SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

View Poll Results: I would be interested in a.....
Placeshifter v7 for OSX 67 37.22%
Client v7 for OSX 56 31.11%
Placeshifter v7 for Iphone/Ipod 83 46.11%
Placeshifter v7 for Ipad 78 43.33%
None of the Above 39 21.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2011, 08:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCE-Refugee View Post
Netflix is US only unavailable to me.
Ahh didn't see you were outside US. That is supposedly changing soon as Netflix looks to extend to other countries.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:11 AM
Sage Expert

...maybe someday, someway v7 for Macintosh??

(i tried EyeTV, but there is no way to watch live or still-recording tv with it in my setup. I have only extenders and an AppleTV, and no client HTPC hooked up to a tv....)
2x HDHR, all OTA
QNAP TS-809:
12.5 TB for Recordings/Imports/TimeMachine/Music
HD200 via 802.11n in Living Room
802.11n client in bedroom
Old 02-15-2011, 12:21 AM
Sage User

I'm using EyeTV happily. I miss the client-server relationship of Sage, but not enough yet to start putting in Windows boxes...

With EyeTV, it does stream pretty well to iOS devices (including live TV). I did add the turbo 264.HD USB stick to the mix, for better streaming performance. It's anticipated that the next iOS release will give AirPlay support to 3rd party apps. Currently, only the audio stream of the EyeTV app will feed through AirPlay, due to restrictions on AirPlay.

Assuming that day comes, however, it will satisfy my client needs. I have 2nd gen AppleTV's hooked to the TVs we watch, and with an AirPlay capable EyeTV app, it means I can throw the feed over to an AppleTV for viewing on the large screen. I'll effectively be carrying my content around with me in my pocket.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:49 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregT View Post
I have 2nd gen AppleTV's hooked to the TVs we watch, and with an AirPlay capable EyeTV app, it means I can throw the feed over to an AppleTV for viewing on the large screen. I'll effectively be carrying my content around with me in my pocket.
Sorry dude, just need to understand this as I am (almost) getting very excited!

Are you saying that you can watch LIVE streamed content from EyeTV on your appleTV2?

If that is the case, could you give me a little more detail on what software is required to do so?

Thanks!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:04 AM
Sage User

Today, I can only throw the audio stream from EyeTV to AppleTV. Apple has not yet opened up AirPlay to 3rd party developers, so the video feed doesn't go. It is said that the next iOS release will include AirPlay access to 3rd party developers. That has to happen, and Elgato has to add the capability to their EyeTV app. When and if that day comes, my live feed from EyeTV, streamed to the EyeTV app on my iOS device, can then be thrown wirelessly to AppleTV.

Today, the functionality only works with Apple-built apps. The concept is that any content playing on your iOS device, can be sent wirelessly to your AppleTV.

It's pretty sweet as it is, with Apple apps.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:46 AM
Sage Expert

Having looked into it, I have now managed to get live tv of sorts to my appletv2.

Usng a jailbroken iPhone/pad with 'AirVideoEnabler' installed, I can pass content (audio &video) through to the appletv.

I have only tried this with TVcatchup (web based live tv UK) and it works okay. Video quality is pants as you would expect.

I would expect that this would work with eyetv too, but I don't currently own it to try.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:34 AM
Sage Expert

Just had a quick go at getting the web server to play through to the appletv2. No go. It doesn't recognise the content. Looks like I would have to jailbreak the appletv2 also to get it to recognise more types of media files (if that is even possible).
Old 02-18-2011, 11:32 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger View Post
Just had a quick go at getting the web server to play through to the appletv2. No go. It doesn't recognise the content. Looks like I would have to jailbreak the appletv2 also to get it to recognise more types of media files (if that is even possible).

...live tv is the kicker for me - i cannot switch from sage w/o it.

i have to say it is merely the lack of being able to tinker with sage over the past few months that is making me contemplate switching - things are just working too well. i havent had a missed recording or a freeze or anything in longer than i can remember, and where is the fun in that??

on the flipside, due to a tragic accident, i'll be having my in laws moving in with me, and we'll probably be getting tv from Comcast, so ill be looking at setting up HDPVRs and (probably) three locations of HD300s...
2x HDHR, all OTA
QNAP TS-809:
12.5 TB for Recordings/Imports/TimeMachine/Music
HD200 via 802.11n in Living Room
802.11n client in bedroom
Old 02-23-2011, 02:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well the new 7.1 beta is out.... still no word of an updated client....

It is not looking good....
Old 02-23-2011, 03:18 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim View Post
Well the new 7.1 beta is out.... still no word of an updated client....

It is not looking good....
To have no official word on whether the mac version has been dropped seems incredibly selfish of SageTV to me.

What it means is that people are hanging on in there and potentially wasting time & money trying to get to a solution when we could be investing that time & money elsewhere, be it SageTV (PC), or other software (mac).

Come on Sage, give us a damn answer - will we see SageTV moving forward on a mac platform of any kind?

[/Rant Over]
Old 02-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Sage Icon

^ Definitely by now everybody concerned with this should know what has happened - that OS X support has ended - and move on.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Sage User

I keep the hope that development has continued behind the scenes for the Mac. It would be nice if Sage would say something if development has ended.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:57 PM

I just bought SageTV + client and have 2 Windows HTPC's. I have 3 MacBook Pro's around the house and a Mac SageTV Placeshifter would ROCK. I tried v6.6 of the Placeshifter and the quality was terrible. I fired up Fusion + Win7 and the placeshifter worked better in that.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavius View Post
^ Definitely by now everybody concerned with this should know what has happened - that OS X support has ended - and move on.
If that's the case, then Sage needs to man up and admit it so those holding out hope, can decide if they should move on.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Mac users,
I'm doing a writeup about Mac support and SageTV for GeekTonic (no I don't know anything new but thought I'd open a discussion at least). I'd like to get your input on the matter if you care to share send me a direct message.

Thanks!

Brent
Old 03-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Mac users,
I'm doing a writeup about lack of Mac support and SageTV for GeekTonic ...

Thanks!

Brent
Fixed it for you.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Sage User

Good one.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

I don't want to put words in other peoples fingers/mouths, but I think this pretty much sums it up......If Sage is going to stop officially supporting the Mac platform, they need to speak up and let their intentions be known. If they still TRULY do intend on support the Mac, an official statement advising so will speak volumes. No news is usually good news, but in this case, no news = abandonment.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khristopher View Post
I don't want to put words in other peoples fingers/mouths, but I think this pretty much sums it up......If Sage is going to stop officially supporting the Mac platform, they need to speak up and let their intentions be known. If they still TRULY do intend on support the Mac, an official statement advising so will speak volumes. No news is usually good news, but in this case, no news = abandonment.
I'm not a Mac user, so doesn't affect me personally, but I feel your pain and agree that Sage should make an official statement (doesn't have to be detailed, just a simple "yes" or "no" on future development).

I see lots of frustrated posts here in the forums, but has anyone actually tried contacting Sage directly (via email or bug/support request) about this issue?
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 03-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
I'm not a Mac user, so doesn't affect me personally, but I feel your pain and agree that Sage should make an official statement (doesn't have to be detailed, just a simple "yes" or "no" on future development).
Maybe the SageTV folks are unsure themselves. It could be that development is so far behind that there's no time table for a release date in the near future. And they might decide to ax the whole mac version if they are unable to keep it up in a reasonable amount of time.
Quote:
I see lots of frustrated posts here in the forums, but has anyone actually tried contacting Sage directly (via email or bug/support request) about this issue?
Good idea, mac people should email them and ask, although I think they are fully aware of this thread since it has been on top of the beta forum ever since v7 came out. And we know they often read and respond to user questions.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.