SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp View Post
What the one on the right? I don't see it on the wiki pics.
Sure, it's there on almost all the pictures, though they also show the right icons on the left...

Quote:
If its not to be there, how do I remove it? clicking it does nothing.
That's the Client selection, if you see the X and nothing happens when pressing it, that means SageTCPServer is not seeing any of your SageTV clients, or maybe you are not actually connected to the server...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 07-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp View Post
Yikes. ...way over my head. I sure hope this is a work in process. If this does not work on 3G, its nothing more than a wifi remote.
It's not a work in progress, people have been using it for over a year, or 3 years if I include the CQC version...

Sure, I could describe it in a few pages, but then people don't read it as it's too complex...
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 07-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey Fonceur

I ordered another copy of taSageTV on Sunday night. I haven't gotten the software serial number yet. I placed the order with my phones serial number. Can you check and see why I have not gotten it yet?

Also, I may not have this phone for very long. Is there a possibility of transferring a copy to another phone?

Thanks

Kent
Old 07-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterBoy View Post
I ordered another copy of taSageTV on Sunday night. I haven't gotten the software serial number yet. I placed the order with my phones serial number. Can you check and see why I have not gotten it yet?
Try resending the email with the ID to the address shown on the Information/About page.

Quote:
Also, I may not have this phone for very long. Is there a possibility of transferring a copy to another phone?
Sure, I'm trying to automate the process, but currently waiting on a new version of the software for the web server.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:47 PM
Sage User

TASageTV will soon be moving to a new licensing system with next updates that will make it easier to upgrade your phone's operating system.

For those that have previously purchased TASageTV application, you should have received an email tonight with your new license.

If you have not received an email, please check your spam folder. If you still don't see a new license, please send us an email with your sale invoice information and we'll research it.

Thank you for purchasing TASageTV!
David Li
Tallus LLC
Old 07-09-2011, 12:34 AM
Sage Icon

Version 2.09

- Partially automated the registration.

This is mostly to reduce the support requests... Many people were not reading the wiki, which asked to put the ID in the feedback box during ordering. Add to that the people that replaced their devices (loss, stolen, newer) or used a custom ROM that modified the ID, and things add up...

Some extra permissions (i.e. Telephony, Bluetooth) are now used to create a new unique identifier for the device.

Starting with this version, should you replace your phone, you can start by releasing the current license, then simply enter the activation key on the next one and activate.

If you upgrade the firmware, the release/activation cycle should happen transparently.

If you replace the Android device without releasing the license first, for now you will need to send an email to the support address, but in some upcoming update this should be handled automatically.

At some point, the shopping cart should generate the activation key automatically...
Old 07-10-2011, 05:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Thank you. I was a little concerned when I first received the email because I knew I had not made a new purchase and your original email really didn't explain about the new licensing system needing that new key. Thanks for the followup on this and the new system.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Thank you. I was a little concerned when I first received the email because I knew I had not made a new purchase and your original email really didn't explain about the new licensing system needing that new key. Thanks for the followup on this and the new system.
Right, that email was automatically created by the licensing software, so we were not able to adapt it to the current situation.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Sage User

Aargh!
I upgraded the operating system for my Pandigital Novel tablet and had to re-install TaSageTV. I got the settings correct in the app, but I can't hear audio when streaming over WiFi.
In addition, the license key doesn't work. I was hoping that a couple of reboots would fix the problem like last time, but it's been a couple of days and it's not working yet.
Any ideas?
Old 07-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cefisher View Post
I got the settings correct in the app, but I can't hear audio when streaming over WiFi.
Which streaming method are you using?

Quote:
In addition, the license key doesn't work.
You should have received a new activation code for TaSageTV 2.09+, just activate it...
Old 07-18-2011, 08:31 PM
Sage User

Unhappy Pandigital Novel System "Hack" upgrade causes audio loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
Which streaming method are you using?
rtsp according to the "About" tab.

Quote:
You should have received a new activation code for TaSageTV 2.09+, just activate it...
I didn't purchase it until 2.10 was released. I typed in the code and clicked "Activate" and it just sits there.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Sage User

Okay. I've got the registration fixed, thank you!

Streaming video is worse. Now it doesn't even play. I get "Can't play video". Can I send you the log file?
Old 07-20-2011, 10:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Streaming video is worse.
Try using a different streaming profile.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:46 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Good, hopefully they'll reply positively to exposing some Intent so I can launch streaming of a specific file...
Plex just released a new version... They do have an API which appears to have the means to do what you are requesting. However, the documentation is not yet available.

http://elan.plexapp.com/2011/07/20/p...-to-the-stars/

Code:
XML API:

Along with the new core features and fixes, we keep enhancing the Plex Media Server’s API. There are new clients appearing all the time, the most recent of which is for Samsung TVs and Bluray players (I’ve tried it, works great!), and we like to provide a rich HTTP interface for these clients. Full documentation for the API will be available shortly.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:07 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Plex just released a new version... They do have an API which appears to have the means to do what you are requesting.
I read the blog, but don't really see what is needed... While the API does allow to start a stream, the standard Android media player would most likely not be able to stream it in the first place, as they did have to make special modification so the Android Plex player would work.

Ideally, what is required is to start the Android Plex app with a specific file and server, and have it stream it from the server, but that part isn't available.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:03 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Try using a different streaming profile.

I didn't have to do anything different. I turned the tablet off overnight and when I tried again it was fine. Good video and audio.

Can you explain what the Live TV tab is for? Is it possible to stream TV from the server to my tablet? That would be really fabulous.

This is great software. Thanks for working so hard on it.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Can you explain what the Live TV tab is for?
It launches LiveTV on the selected SageTV Client...

Quote:
Is it possible to stream TV from the server to my tablet? That would be really fabulous.
Once it is playing on the SageTV Client, you can probably start the stream from the Status tab and/or the TV/Recordings section...
Old 07-28-2011, 06:35 AM
Sage User

Ok I purchased and loaded the app last night, thanks for refunding the double purchase Here is my setup:
ASUS Transformer Droid pad using honeycomb 3.1
latest version of your server app.
latest version of droid app.

My TV shows show up fine and update fine
Nothing in the media center shows any information, no songs, no pictures, no video etc.
I've tried rebooting my sagetv server with no luck.

I'm getting multiple forced closes, one I know is consistent and that is when I delete something.

I also have the TiSagetv app for my ipod touch and all seems to work there although I have not done a database refresh on it since upgrading the server app to the latest.
How do I do that so I can see if the server app is sending the correct data out, this will help alleviate the server app as the issue?

I have read this thread from page 52 on so I am aware of the forced closing issues etc. for the latest version. But I didn't see anything about the media center issue.

Thanks for all your help, looking forward to getting this going.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjalphonso View Post
Nothing in the media center shows any information, no songs, no pictures, no video etc.
You do need to manually start the sync, unlike the iOS version where it is automatically started if it is empty... So hit the menu button from the Media center section (or from a specific sub-section) and hit sync.

Quote:
I'm getting multiple forced closes, one I know is consistent and that is when I delete something.
Right, the Android 3.0+ devices expects the UI thread to be freed within 16 ms and my app isn't doing that yet, thus the force closes. You can install aLogCat and provide me with some logs to help me resolve those.

Quote:
I also have the TiSagetv app for my ipod touch and all seems to work there although I have not done a database refresh on it since upgrading the server app to the latest.
The Information/About page has a "Delete TiSageTV database" if needed...
Old 07-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Sage User

Quote:
It launches LiveTV on the selected SageTV Client...

Once it is playing on the SageTV Client, you can probably start the stream from the Status tab and/or the TV/Recordings section...
Well, I tried installing a SageTV client (temporarily), and don't have a stream option on the status menu when I'm in the Live TV tab. Does live TV streaming happen on other platforms? I haven't seen anyone say they can do this.

The remote is sort of interesting, but kind of weird without any feedback if I'm not in front of the computer. Maybe you can change the font or the background to indicate that a button has been pressed.

Overall, I'm very pleased, and very impressed.

Tags
android