SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
I noticed that MX Video Player seem to be a better quailty video than the Mirage one ..
I exchanged a bit with the MX author, but couldn't get it to stream on a Droid, I don't know if the newer versions would help.
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 02-12-2012, 08:25 AM
Sage User

Latest Mirage App (V.0.5.2) doesn't stream anymore

Hello,

Have you noticed that the latest beta app doesn't stream as well?
I can't use it within taSageTV to stream my recordings anymore...

Don't upgrade....

I'm now stuck to wait for the next upgrade or another streaming solution within taSageTV....

Regards.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by romain_gary View Post
Hmm, maybe that's why TechBill is having problem since he reinstalled...
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 02-13-2012, 09:56 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by romain_gary View Post
Hello,

I can't use it within taSageTV to stream my recordings anymore...

Don't upgrade....

I'm now stuck to wait for the next upgrade or another streaming solution within taSageTV....

Regards.
Ahhhhh I see maybe that why I couldn't stream after the reinstall and yeah I am at the latest beta

Guess I will have to wait until next verision and give VLC streaming an another try.

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 02-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
Hmm, maybe that's why TechBill is having problem since he reinstalled...
I have one last strange issue after the reinstall.

I ran several weeks after reinstall before I started to add addons to it.

This apps that use TCPserver I think was pretty much the last addons I added to my SageTV server.

I do have a nightly reboot on my server at 4am due to that I have two HD Colossus capture cards.

The strangest thing is that after seting up taSageTV all my extenders in the house would power on after the nightly reboot is complete. (Blue power led come on) but nothing on screen, I would have to power it down and power it back up to get it working again.

Any idea what could be causing that?

Or is there a way to stop it from trying to power up after the nightly reboot until I actually press power button on the remote?

Thank you

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 02-13-2012, 10:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
Or is there a way to stop it from trying to power up after the nightly reboot until I actually press power button on the remote?
By default, the SageTCPServer plugin has the auto-reboot option enabled, just disable it...
Old 02-15-2012, 01:01 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
Happy holidays!
I'm trying to get the streaming working before buying the full version, and am working my way through this with some troubles. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Here's the output from the suggested stream.cmd... I've downgraded to vlc 1.0
bikesquid,
Did you ever figure out your issues? I receive a similar socket bind error whenever i try to stream through vlc. Unfortunately, I know very little about streaming and am struggling to figure it out. TASageTv is working very well to browse my media and push files to any of my extenders, but I haven't figured out how to stream to my phones yet.

-Nutball
Old 02-18-2012, 10:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutball View Post
bikesquid,
Did you ever figure out your issues? I receive a similar socket bind error whenever i try to stream through vlc. Unfortunately, I know very little about streaming and am struggling to figure it out. TASageTv is working very well to browse my media and push files to any of my extenders, but I haven't figured out how to stream to my phones yet.

-Nutball
Nope. Didnt get much advise or help and as streaming isnt my expertise either....just moved on. Im using snapstream to stream the whole sage server screen to my tablet. Works great for video and audio.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:37 AM
Sage Icon

A little heads up, I'll be moving the minimum requirement to Android 2.x, as the ActionBarSherlock library now requires it...
Old 04-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Sage Icon

Version 2.53

- Text input is now done through the Keyboard icon.
- Tweaked the title area.
- Increased minimum requirements to Android 2.1.
- Fixed the Remote layout for phone with width > 480.
- Tweaked the Remote UI for tablets.

The version with registration is available now, the one from Google Play will probably be available sometime on Sunday.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

I hate to jump into this thread w/o reading the whole thing, but 70 pages is a bit more of an elephant than I'm ready to chew on just now.

I just got a tablet (Vizio VTAB1008), straight away put TaSageTV (2.50, unregistered for the moment) on it and am liking it ALOT. even got streaming to work in a couple minutes (after finding an old version of VLC). I've noticed that the ap crashes any time my tablet goes to "sleep"... I get a crash message on the screen at least twice with the Force Close button.
Setup #7.6 Hyper-V (again!)
Hardware: Comcast Basic Digital Cable, (1) HDHR3-CC 20170815 firmware, 36GB "system" drive, 2TB laptop drives, a buttload of archive drives, HP DL380G6 2x X5660 processors (4 cores to VM), 4GB ram
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64, SageTV v9.1.2.662, Java v1.8.0_131, STV 2017052101, HD300 extenders
Old 04-22-2012, 07:05 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
I've noticed that the ap crashes any time my tablet goes to "sleep"... I get a crash message on the screen at least twice with the Force Close button.
If you install a log collector, like say aLogCat, you could post it here (or email it to the support address) and I'll have a look.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:45 AM
SageTVaholic

I set a password in the SageTCPServer plugin (not sure why - just fiddling), and now I cannot connect. Tried resetting plugin, but that didn't erase the password. What's the secret to eliminating the password, or accessing it via the ipad interface?

ok, think I figured out the password - maybe
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Last edited by tvmaster2; 05-18-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:23 PM
Sage Icon

If you set a password in SageTCPServer, you also need to configure the mobile app to use it.

I don't think you can remove an existing password through the SageTV plugin configuration, though you can shutdown the server (and its service), then edit the properties file and remove it (search for SageTCPServer in it).
Old 05-18-2012, 10:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
If you set a password in SageTCPServer, you also need to configure the mobile app to use it.

I don't think you can remove an existing password through the SageTV plugin configuration, though you can shutdown the server (and its service), then edit the properties file and remove it (search for SageTCPServer in it).
do you happen to know if there's only reference line in properties regarding SageTCPServer?
I can make the iPad work, but my Android phone won't connect (both your remote app and the new one). is there something different about how the android apps work?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 05-19-2012, 07:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
do you happen to know if there's only reference line in properties regarding SageTCPServer?
That's the only place that most SageTV plugin have access, yes... In SageTV\SageTV\Sage.properties you will find a bunch of SageTCPServer configuration lines like:

sageTCPServer/password=

Quote:
I can make the iPad work, but my Android phone won't connect (both your remote app and the new one). is there something different about how the android apps work?
The location of the configurations are different and might be using different defaults (though I don't think so), but otherwise no... I connect just fine with either apps on my iPod, cheap Android tablet, borrowed Android phone and BlackBerry Playbook...

You might want to double check that you don't have a typo somewhere. If not, then install some Android log collector (like aLogCat), you should be able to find what IP and password it's trying to use, or anything else odd that might be going on.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:32 AM
Sage Icon

Just like the iOS version, the price is reduced to $9.99 until the 5th of July...
Old 06-29-2012, 08:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Cannot stream on Acer A-500 tablet

I had TASage working on my Android phone a while ago but did not like it but with the lower price I purchased it for use on my Acer A-500 tablet running ICS but get an error when trying to play any recordings – all that I am really interested in.

I have MX player installed with the recommended codex but get the error “Sorry this video cannot be played”. I get this with the other media player (ICS) installed also.

In the About screen the stream is rtsp://server address:554/stream.sdp. I have VLC 1.0 installed on the SageTV server. I can browse to any video on the server and play it in the MX player.

I can see all photos, music and recorded TV files, I can view photos but cannot play music files or recorded TV files.

I scanned the forum for what configuration is needed with VLC on the server if any but really did not see anything. I am only trying to play back inside my network, not outside so ports should not be an issue.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Sage Icon

Have you tried pressing the option menu and selecting one of the other streaming options?

For VLC, are you able to stream with that address to another instance of VLC, on the server itself or on another PC?
Old 06-30-2012, 02:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

FYI - Some interesting developments with the new GoogleTV devices coming w/ ARM processors / API's, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNbKpUqkOso

Support to integrate streaming channels into the GoogleTV Show listings, MS playready and other DRM support, etc.
Server Hardware: 34TB Total using Custom Intel Q6600, 20tb storage w/ 3ware SATA2 RAID, bluray R/W, 3x hd300 clients, 5xhd200 clients, HDHR Prime 6, 7TB RAID5 w/ Synology DS1010+ NAS, 7TB RAID5 w/ Synology DS1511+ NAS Server Software: Win 7 64bit w/ SageTV 7.1.9
Primary Workstation: Custom AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 6xCore 2.81Ghz, Asus Crosshair IV, 8GB DDR3, 1xCorsair 128GB SSD for OS, 4x WD Velociraptor 300gb HDD, 2xATI Eyefinity 6 Edition GPU's w/ CrossFireX - connected to 6x20" LCD, 1500w PSU

Tags
android