SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Nope - it was the address of the HD200.
Changed it to the server address and now am connected.

Thanks
Old 11-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by George M View Post
Nope - it was the address of the HD200.
Not sure how I can make it any clearer in the wiki...

Quote:
Originally Posted by taSageTV wiki
SageTV Client

Unless you have a SageTV Client running on a different PC (i.e. not a SageTV Extender), the Hostname should be the same as the Server's one
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 11-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

No, that was clear. I was just reading too fast.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Fonceur,

I was trying to go to the Buy site, but the link is not working for me.
What is the cost of the license for full version?
Can you look into the link please - I am liking this a lot.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I was trying to go to the Buy site, but the link is not working for me.
Right, the web site and shopping cart were moved, try:

http://www.talluscorp.com/shop/
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 11-17-2010, 09:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

I was really excited about this program. But now after reading all the posts and testing it out before I bought a license, I started playing around with it more.

It looks like what I thought it would do, it does not. What I was hoping for was a way to control my HD200 with it located it a remote location over WiFi. The remote works very well, and I will probably use that some. However what i would like is to be able to, as I am waching my TV which is connected to my HD200, bring up the list of movies on my EVO and start the movie and then bring up the remote.

Also, as devely suggested, stream music over WiFi. I dont use my phone to store mp3's, but would be nice to be able to hook into my network to play something sometimes.

Any change that the program will advance to include some of this?
Old 11-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
However what i would like is to be able to, as I am waching my TV which is connected to my HD200, bring up the list of movies on my EVO and start the movie and then bring up the remote.
And what isn't working in that?

Quote:
Also, as devely suggested, stream music over WiFi. I dont use my phone to store mp3's, but would be nice to be able to hook into my network to play something sometimes.
So I should spend days/weeks developing an audio streaming application for the pc, so people can save 15 minutes syncing their devices to their music library or use one of the other app that already does that?
Old 11-17-2010, 10:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
And what isn't working in that?
When I click on the recorded TV show it brings up the info - Menu button brings up "Client Settings" and "Delete". When clicking on a movie it brings up the inof and the menu button brings up "Client Settings". No way to actually start the TV show or Movie. Maybe it is supposed to be that way, I don't know. What I was envisioning was once the show / movie was slected have the option to start playing it.

Quote:
So I should spend days/weeks developing an audio streaming application for the pc, so people can save 15 minutes syncing their devices to their music library or use one of the other app that already does that?
NO, You shouldn't do anything you don't want to do. I certainly didn't mean to insult you. Only pointing out what I thought the program was going to do, and when I found out it did not, then was asking if it would be added at some point. If not (and I take it that it definately won't) then fine. I'll deal with it.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
When I click on the recorded TV show it brings up the info - Menu button brings up "Client Settings" and "Delete".
Sounds like your extender isn't connected, which would be why you don't have the option to start the playback...
Old 11-17-2010, 12:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
Sounds like your extender isn't connected, which would be why you don't have the option to start the playback...
I don't know how to do a screen capture on my phone - but I have a check mark beside both the server and client. Also the remote works great.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I don't know how to do a screen capture on my phone - but I have a check mark beside both the server and client. Also the remote works great.
Any chance you could get some kind of log collector on the phone and attach it to a reply?
Old 11-17-2010, 12:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I did get a screen capture:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAP201011171148.jpg (245.7 KB, 190 views)
Old 11-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I did get a screen capture:
Could you take one of the menu from a file's details please.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:08 AM
Sage User

Hi,

The download link does not seem to work.

I tried, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/408295/TASageTV.apk

Perhaps something changed with Dropbox?

Please post a link. I am eager to try it out!

Regards,

Jonathan
Old 11-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixi View Post
The download link does not seem to work.
Sounds like a problem with dropbox itself, as they still give me that public link...

EDIT: Of course now it's working again....

Last edited by Fonceur; 11-25-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well after taking a break from it yesterday, I decided to uninstall the app, wipe the cache and reinstall it.

It now seems to be working as I thought it would. However there is one thing I still cant figure out. If the non licenced version is supposed to show 10 items, why does mine show less. (see attached screen capture). Especially why no videos at all?

It shows:
Albums (2/127)
Photos (3/1029)
Songs (19)
Videos (0/253)

Thanks for working with me on this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAP201011180944.jpg (39.7 KB, 177 views)
Old 11-18-2010, 11:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
If the non licenced version is supposed to show 10 items, why does mine show less.
Sounds like you lost connection during the sync, or the metadata in one list choked the parsing... Something that a log could tell... I'd suggest wiping the database and to resync one section at a time.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
If you're interested in this functionality, I'd recommend checking out Subsonic. It's pretty painless to setup, plays well with SageTV, and already has a pretty solid Android app. Right now, that and Pandora is all I use for music on my phone. Plus the Subsonic app supports caching songs, which you can then playback while offline using any music app of your choice.

-Dan
Old 11-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
"
"

If you want to make money - yes you should.

There are other apps that will stream the video, and there are other apps that can show the photos, there are other apps that can stream remote TV, etc.

The point is to have one app that does it all well, like sagetv does for the end points it supports.

If I wanted to spend time doing all those little things (syncing music, setting up remote photo viewing, etc, ) I would instead find each of the best apps for those things, buy them , and then spend time maintaing all of it. I don't want to spend the time, nor need to worry about having 5 apps installed, configured , and working well.

The best thing about Sage is that it does it all, relatively well, in one package, with a common interface, and it's capabilities keep increasing.

I don't have to devote time to syncing this, setting up that, copying media here or there, etc. I do it once, with a central library that I tap when needed and on demand, and hopefully from wherever I am and whenever I feel like it, without needing to know in advance that maybe I wanted to listen to or show something in particular.

That is what makes sagetv appealing and that is what will make a functionally equivalent mobile version appealing.

It will be developed and sold, of that I have no doubt. The question is who will do it, do it well, and reap the rewards of doing it.

I would say that with this product you have a good start. I would just like to see it taken to the next logical level.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyRex View Post
If you're interested in this functionality, I'd recommend checking out Subsonic.
Hmm, that looks interesting! So far I've had no luck when I contacted Air Video, Orb, ZumoCast and so on, but since that project is open source, I might be able to submit a patch or something to enable what I'd need, if it's not already in it...

Tags
android