SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-20-2004, 10:21 PM
Sage Expert

Tuner Merit problems

Well I have 3 pvr 250 cards in my machine, I set the merit for each card (above the card names, not below it) and still the wrong cards can start recording. My problem lies in that the tuner with an external composite in, sometimes starts to record and so causes a conflict for me when I have another recording scheduled OR I want to watch something live on the cable box channels.
Also in the process of doing the merits, I have found that I get conflict errors even though there is no conflict.
Anyone have similar problems? or a solution?
btw I am using Sage beta RC1 and 3 PVR 250 cards on an Epox 8RDA3+ board with Athlon 2400+ Thorobred cpu and 256mb ram and USB-UIRT control of cable box and remote control.
Patrick

Last edited by Crowdx42; 04-20-2004 at 11:32 PM.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

You might want to attach your actual sage.properties file, and give more information about your sources and a specific example with channels times shows etc. Merit (if set properly) has always worked for me, but it is not a magic pill - it simply gives Sage a preference when it needs to record a show and it is available on more than one tuner.