SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Sage Icon

Fonceur - keep up the great work! I'm jonesing for a Droid X! I just have to wait a few more weeks (and convince the wife that I need one ).

PS - you really need to get this done so you can start working on the Droid CQC Riva client too!
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 06-23-2010, 03:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic0048 View Post
PS - you really need to get this done so you can start working on the Droid CQC Riva client too!
Actually, that's the reason why I've been trying to get this out of the way... As far as I'm concerned, all the features I wanted to put in are there, so it's mostly about handling some database issues...

Quote:
I'm jonesing for a Droid X!
I don't care about phones, what I want is an affordable Android 2.1+ tablet based on the tegra 2 chip...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 06-23-2010, 03:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythikal View Post
Not working on a G1 running 1.6.
This actually might work on the G1. I was able to get it to buffer using nswPlayer, but it wouldn't play the video. That might be because of some of the transcode options I changed though. Unfortunately I have no way to change the settings right now. Maybe someone else can try it with nswPlayer?
Old 06-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
That might be because of some of the transcode options I changed though.
Can you try with the default options of sageTCPserver 1.4.8 please? I put the vlc://quit in and want to know if it works...
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 06-23-2010, 09:20 PM
Sage Icon

It turns out that I had to move the vlc://quit at the end of the whole command...

Last edited by Fonceur; 06-23-2010 at 11:41 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:28 PM
Sage Icon

I trimmed some unneeded ip/port info from the vlc streaming options...

Last edited by Fonceur; 06-23-2010 at 11:41 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
Can you try with the default options of sageTCPserver 1.4.8 please? I put the vlc://quit in and want to know if it works...
Running the default options I only get one instance of VLC player. The vlc://quit shouldn't do anything until the video is completely done. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it terminates. I'll also keep the default settings and try streaming again on the G1 tomorrow.

Not all of my movies are importing. I see (375/1164).

Can you implement a search function for movies too? Works great for TV.

Is there any reason I can't view * TV anymore? In the trial it let me view *, but the full version forces me to go by first letter. Same goes for the movies. The * was nice because I could see the most recent shows/movies right at the top.

EDIT:
This was with TASageTV-1.02.zip + SageTCPServer-1.4.9.zip.

Last edited by Mythikal; 07-20-2010 at 03:53 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
The vlc://quit shouldn't do anything until the video is completely done. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it terminates.
It terminated.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Not all of my movies are importing. I see (375/1164).
Yes, I finally nailed the issue! I was chaining a bunch of escaping (i.e. " --> \") and has a last step I was doubling the already escaped stuff...

Quote:
Can you implement a search function for movies too? Works great for TV.
Unless I'm using a wrong search parameter, it should search everything in the TV Guide, or did you mean movies on your drive (i.e. from the Videos section)?

Quote:
Is there any reason I can't view * TV anymore?
That's an optimization issue, the * is only available for lists/sub-lists of less than 100 items. Otherwise browsing the 9k albums from one of my tester takes too long to load from the database...

Quote:
The * was nice because I could see the most recent shows/movies right at the top.
I guess I could A) increase the limit for all the lists, B) remove the limit for the recorded shows, and/or C) you could move some from recordings to videos...

Last edited by Fonceur; 06-24-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

TASageTV-1.02 + SageTCPServer-1.5.1
Quote:
Yes, I finally nailed the issue! I was chaining a bunch of escaping (i.e. " --> \") and has a last step I was doubling the already escaped stuff...
All of my movies are there now.

But I have some metadata showing up in the wrong spot. Monty Python and the Holy Grail for instance shows up as "MirrorMask" in the videos list, but shows correctly if I look at the video detail. I tried a wipe and resync, but it was still wrong after the reimport.

Quote:
Unless I'm using a wrong search parameter, it should search everything in the TV Guide, or did you mean movies on your drive (i.e. from the Videos section)?
A search function for the videos and recordings. I guess I wasn't paying too much attention to it though because I didn't even notice it was only for the TV Guide. I thought it was grabbing recordings too.

Quote:
I guess I could A) increase the limit for all the lists, B) remove the limit for the recorded shows,
Having * as an option in the list for both recorded shows and videos would be fantastic. It doesn't necessarily have to be the default. You could still get the list to load quickly by defaulting to the first character like you are now.

Quote:
C) you could move some from recordings to videos...
The problem with that is I have too many movies and too many recordings. Even if I rob Peter to pay Paul, whichever one I rob will soon be over the 100 limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic0048 View Post
Fonceur - keep up the great work!
Yeah... I kinda forgot to say thanks for all the effort you're putting into this. It is definitely appreciated.

Last edited by Mythikal; 07-20-2010 at 03:53 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
All of my movies are there now.
Good, just need for brewston to confirm that it fixed his too...

Quote:
But I have some metadata showing up in the wrong spot. Monty Python and the Holy Grail for instance shows up as "MirrorMask" in the videos list, but shows correctly if I look at the video detail.
Hmm, I'm not actually seeing the \' that I would expect, so there might still be some escape issues.

Quote:
A search function for the videos and recordings.
Well, you can already sort and filter, so not sure I see the point...

Quote:
Having * as an option in the list for both recorded shows and videos would be fantastic.
I guess I could add it at the end instead.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:18 AM
Sage Icon

Version 1.03

- Can now browse the Songs by themselves.
- Can now consult any lists unfiltered. (don't be surprised if it times out browsing your 15k songs...)

Last edited by Fonceur; 06-24-2010 at 11:44 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Well, you can already sort and filter, so not sure I see the point...
I can't always remember if a movie starts with "a", "an", "the", etc... It would also make it easier to pull up a single series rather than sifting through everything else that happens to start with that letter. I just thought it would be a nice tool to help find content a little faster.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I can't always remember if a movie starts with "a", "an", "the", etc...
I guess I can try to hook up to the built in filtering, but even that seemed to start from the first letter, not search everywhere...

Quote:
It would also make it easier to pull up a single series rather than sifting through everything else that happens to start with that letter.
Shouldn't you already have your series in their own folder for easy finding, instead of sticking 1k files in a single folder?
Old 06-24-2010, 07:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hey,

quick one here - If I pop the newer TCP server into Sage7 (1.51) will this have issues with CQC, as the version posted on the CQC fourm is much older.
Oh - any you sould really add a manifest for this cool library to the plugins

And the Link in your sig to the TCP server goes to a blank page in the wiki.

Really looking forward to the CQC Android client
-d

SageTV: v7.20 RC on Dell PE860, 8Gb RAM, Win7 x64; Recordings: 2Tb SATA. Collection: 12Tb DAS
DVB Logic - DVBLink 3.1 Tuners sourcing 2 x TBS 6980 Dual DVB-S2 (Astra 28, Astra 19, Hotbird, Thor) serving Clients 3 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x HD100
Old 06-24-2010, 07:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian.flynn View Post
quick one here - If I pop the newer TCP server into Sage7 (1.51) will this have issues with CQC, as the version posted on the CQC fourm is much older.
It will be fine, the main difference is that the newer versions can send lists as JSON strings, while the CQC plugin relies on XML strings. I did improve the streaming, but I'm not aware of anyone using it in CQC anyway.

Quote:
Oh - any you sould really add a manifest for this cool library to the plugins
What do you mean? For the SageTV 7.0 plugin support?

Quote:
And the Link in your sig to the TCP server goes to a blank page in the wiki.
Thanks, there was a left over / at the end.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Hi Fonceur, I've been recently following this thread since I bought my android phone. I am curious if youre interested in making taSageTV so simple to install and configure.. all the user has to do to start watching TV on their phone is to install it directly from Market and give it the IP of the sageTV server... in just two easy steps. With trouble-free subsequent updates via Market just like all other Market apps.

Also, last I checked, taSageTV wasn't too dependable for watching TV with FF/REW/Pause/Play capability. Is this still true? Watching TV on my phone with non-clunky DVR functions is all I'm interested in. I'm curious if you think I might be better off using Slingplayer Mobile until sometime in the future when taSageTV is more evolved? Or, perhaps you think it wont be much longer before taSageTV is on par with Slingplayer.

Thanks for all your hard work! I know you are already working at a very quick pace resolving issues.

-M

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-24-2010, 11:25 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I am curious if youre interested in making taSageTV so simple to install and configure..
Of course, but it's not that easy to do... Eventually, SageTCPServer will be available through the new plugin management available in SageTV 7.0 and taSageTV will probably be available on The Market.

I could switch to some UPnP broadcast mode to make the configuration trivial, but that's like killing a mosquito with a canon... Spending weeks coming up with full UPnP support so that people can save 60 seconds configuring their setup, that's not very efficient...

Quote:
Also, last I checked, taSageTV wasn't too dependable for watching TV with FF/REW/Pause/Play capability. Is this still true?
Technically, the streaming is a small part out-sourced to VLC and whatever media player is available on the user's device... Since I don't even have a device myself, I have to rely on user's feedback... So far it seems that the HTC Evo comes with a good media player for that, but other devices have been found to be lacking... Things might be better with the Android OS 2.2, as it will natively support progressive streams but...

Quote:
I'm curious if you think I might be better off using Slingplayer Mobile until sometime in the future when taSageTV is more evolved?
Well, if you can point me on how to launch the streaming to it, that might be an alternative.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Wow... great work here. This just might be the final push I need to ditch my new HTC HD2's for the new Droid X coming out.

THANKS!!
Old 06-24-2010, 12:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
What do you mean? For the SageTV 7.0 plugin support?
Yep - I installed it manuallly yesterday, but it would be really neat to have this listed in the plugins section on sage

-d

SageTV: v7.20 RC on Dell PE860, 8Gb RAM, Win7 x64; Recordings: 2Tb SATA. Collection: 12Tb DAS
DVB Logic - DVBLink 3.1 Tuners sourcing 2 x TBS 6980 Dual DVB-S2 (Astra 28, Astra 19, Hotbird, Thor) serving Clients 3 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x HD100

Tags
android