SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:13 AM
Sage User

Invalid Directory when Browsing Network

I just wanted to check and see if anyone is having the same experience as me. From my SageTV machine, I have access to a NAS server which has some previously recorded videos. I used to be able to access these files with Sage v6 through the "Play a Media File" option. It worked without a problem.

Now with the new v7 Beta install, I believe the same functionality can be found under Search -> Browse File Systems -> Local Network. In this menu I can see the network name, and when I select it I can see my 3 computers that are on the local network. It even can go into the NAS server and see the folders that are available. But as soon as I select a folder I get an Invalid Directory message.

I can open up the windows explorer, navigate to the same directory, and play one of the files back in windows media player without a problem. Can someone confirm that they are having the same issue, or perhaps give some advice what the problem might be?

thanks
Josh
Old 05-30-2010, 08:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

yes I have that problem. I am using a readynas NV+ with workgroup security enabled. my sage server is running as a service as a user with the proper rights to access these files. what is further strange is I have specified some of these directories in my imports and they work fine that way...
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300
Old 05-30-2010, 10:18 AM
Sage User

Okay, your info certainly pointed me in the right direction...

I have a homemade NAS running ubuntu server. The HTPC user has its own account, but up until just now it was easier to have the HTPC windows account without a password for automatic logins, and just give it the necessary read only permissions to the video archive.

Of course, when you have a user account without a password, you can't run a service under that account. I have just been running it as LocalSystem. This was obviously the problem with not being able to access the folder through browse file system, or by adding a mapped drive to the video import directories.

I added a password for the account and changed the service to run under that account. Now I can add the mapped network drive to the imported video paths, and it successfully shows up. I can even see the files under Browse File System -> Browse Imported Library Paths when I select the NAS folder.

However, as you mentioned, it still does not appear to work when I select Browse Local Network.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Sage User

I'm running beta 7.0.11 on my Dell Windows 7 64-bit machine. My videos are stored on a headless WHS server. I've never had a problem with Sage finding videos on the server until now.

We had a lightning storm and power surge which resuted in having to do a server recovery. All files remain intact and the import library folders I had set up in Sage still show up. I can also play videos through Sage from the server with no problem.

However, last week I added a new movie to the server. My directory structure is \\mediaserver\DVD movies\Movietitle. When I added the new movie in a new subfolder, Sage does not see it and it does not show up in any folder search through Sage. I now also cannot add a new import folder to the library because when I drill down to \\\mediaserver\ I get the dreaded "invalid directory" error. I can add the folder by specifying the directory, but Sage still does not find the video in the new folder.

Again, I can play any videos that already existed before the server recovery. I even deleted (after backing up) my existing version of Sage and did a clean install with the same result. The service is running under my administrator user name with full access rights.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Sage Beta 7;HD-300;Windows 7 64-bit;HP EX495 server with 7tb;Ceton 4-tuner cable card.