizations to set metadata for the imported files? If so, it sounds like the known issue where the customization wrote over the path offset info when it wrote the video's title data. If this is the case, and you aren't yet using v7.0.10, try that version.

BTW: please post the beta version in use. If it isn't the most recent beta version available, always try updating first.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
It does.

Did you previously use one of the customizations to set metadata for the imported files? If so, it sounds like the known issue where the customization wrote over the path offset info when it wrote the video's title data. If this is the case, and you aren't yet using v7.0.10, try that version.

BTW: please post the beta version in use. If it isn't the most recent beta version available, always try updating first.

- Andy
Andy,

I am using the latest beta 7.0.10 and the issue was present in the previous beta as well. I have been using Phoenix for fanart. I don't know if I've used something that overwrote the metadata. Should I try to rescan and reimport all the imported videos? Would that help?

Edit:Actually a rescan does appear to be working, I have new directories showing up. OT, BR ISO's are playing very choppy. Guess I'll look for a thread about that. Thanks all.

Last edited by skyeclad; 06-06-2010 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Seemed to solve problem