SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlj9999 View Post
Hello,

I'm also trying to update the plugin on my SageTV v7 setup but I'm getting the same error message with a Resource Download (file not found) in DROPBOX.

I'm just asking on the status (or workaround) for this.

Thank you.
V9 is the work around
Old 03-29-2017, 06:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Hello,

I'm also trying to update the plugin on my SageTV v7 setup but I'm getting the same error message with a Resource Download (file not found) in DROPBOX.

I'm just asking on the status (or workaround) for this.

Thank you.
Stuckless has a point. There is really no downside to upgrading to v9. That said, I am trying to get this to work with v7. For some reason the plugin submission server thinks the MD5 sum is wrong even though I think it's right.

Can you try using the SageTVPluginsDev.xml file attached to this post? (remove the .txt extension)

Let me know if that installs correctly for you. (Let me know if you don't know how to use that file.)
Attached Files
File Type: txt SageTVPluginsDev.xml.txt (8.1 KB, 110 views)
Old 04-01-2017, 07:11 AM
Sage User

skiingwiz,

The attachment you sent is working, thank you for your help.

And, yeah, I really should take a weekend and upgrade this to V9.
RAM: CORSAIR XMS3 16GB 240-Pin (2x8gb)
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
Ceton: Infinitv 4 & 6 / Hauppauge: Colossus 2
Raid Controller: StarTech PCI Express 4xSata
Raid 0: 4 WD Black 4TB each
Old 04-03-2017, 08:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
The attachment you sent is working, thank you for your help.
Thanks for confirming. I'll try the plugin submission again in a few days. Maybe it's a temporary hiccup.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Is there a way to change the background for the web interface? I liked the pre-Jetty look that I was using with Sage6 (essentially, white text on blue background). The new look: white text on dark grey background, is hard to read.
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

And now I'm getting lots of JAVA errors when I try to view the list of "auto-delete" recordings (something I do daily for ma intenance). Windows is telling me to update to Java 8, but that doing so will overwrite existing Java files. I don't want to do something I can't recover from, given all the problems I've had since installing Sage9 (about to revert back to 7.19 and see if re-updating from there will help). Here are the errors I'm getting:

Exception while processing servlet:
java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.sf.sageplugins.sageutils.Translate.encode(Translate.java:1196)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.AiringList.PrintPagedGroupedAiringList(AiringList.java:277)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SearchServlet.doServletGet(SearchServlet.java:195)
at net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.SageServlet.doGet(SageServlet.java:102)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:389)
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:417)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:864)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:539)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:45 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCRUser View Post
Is there a way to change the background for the web interface? I liked the pre-Jetty look that I was using with Sage6 (essentially, white text on blue background). The new look: white text on dark grey background, is hard to read.
I know that I did something like this a long time ago for a dropdown or some other field. I think I did a "view source" when on the web page in my browser and found the CSS definitions assigned to the object that I was having trouble reading. Then on the server I found the CSS file that defined that setting and changed it. If I recall it was very similar to your issue and I changed the text to black.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCRUser View Post
And now I'm getting lots of JAVA errors when I try to view the list of "auto-delete" recordings (something I do daily for ma intenance).
Can you please provide the URL that you're viewing when this happens so I am sure I'm looking at the same page that you are?

Assuming that I've got the right page (I think I do), that would mean you somehow got an airing in your wiz.bin with a null title. That's odd and maybe it was a bad upgrade. (Though to be fair, I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue.) Do you have the wiz.bin from before the upgrade to Sage9? There should be an auto-backup of it in your installation folder. You might try reverting to that and letting sage re-convert it to Sage9. (just a thought)
Old 06-03-2017, 09:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sage9 WebUI - Beta version

Attached to this post is a SageTVPluginsDev.xml (zipped). It's a new version of WebUI. The minimum versions for Java (7) and Sage (9) have been updated. The only new feature is support for disabled favorites.

Really I want to ensure it's built correctly and not causing issues for anyone. This plugin is notoriously tricky to build correctly. I believe I have it down now, and I have made it less tricky for future developers. I'd like to get back into developing this plugin and this is the first step.

It's been running on my system for a week or so with no problems. I'd appreciate feedback from anyone who is willing to try it out.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTVPluginsDev.zip (2.3 KB, 107 views)
Old 06-19-2017, 07:32 PM
SageTVaholic

When I try to power off my extenders by clicking the [Power Off] option beside the extender name I always get an error that says:
"Failed to send command to MVP: java.lang.Exception: Failed to find RC status in output!"

The command actually does work but for some reason I get this error.

FYI - the URL that the power off is lined to looks like the following:
Code:
http://servername:8080/sage/ExtenderCommand?context=001d6a5dcc47&command=poweroff&returnto=Home
Does everyone get this? Anyone know why I get that error?

The error message is somewhat incorrect as these extenders are HD200s or 300s, not MVPs.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
When I try to power off my extenders by clicking the [Power Off] option beside the extender name I always get an error that says:
"Failed to send command to MVP: java.lang.Exception: Failed to find RC status in output!"

The command actually does work but for some reason I get this error.

FYI - the URL that the power off is lined to looks like the following:
Code:
http://servername:8080/sage/ExtenderCommand?context=001d6a5dcc47&command=poweroff&returnto=Home
Does everyone get this? Anyone know why I get that error?

The error message is somewhat incorrect as these extenders are HD200s or 300s, not MVPs.
The Power Off does work for me. Based on that error message, it sounds like the web server is able to make the telnet connection to the extender, but there is a failure when it tries to execute that command. I honestly have no idea what would cause that. Is there anything on your network (router, firewall) that would prevent telnet from working?
Old 06-20-2017, 06:35 AM
SageTVaholic

No, there shouldn't be any firewall since this is all internal to my LAN. And the command is actually working as the extender does shut off. But it seems to throw an error for some reason.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
No, there shouldn't be any firewall since this is all internal to my LAN. And the command is actually working as the extender does shut off. But it seems to throw an error for some reason.
Ok. Something weird is going on getting the result of the shutdown then. That's in a library called by the webserver. From the code or doesn't look like much could go wrong so I'm not sure what's happening.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingwiz View Post
Ok. Something weird is going on getting the result of the shutdown then. That's in a library called by the webserver. From the code or doesn't look like much could go wrong so I'm not sure what's happening.
Interestingly enough I just tried this web UI command from a server running on Windows and it worked fine. So it is possible that it is just a problem with Sage running on unRAID/Linux.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Interestingly enough I just tried this web UI command from a server running on Windows and it worked fine. So it is possible that it is just a problem with Sage running on unRAID/Linux.
It might be the Java version. I have the same problem with my SageTV Java 8 Docker on unRAID.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:46 PM
SageTVaholic

You are probably right - I can test by upgrading the Java on my Win server. I wonder why Java 8 would throw an error on this?
Old 06-27-2017, 12:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
You are probably right - I can test by upgrading the Java on my Win server. I wonder why Java 8 would throw an error on this?
I have this error on Win10. Never bothered to look further into it since the command still works
Old 06-27-2017, 04:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks, I assume that you are using Java 8 with Win10?

Here is some code that I found that is from Slugger so maybe we can troubleshoot it and fix it.

https://sourceforge.net/p/sagetv-add...rClient.groovy
Old 07-14-2017, 08:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Attached is a SageTVPluginsDev.xml (zipped) with a preview of the next build of this plugin for anyone who wants to try it out. It adds the following changes/features

Version 3.2
1. New minimum versions for Java (7) and SageTV (9)
2. Support for disabled favorites
3. Genre search includes sub-genres
4. Support AND/OR genre searches
5. Support for searching by rating
6. Support for searching by parental rating

I'll wait a while to see if there is any feedback. If there is no negative feedback after a bit, this will be going into the Sage 9 plugin repository.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTVPluginsDev.zip (2.4 KB, 101 views)
Old 09-04-2017, 09:48 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingwiz View Post
Attached is a SageTVPluginsDev.xml (zipped) with a preview of the next build of this plugin for anyone who wants to try it out. It adds the following changes/features

Version 3.2
1. New minimum versions for Java (7) and SageTV (9)
2. Support for disabled favorites
3. Genre search includes sub-genres
4. Support AND/OR genre searches
5. Support for searching by rating
6. Support for searching by parental rating

I'll wait a while to see if there is any feedback. If there is no negative feedback after a bit, this will be going into the Sage 9 plugin repository.
It looks like the Remove Favorite option was removed from the favorite details screen (and Recorded Airings shows up twice).

Post: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=610015