SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:27 PM
SageTVaholic

STV Import: EZOnline Definitions

If you are feeble minded like me and think it is difficult to add Podcasts (or Hulu shows playable with evilpenguin's plugin) to Sage's Online Services menu, this STVi is for you.

To Install:
  • Stop SageTV and the SageTV service.
  • Unzip the attached file to the SageTV install directory (usually C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV).
  • Import the STVi in the usual manner.

Once installed you will see a new directory named "EZOnline" under ..\SageTV\SageTV\STV\STVs\SageTV3. This is where the .properties files are stored that contain the information needed to add Podcasts to Sage's Online Services menu. You can have as many .properties files as you want in the directory as long as each one starts with "EZOnline".

Edit the properties file with your favorite text editor. The following is the contents of the EZOnline.properties file and explains the syntax:
Code:
#
# This is a template for creating definitions for Podcast feeds that you want to appear in in the
# Online Services menu of SageTV using the EZOnline STVi.
#
#
# Roots are the items that initially appear in the Online Services menu.  Make sure that:
#   - each root starts with "ez"
#   - each root is separated by a comma ","
#   - do not put any spaces in the string
#   - roots are case sensitive so ezThisRoot is NOT the same as ezthisroot
#
# In this example "Barret Jackson", "F1 On Speed" and "The Discovery Channel" will appear in the Online Service menu.
#
Roots=ezBarretJackson,ezDiscovery,ezFormula1

#
# For each root you need to define:
#   - /Name=The text that appears in the Online Services Menu.
#   - /Feed=The URL where the podcast can be found (or the external definition, see below.)
#   - /Branches=the "ez" items that should appear when you select this item from the Online Services menu.
#         - each branch must start with "ez".
#         - do not put any spaces in the string
#  
#   Note that you should have either /Feed or /Branches defined but not both.
#   Also note that everything is case sensitive.
#

#
# Example of how to define a simple podcast.
#
ezBarretJackson/Name=Barret Jackson (EZ)
ezBarretJackson/Feed=http://podcasts.speedtv.com/speed_barrett-jackson_podcast.xml

ezFormula1/Name=F1 on Speed (EZ)
ezFormula1/Feed=http://podcasts.speedtv.com/speed_F1_podcast.xml

#
# Example of how to define a "tree" for The Discovery Channel.  You will see The Discovery Channel on the Online
# Services menu.  When you select "Discovery Channel" you will then see "Full Episodes". When you select Full Episodes you
# will see "American Loggers", "MythBusters" and "Treasure Quest".
#
# This also shows how to define feeds from Hulu that are playable using PlayOn and EvilPenguin's "UPnP2Podcast".
#
ezDiscovery/Name=Discovery Channel (EZ)
ezDiscovery/Branches=ezDiscoveryFullEpisodes

ezDiscoveryFullEpisodes/Name=Full Episodes
ezDiscoveryFullEpisodes/Branches=ezAmericanLoggers,ezMythBusters,ezTreasureQuest

ezAmericanLoggers/Name=American Loggers
ezAmericanLoggers/Feed=external,UPnP2Podcast,PlayOn:Discovery Channel:Full Episodes:American Loggers:+2

ezMythBusters/Name=MythBusters
ezMythBusters/Feed=external,UPnP2Podcast,PlayOn:Discovery Channel:Full Episodes:MythBusters:+2

ezTreasureQuest/Name=Treasure Quest
ezTreasureQuest/Feed=external,UPnP2Podcast,PlayOn:Discovery Channel:Full Episodes:Treasure Quest:+2

#
# That's it!
#

Download here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=371

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.

Last edited by tmiranda; 03-25-2010 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Man Tom do you ever sleep?
Old 03-22-2010, 06:09 PM
SageTVaholic

All the time

My real job and my family keep me very busy and writing these STVi's keeps me sane. Besides, with the amount of time I've spent fiddling around adding Podcasts this STVi will save me time in the long run.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.

Last edited by tmiranda; 03-22-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Now I just have to figure out where to get these 'podcast' xml thinggy's... do you have to have itunes for it? (example that I'm looking for would be PBS Sprout here)

EDIT: Okay, So got that figured out... for those looking for this info, you have to subscribe to the feed in itunes, and then browse to it in your podcasts section (you have to choose the LIST view in podcasts. The default view doesn't expose the Copy Podcast URL context menu item).

For those with small children, here's the .properties I created for PBS Sprout's shows... some great shorts in here...
Code:
Roots=ezSprout

ezSprout/Name=PBS Sprout (EZ)
ezSprout/Branches=ezGoodNightShow,ezLetsGo,ezSunnySideUp,ezWigglyWaffle,ezPreSchoolMusical,ezSharing,ezCreate,ezMailman,ezBirthday

ezGoodNightShow/Name=The Good Night Show
ezGoodNightShow/Feed=http://feeds.theplatform.com/ps/getRSS?client=Standard&PID=uRoNN3Wq1rIFC_PEB8dcctBJJcRecRaC&startIndex=1&endIndex=500

ezLetsGo/Name=The Let's Go Show
ezLetsGo/Feed=http://feeds.theplatform.com/ps/getRSS?client=Standard&PID=E8uJqOh1H7KygxNlN4UIMwpnqP146dKO&startIndex=1&endIndex=500

ezSunnySideUp/Name=The Sunny Side Up Show
ezSunnySideUp/Feed=http://feeds.theplatform.com/ps/getRSS?client=Standard&PID=0JzcEEM2ARaZz5Gj0BLLvTc39re87GAx&startIndex=1&endIndex=500

ezWigglyWaffle/Name=Wiggly Waffle
ezWigglyWaffle/Feed=http://feeds.theplatform.com/ps/getRSS?client=Standard&PID=b_BMZmCzmIn813jEUBd6N7fWSGUesARb&startIndex=1&endIndex=500

ezPreSchoolMusical/Name=Sprout's PreSchool Musical...On A Stick
ezPreSchoolMusical/Feed=http://feeds.theplatform.com/ps/getRSS?client=Standard&PID=NaBF95n4Qop8_DaVqa_lts0jYJlTDHPZ&startIndex=1&endIndex=500

ezSharing/Name=The Sprout Sharing Show
ezSharing/Feed=http://feeds.theplatform.com/ps/getRSS?client=Standard&PID=CYosN5NL1LVCko4CwlHYdATMR8okihUM&startIndex=1&endIndex=500

ezCreate/Name=Sprout Diner's Time to Create
ezCreate/Feed=http://feeds.theplatform.com/ps/getRSS?client=Standard&PID=YO6fXgaMnVRuGDI-D6J9_cah80mFmaCY&startIndex=1&endIndex=500

ezMailman/Name=The Many Adventures of Mr. Mailman
ezMailman/Feed=http://feeds.theplatform.com/ps/getRSS?client=Standard&PID=Ekse3cJ6bovDCZrZO3jEeVjSZoOCsPPM&startIndex=1&endIndex=500

ezBirthday/Name=Birthday Parties
ezBirthday/Feed=http://feeds.theplatform.com/ps/getRSS?client=Standard&PID=lJU394yb3JkkZ5bD2o9mTARCbV82DjAN&startIndex=1&endIndex=500
Attached Files
File Type: txt EZOnline_PBS_Sprout.properties.txt (1.8 KB, 270 views)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room

Last edited by Fuzzy; 03-22-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
If you are feeble minded like me and think it is difficult to add Podcasts (or Hulu shows playable with evilpenguin's plugin) to Sage's Online Services menu, this STVi is for you.
King of the feeble Minds ... At your service!!!

I copied the 3 files(EZOnline.properties, EZOnline_CNN_Hulu.properties & EZThumbnail.properties) in the OnlineVideo folder ... I see no change to my online services menu items .. Any Ideas
1 notebook 1G of RAM 1.6Ghz Windows XP Home & 2 desktops win2k P3
Orig Ver: Sage 2.2
Old 03-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Got it .. The Path of my EZOnline folder was a little different from what is posted

C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3 ....

still trying to get those playon plugins to appear
1 notebook 1G of RAM 1.6Ghz Windows XP Home & 2 desktops win2k P3
Orig Ver: Sage 2.2
Old 03-24-2010, 11:12 PM
SageTVaholic

figures, even though he intended it for the 'feeble minded'... he still missed instructions in the post. After unzipping it, you ALSO have to import it into sage. (Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Advanced -> Manage Imports -> EZOnline v1.00.stvi). This import is what does the action of analyzing the simplified .properties file from the EZOnline folder, and adds the feeds to sage's online services menu.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 03-25-2010, 06:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
figures, even though he intended it for the 'feeble minded'... he still missed instructions in the post. After unzipping it, you ALSO have to import it into sage. (Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Advanced -> Manage Imports -> EZOnline v1.00.stvi). This import is what does the action of analyzing the simplified .properties file from the EZOnline folder, and adds the feeds to sage's online services menu.
See, I told you I was feeble minded. I fixed the instructions. Thanks Fuzzy.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:27 AM
Sage Expert

How do you browse the PlayOn server to get the path? I'm talking about this:

Discovery Channel:Full Episodes:Treasure Quest

Thanks!
Old 04-05-2010, 10:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Dinki,

If you search through this thread there is a program that lets you browse what's available through PlayOn. (I'm at work now and too lazy to find the specific post.) The program will find all media servers on your network and then let you easily browse the directory structure. When you look at the .properties files it will become (I hope) easy to see how you go from the directory structure to the /Feed= structure. The only thing a little strange is the +2 at the end of the line. That has something to do with how EvilPenguin's UPnP2Podcast.exe parses the information it receives from the PlayOn server.

Tom

Edit: I just looked at that thread and a link to the program is in the very first post under Warnings and Known Issues....

Last edited by tmiranda; 04-05-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Sage Expert

Okay. That does confirm that I was using the right tool (UPNP-Inspector). I'm trying to reverse engineer your Discovery Channel:Full Episodes:Treasure Quest entry but I can't for the life of me find the 'Discovery Channel' tree in Playon.

I'm trying to do one for CBS and 48 Hours Mystery. I used:

Code:
Roots=ezFavorites

ezFavorites/Name=My Favorites (EZ)
ezFavorites/Branches=ez48hours

ez48hours/Name=48 Hours Mystery
ez48hours/Feed=external,UPnP2Podcast,PlayOn:CBS:All TV Shows:48 Hours Mystery:Full Episodes:+2
Now I have had some issues with connecting to my PlayOn server recently but everything seems to be working now. Can you tell me if I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks!
Old 04-06-2010, 01:56 PM
SageTVaholic

I do not have access to my machine right now but it generally looks good. You may need to add ^ and $ wildcard characters to the end of the line. Look at the Hulu properties files in the OnlineVideos subdirectory for examples of how to use them.

I'll look into it in more detail tomorrow for you. I will not have any time tonight....

Old 04-06-2010, 07:10 PM
Sage Expert

It's working as is. I was checking things from work and didn't realize my Sage server wasn't seeing the PlayOn server on my other PC. I don't know where the disconnect is but it is frustrating. At any rate, thanks for another great tool!
Old 04-07-2010, 05:03 AM
SageTVaholic

You're welcome