SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 04-18-2004, 11:40 PM

Complete Removal

Can someone tell me exactly how to blow away all of .16 from my machine? Ever since I installed it I get decoding glitches and lockups. I dropped back to .15 and the glitches are there now too. Before I installed .16, .15 was working pretty good outside of some minor issues.

I've tried removing and reinstalling Java and vid drivers as well as scouring the registry for Frey and Sagetv entries. I'm pretty sure I missed some since Sage still found my registration key on reinstall.

One last shot is reinstalling the Hauppauge drivers, but I'm not holding my breath right now. Only other thing I can think of is a system wipe. Really would hate to do that if someone could suggest an easier solution to get .15 back up working.

Edit: Reinstalling Hauppauge drivers made no difference.

Thanks,
Ken

Last edited by ket; 04-18-2004 at 11:49 PM.
Old 04-19-2004, 02:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

When I uninstalled 2.0.16RC1, I noticed two entries for SageTV. I uninstalled both and reinstalled 2.0.15Beta and all issues I was having went away. There are some odd things that happened when I tried to install 0.15 on top of 0.16 but once I uninstalled both, 0.15 installed as expected. I know this isn't much help because you have probably tried this already.

Check to make sure all instances of SageTV has been removed. Check in the Add/Remove after each removal and confirm everything is gone. SageTV also remembered my regcode but pretty much everything else is gone with the removal.

If you are having Decoder issues, I would look at everything related to playing a video. What kind of glitches are you having and have you looked at power supply / tempeture issues for the lockups? What happens if you play a video without Sage?

I am using the NVidia hardware decoder. When I was having problems, it was usually with the decoder software or drivers and not the program calling it. I.E. SageTV. As for reinstalling Hauppauge drivers, that isn't going to do any good because that is for your Encoder, not Decoder. If you are using the latest Hauppauge drivers (18 rel 22037), you want to also install the latest decoder

Hauppauge Video Decoder version 4 release 21154

Bookark this Driver download page

Regards,

Mark

Last edited by mandrews44; 04-19-2004 at 02:17 AM.
Old 04-19-2004, 04:53 PM

Thanks for the help. I'm 100% sure there's no heat problem in my system.

Sigh. It's all kind of pointless now anyway. I'm not sure what happened between shutting down last night and booting this afternoon, but .15 is working nicely again. I felt adventurous and uninstalled .15 and reinstalled .16. .16 is now working as well. The PC gods have favored me today. Wish I knew what had caused the prolem. Maybe it'll rear its head again with more clues.

Ken