SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:32 AM
Sage User

Unhappy HD-100: replaced capacitors but no HDMI output

OK - I had the capacitor issue and replaced them. Admittedly, it was the first time I ever soldered anything but it appears to have worked. When I plug in the box I get the solid red power light and when I put it on the network I get the green light and everything. I was quite pleased with myself.

One problem - It just plain doesn't work. That is to say, when I plug in the HDMI cable, the screen stays dark. Nothing. All of the lights are on but nobody is home (so to speak). I tested the HDMI cable with my PS3 and all is well so it appears that it is a problem inside of the HD-100.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Sage Server = HP Pavilion M9250f w/ WHS, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 (K) (2.66GHz), 4GB DDR2 800, ,2 x 500GB SATA 3G 7200RPM (in share), 1 x 1TB WD Green 3G (not in share). 2xHD-PVR hooked up via USB TV Translators recording from 2 DirecTV HD. 2 SageTV HD-100s hooked up via Cat 6 network. SageTV 7.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Sage Expert

From the STX-HD100 user manual:

Video: Choose one type of video output ports to connect: HDMI, Component (Pb,Pr,Y), SVideo,
or Composite (C).
Once those connections are made, plug in the unit’s power cable, but leave the unit off.
Turn on your TV and/or home theater equipment, making sure to set those devices to use the
same audio and video connections used on the extender.
Turn the HD Media Extender on via its power switch on the back. After a short delay (perhaps
10 – 20 seconds), the startup screen should be visible on your TV.
IMPORTANT! If you see no image on your TV, make sure that the TV is set to use the
same video connection used on the extender. If the connections are set correctly, use the
Video Out button near the bottom of the extender’s remote to change the video output
resolution used by the extender. Wait a few seconds after using the Video Out button
before pressing it again to try the next video output resolution. If you still have no output
on your TV after using the Video Out button five times, see the Troubleshooting Guide,
below.

Here's a link to the PDF Manual:
http://download.sage.tv/SageTV_HD100_Manual.pdf

Good luck
1x STX-HD100
3x STP-HD200
@cliftpompee
Old 05-02-2010, 09:11 AM
Sage User

Forgot to update everyone. Ok - that fixed it.

FYI - If anyone out there has this problem but is afraid to fix it because they have never worked on a circuit board before, don't worry. I have never touched a soldering iron before and I got it done (and impressed my wife to boot). It cost me about $30 at Radio Shack to get the soldering iron, a vacuum desoldering tool (probably could have just used a wick), and the other stuff I needed.

Just do some research and you will be fine.

- Miles
Sage Server = HP Pavilion M9250f w/ WHS, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 (K) (2.66GHz), 4GB DDR2 800, ,2 x 500GB SATA 3G 7200RPM (in share), 1 x 1TB WD Green 3G (not in share). 2xHD-PVR hooked up via USB TV Translators recording from 2 DirecTV HD. 2 SageTV HD-100s hooked up via Cat 6 network. SageTV 7.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:02 AM
Sage User

Clift, thank you very much for your help! I had an HD-100 sitting around for several months because I could not figure out the HDMI Out "Issue"! Guess I didn't not search hard enough. :-)

Thanks Again!