SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 04-14-2013, 02:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quick question. I've noticed that under Internet Explorer 10 on my Samsung Win 8 tablet, the pop-down menus with the Web UI pop down and then just as quickly pop right back up; and I can't select anything. If I resort to using a stylus it works fine of course, but I'd rather not have to do that all the time.

I've tried compatibility view mode and that hasn't helped. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit:
Have since read a thread at WPCentral about this. I didn't realize WebKit browsers basically fake a mouse hover event for touch devices. The Microsoft stance is apparently to stick to existing standards (treat everything as a tap) and expects the web designers to do the work to support touch. I can see arguments on both sides.

Last edited by phelme; 04-14-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:24 AM
Sage Fanatic

There's a question I've been thinking about asking since I first installed the Web Interface back in the last decade!

I love it and would find it very hard to live without, but the one feature that makes me pull my hair out is the recordings page.

If you want to see if a shows been recorded you have to flick through page after page of shows, sometimes they're bunched together, sometimes theres a group bunched together on one page and sometimes a bunch on another. I haven't worked out how it decides what goes where. I know there's the options you can use at the bottom but they don't seem to help a great deal.

Is there a simple way to make this look like the malore menu's? I was wondering if it's just me (quite probably is and theres a button I've never seen or clicked) and if its not me has anyone else ever wondered about this?
Old 04-18-2013, 06:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Is there a simple way to make this look like the malore menu's? I was wondering if it's just me (quite probably is and theres a button I've never seen or clicked) and if its not me has anyone else ever wondered about this?
The short answer is no. Basically, most of the core pages of the webui are legacy code inherited from the original author (nielm). I volunteered to maintain the codebase when he stopped. The codebase is so large that my sole job is to make sure I don't blow it up and so changes are few and far between. Pages like the recordings page are just big enough (and important enough) that I fear doing more damage than good if I were to try and change them significantly.

With that said, I'm always tweaking here and there with things privately. If my tweaking ever gets to a stage that I think the change is useful to all and I'm fairly confident that it won't break anything then I'm likely to release it as an update. I agree with your comments, but I haven't done much about it in my private branches of the code. Maybe someday, but not in my plans. To address it, you have to dig right into nielm's java code to address it. As I say, I always welcome patches and will gladly build and release updates for people who provide patches.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 04-18-2013, 06:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelme View Post
Edit:
Have since read a thread at WPCentral about this. I didn't realize WebKit browsers basically fake a mouse hover event for touch devices. The Microsoft stance is apparently to stick to existing standards (treat everything as a tap) and expects the web designers to do the work to support touch. I can see arguments on both sides.
The best you can hope for, as far as the webui is concerned, is that MS reconsiders and acts like the rest of the browsers. I won't be changing the menu, but I would upgrade the code if there were a fix for the issue. Keep an eye on this web site. If you see an update to the ddsmoothmenu.js code that fixes your issue let me know and I can probably update the version I'm using in the web ui. I'm using v1.51 currently.

EDIT: Took a quick read while I grabbed that link and v2.0 of the menu is available. It actually appears to address this issue. However, I don't have a device to test it with. So if you do the testing and confirm it works, I'll do the update. Copy the new version of the js file over the existing one in SageTV/jetty/webapps/nielm_sagewebserver/webapp/ (the overwrite is only temporary until your next Sage restart). Be sure to clear your browser cache; be sure it's actually loading the new version of the file. Test on your tablet then test on desktop versions of IE, Chrome, Firefox (at least two of three, preferably all 3). If they all work, let me know and I'll upgrade it in the next release. Should probably open a ticket to remind me (and to track your testing progress).
Old 04-18-2013, 06:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
There's a question I've been thinking about asking since I first installed the Web Interface back in the last decade!

I love it and would find it very hard to live without, but the one feature that makes me pull my hair out is the recordings page.

If you want to see if a shows been recorded you have to flick through page after page of shows, sometimes they're bunched together, sometimes theres a group bunched together on one page and sometimes a bunch on another. I haven't worked out how it decides what goes where. I know there's the options you can use at the bottom but they don't seem to help a great deal.

I'm not 100% of your use case... (and I realize that you were asking in relation to the web ui), but in BMT web ui, you an browse the "Recent Recordings" view, or "TV Shows" view, which will group by show, so it might make it easier to find. Also, you can create your own views (via manual xml edits), to perhaps create a view that meets your needs.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Is the full source available for download anywhere or can the WAR file be imported into Eclipse easily? I would like to try my hand at trying to modify some things. I personally am mostly concerned with some of the CSS. One of my personal annoyances with the SageTV web interface is that when hovering over a recording the internal space loses the rounded corners when the color changes to black. I've tried tinkering around with the CSS a little bit but hadn't been successful at keeping the rounded corners.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
Is the full source available for download anywhere or can the WAR file be imported into Eclipse easily?
Enjoy.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The trick to not have multiple groups on different pages is to set the Results per Page option to All.

These settings work well for me:

Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-04-18 at 10.01.12 PM.png (43.5 KB, 435 views)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 04-18-2013, 08:07 PM
SageTVaholic

My preferred sorting method is Reverse Date and that is what I use in the Sage UI but the Web UI seems to always revert back to Intelligent sorting (which I HATE), even though it is set to "Same as SageTV"

Do others see this as well?
Old 04-18-2013, 08:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
My preferred sorting method is Reverse Date and that is what I use in the Sage UI but the Web UI seems to always revert back to Intelligent sorting (which I HATE), even though it is set to "Same as SageTV"

Do others see this as well?
Yes, "Same as SageTV" never seems to work well... hence why i always set it up manually...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 04-18-2013, 08:09 PM
SageTVaholic

And do you have to set it up manually every time you go into the WebUI or is there a way of making it stick?
Old 04-19-2013, 06:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
And do you have to set it up manually every time you go into the WebUI or is there a way of making it stick?
it seems to remember the settings without doing anything special...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 04-20-2013, 06:37 PM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks for the responses. I thought changing the screen would be a lot of work. I was sure in the past it wouldn't remember the options, but having tested tonight it seems to be doing so now, which makes it a lot better
Old 04-30-2013, 06:06 AM
SageTVaholic

I just started having a problem where the "ratedcell" column in an "epgcell" element is shows as having an invalid image. Attached is a screenshot showing the generated HTML for the element.
Attached Images
File Type: png SageTV_Web_Problem.png (156.9 KB, 213 views)
Old 04-30-2013, 08:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I just started having a problem where the "ratedcell" column in an "epgcell" element is shows as having an invalid image. Attached is a screenshot showing the generated HTML for the element.
And which source are you using for EPG data? Sage EPG server? Plugin?
Old 04-30-2013, 08:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
And which source are you using for EPG data? Sage EPG server? Plugin?
Sage EPG server.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sage EPG server.
Ah... I bet I know. You also have BMT/phoenix-core installed? If so, I'm pretty sure you've been hit by this issue. Seems it's also auto filling in ratings for tv shows now, too. And the ratings it's filling in don't quite match the names of the images the web ui has.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Ah... I bet I know. You also have BMT/phoenix-core installed? If so, I'm pretty sure you've been hit by this issue. Seems it's also auto filling in ratings for tv shows now, too. And the ratings it's filling in don't quite match the names of the images the web ui has.
Yes, I have bmt installed. That must be it.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:44 PM
Sage Icon

Sage Restart after plugin update

Something I noticed the other day after installing a plugin update via the WebUI. There doesn't seem to be a way to restart SageTV if the plugin update requires a restart. Am I missing something?

I use the WebUI a lot when I'm out of town and it would be nice to have a way to restart SageTv. I have two machines running SageTv and only one of them can be accessed remotely. So on one of them I can't just pull up an RDP session and restart SageTv from there.

It sure would be nice to be able to do it from the WebUI. Hopefully I'm just missing something obvious.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Slugger has already taken care of this - see post 235 of this thread:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=235

You just have to hit a web URL and it restarts Sage. It should even work from your phone.