SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-13-2010, 09:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Clients cannot connect to SageTV server after power outage (SOLVED)

In case anyone else suffers the same problem I thought that I would post what happened to me today. I have a Windows 7 system that is dedicated as a SageTV server serving Mac & HD200 clients around the house over the LAN. Today I accidentally cut the power to the server but on restoring power none of the clients could connect. I restarted the SageTV service a couple of times but that didn't fix the problem. The system was accessible over the network via RDP or ping.

Eventually I took a look at the Firewall settings & discovered that Windows had decided that my Home network was disconnected & that my system was instead connected to a Public network presumably with another more restrictive set of Firewall rules. On disconnecting the Public network & Connecting the Home network it all worked again.

Why is Windows so arbitrary & frustrating? This just highlighted to me another good reason why I am so happy that most of the other systems in the house are now Macs.