SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

banmj,
That has been happening to me as well. As a work around, while watching a show I bring up the on-screen options and then disable and re-enable and it seems to work again.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakecrash View Post
banmj,
That has been happening to me as well. As a work around, while watching a show I bring up the on-screen options and then disable and re-enable and it seems to work again.
Thanks,
I'll give that a try.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:11 AM
Sage Icon

Gotta love the forums. I am getting random "not skipping" as well. EDLs are there, time line has the marks. I checked the plug in options and noticed that I had "Start On Watch" active, but I don't use that/even know what it does, so I turned it off. We'll see if that is it. I recently added output_default=0 as I was getting text files I didn't want...and then set the Sage tweaks from 1 to 0, as I read they aren't used for .edl. Scale Timeline is off for the HDPVR. Latest donator version.

Added: It will even sometimes play into the first block, but then skip on the second, etc... Weird.

P
Old 05-07-2011, 09:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just a suggestion

It would be nice to have an option to disable skipping the last block marked. Frequently shows (The Office for example) have a little chunk after the last commercial break that is marked as part of the block. Sage skips this little chunk and asks to delete, so if I want to watch it I have to play it again and skip to the last chunk of the show, turn off comskipping and manually skip through it to watch it.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Just set it in the comskip.ini not to mark the last 2 minutes (or X minutes) of the show. You can also set the same (or different X minutes) for the beginning of the show also.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoful View Post
It would be nice to have an option to disable skipping the last block marked. Frequently shows (The Office for example) have a little chunk after the last commercial break that is marked as part of the block. Sage skips this little chunk and asks to delete, so if I want to watch it I have to play it again and skip to the last chunk of the show, turn off comskipping and manually skip through it to watch it.
These are lines in the comskip.ini that Gerry is referring to:

always_keep_first_seconds=180 ;Any commercial at the start shorter then this amount of seconds will be regarded as show
always_keep_last_seconds=180 ;Any commercial at the end shorter then this amount of seconds will be regarded as show
Old 05-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
Gotta love the forums. I am getting random "not skipping" as well. EDLs are there, time line has the marks. I checked the plug in options and noticed that I had "Start On Watch" active, but I don't use that/even know what it does, so I turned it off. We'll see if that is it. I recently added output_default=0 as I was getting text files I didn't want...and then set the Sage tweaks from 1 to 0, as I read they aren't used for .edl. Scale Timeline is off for the HDPVR. Latest donator version.

Added: It will even sometimes play into the first block, but then skip on the second, etc... Weird.

P
Is anyone else seeing this still? I have 2 extenders. On my HD200 with the Diamond theme and a bunch of plugins, Comskip will auto-skip without an issue. On my HD100, with stock UI and fewer plugins, it (I think) never does skip automatically. I believe I have tried to configure all the settings without success.

Has anyone come up with any fixes or re-installation steps that have corrected this?

UPDATE: I suspect it may have something to do with the SleepTimer plugin, but need to test this further.

Last edited by Tomahawk51; 05-25-2011 at 07:57 AM. Reason: update
Old 05-28-2011, 08:03 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by banmj View Post
For th past few weeks comskip is no longer automatically skipping commercials. It is creating the .edl files and the skips are showing in the timeline, but i need to hit the right arrow key in order for the commercials to be skipped. I have comskp enabled. Anyone have any ideas what this could be?
I have this also. I believe it started when I updated "Comskip Playback 2.0.6" from 2.0.4

Is it possible to revert to 2.0.4?
SERVER: Win 7 x64/i7-860/Zotac H55ITX-C-E/Corsair H70/CFI a7879 case/12 TB Pooled with Drive Bender. DVBLogic: streaming HDPVR content to SageTV, WMC Clients, NPVR Clients, Remote Computers & iphone. 2ea HDPVR, 3ea HDHomeRun, 2ea VIP211
Old 05-28-2011, 10:17 PM
SageTVaholic

I noticed this behavior too... What I have to do is when I start watching a show I hit options disable then enable autoskip and it works for the entire show.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryt View Post
I have this also. I believe it started when I updated "Comskip Playback 2.0.6" from 2.0.4

Is it possible to revert to 2.0.4?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I noticed this behavior too... What I have to do is when I start watching a show I hit options disable then enable autoskip and it works for the entire show.
I'll have a look at it. I don't really like how the disabling on FFWD etc is working now.

It'll probably be a couple of weeks before I get a chance to get an update up. If you're desperate, here's 2.0.5. The changes from 2.0.4 to 2.0.5 were cosmetic.

John
Attached Files
File Type: zip Comskip_Playback_2.0.5.zip (106.6 KB, 169 views)
Old 05-29-2011, 08:36 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
I'll have a look at it. I don't really like how the disabling on FFWD etc is working now.

It'll probably be a couple of weeks before I get a chance to get an update up. If you're desperate, here's 2.0.5. The changes from 2.0.4 to 2.0.5 were cosmetic.

John
Reverting to 2.0.5 on Client and Server resulted in Comskip working fine now. Thanks
SERVER: Win 7 x64/i7-860/Zotac H55ITX-C-E/Corsair H70/CFI a7879 case/12 TB Pooled with Drive Bender. DVBLogic: streaming HDPVR content to SageTV, WMC Clients, NPVR Clients, Remote Computers & iphone. 2ea HDPVR, 3ea HDHomeRun, 2ea VIP211

Last edited by jerryt; 05-29-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryt View Post
Reverting to 2.0.5 on Client and Server resulted in Comskip working fine now. Thanks
Worked also for me.

Edit
Spoke too soon it's sorta hit and miss disabling enabling still best way to go.

Last edited by nyplayer; 06-05-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:59 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaddock3000 View Post
Thanks, but I'm surprised that Sage didn't build this in to version 7. Are there actually people who don't use comskip?
ok, out of the closet..............i am just now starting to use comskip!

i mistakenly had thought it was only for post-editing out the commercials.

now that i see how it works, i'm jumping on board, and have a 200+ thread to read.............so far, it seems to work fine for me on hdhr channels but i haven't figured out how to get it to work on hdpvr channels yet............i'm just starting to read the thread, but if someone wants to jump in and explain how to get hdpvr files to work with comskip, i'd be very pleased.

cheers
Old 06-24-2011, 08:02 AM
Sage Icon

.ts file processing is only available in te donators version of comskip. Head over to the site and make a donation..
Old 06-24-2011, 08:34 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroBox View Post
From what I understand, there are two versions of Comskip - free and donator edition allowing commercial skipping for h.264 recordings, right? Assuming this has not changed since the last time I looked into it, here are a couple quick questions - sorry if I'm repeating things here, but I read a good potion of the thread and cannot find an answer:

1) If there is a donator edition, how do I find it? I did go to the Comskip websites and see a "Donate" button and a place for general download, but cannot seem to find the link (sorry, I usually roll my eyes too when I see questions like this, but here we are).

2) I currently use this plug-in with the free edition of Comskip and absolutely love it. What are the steps to integrate the donator edition of Comskip and continue to use the configuration menus and other benefits of the plugin while using the free version?

Thanks!
going through the thread from the beginning and had the same question.......however i haven't yet found the comskip website with the 'donate button'..............anyone want to post the link for me..........(back to reading the thread)
Old 06-24-2011, 08:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Also the donator version allows you to comskip shows as they are being recorded. the free version will not run until the show is fully recorded.

On another note: I currently have my HD-PVR recording 1080i - it takes a quite a while to comskip them. The 1080i TS files do not play great via placeshifter, and I've read setting my cable box to 720p will resolve that. I kinda wonder if Comskip would be quicker as well. I plan on doing that one of these days as my only HD TV is only 32" I don't see 1080 doing anything for me anyway...
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300
Old 06-24-2011, 08:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

http://www.kaashoek.com/comskip/

yellow 'make a donation' button
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300
Old 06-24-2011, 08:50 AM
Sage Fanatic

thanks everyone..............it is so cool that by asking questions as i went through the thread, i had my answers to my open issues waiting for me when i got to the thread's end......this community is the best.

now to go donate

thanks again
Old 06-24-2011, 09:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
.ts file processing is only available in te donators version of comskip. Head over to the site and make a donation..
Technically, either will do .mpg OR .ts containers. The difference is the encoding. The free version will only process MPEG-2, while the donator's version will process MPEG-4 (H.264) as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post
thanks everyone..............it is so cool that by asking questions as i went through the thread, i had my answers to my open issues waiting for me when i got to the thread's end......this community is the best.

now to go donate

thanks again
keep in mind it'll take a day or so usually for him to get you the login for the donator's ftp site.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-24-2011, 09:26 AM
SageTVaholic

When you DO get the donator's version of comskip, I'd recommend NOT simply replacing the one that comes with commercial detector, but instead, extract it somewhere else and point commercial detector to that location. (otherwise, you may risk having the donator's version overwritten with the free one if you reinstall or update the plugin).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room