SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:09 AM
Sage User

Where is the IBDB Search

Excuse me if this wasn't in the base Sage 6.x before.. I never used it much.

I really liked the IMDB lookup functions in SageMC that allowed me to browse the IMDB DB etc.

Are they here in 7? Buried some place?

The autoFanArt is soo cool ... I want more !

Sorry .. but comparisons to SageMC are inevitable here ... its your gui/usability competition for the current Sage crowd of users.
(Yeah, and so is Win7MCE probably . but for a whole different group of users )

Last edited by zoltran; 05-21-2010 at 01:12 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:24 AM
Sage Icon

+1

IMDB search is one of my family's most-used plug-ins (zoltran, it's not just SageMC, it was also available in default STV).

Will this be available in v7?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:54 AM
SageTVaholic

I also use the plug-in a lot. Last night I was watching a show and wanted more info on the actor and was pressing buttons on the remote before I remember I didn't have the plug-in yet.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Sage Icon

+1
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 05-22-2010, 11:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm also wondering where this function went.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:22 AM
Sage User

Question IMDB STVi

I believe the one you're looking for is the STVi built by nielm - at least that is the one I'm using, but whether it will be working on V7 I'm not sure...

Original IMDB STVi download page:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...?do=file&id=30
Old 05-23-2010, 07:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
I believe the one you're looking for is the STVi built by nielm - at least that is the one I'm using, but whether it will be working on V7 I'm not sure...
I'm using it on v7 and it seems to be working, but it does need to be updated. The only thing I've noticed so far is the screens used by IMDB are still the old blue ones. One thing to note is the only way I search shows is by clicking on IMDB search from the pop-up window. If there was another way to search in v6 I can't vouch that it works in v7. Since it's not ported to v7 you can't install it via the plug-in manager. You have to do the old v6 way.

For most plug-ins I'm waiting on them to be updated, but this is one I just can't do without.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade View Post
One thing to note is the only way I search shows is by clicking on IMDB search from the pop-up window. If there was another way to search in v6 I can't vouch that it works in v7.
In v6, it was also a menu item in Online Services ("search IMDB"). I'm guessing that's gone (don't have v7 yet). That allowed you to put in a search term from scratch, if you weren't jumping in straight from the options menu within a show/movie/video. It was handy in some cases, but you could always play "6 degrees of Kevin Bacon" and try to find the thing you were looking for by jumping in from whatever show you were on. Sometimes the wife and I actually enjoy the challenge of doing it that way.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
In v6, it was also a menu item in Online Services ("search IMDB"). I'm guessing that's gone (don't have v7 yet). That allowed you to put in a search term from scratch, if you weren't jumping in straight from the options menu within a show/movie/video. It was handy in some cases, but you could always play "6 degrees of Kevin Bacon" and try to find the thing you were looking for by jumping in from whatever show you were on. Sometimes the wife and I actually enjoy the challenge of doing it that way.
I just checked and it's still there; however, it doesn't work on my HD200. The search window opens over the new UI not in a separate screen like it does when going straight from the options menu. I couldn't navigate the window to search for a show. Just doesn't work.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

+1

I used the IMDB plug-in to get ALL my movie cover art and descriptions.

So with version7, does this mean the IMDB plug-in will embed the meta-data and cover art in the file? Or at least place a "folder.jpeg" in the folder containing the movie?
Old 05-25-2010, 09:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, I just saw a post saying metadata can only be imbedded into mpeg2 files.

I store all my movies in VIDEO-TS (dvds) and MKV (bd).. I would love to see some sort of way to save the metadata other than in the wiz.bin for other types of movie formats.