SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 04-15-2004, 10:14 PM
Sage User

Video speeds up over time

I'm just wondering if any one else is experiencing this problem with windows XP, sage 2.0.15 and a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-250.

Over time, the video gradually speeds up, eventually making it unwatchable. It will speed up to about 2x normal speed over an hour show. Reloading the media player in the setup screen relieves the problem, but it starts speeding up again right away.

The audio does not increase in pitch, but sounds garbled, as if it was skipping ahead, sort of like what you hear in fast forward mode on a CD player.

Seeking the video by clicking different positions in the playback bar makes it much worse. If I click on 4-5 spots in the playback bar, the video will start to play back at 2-3x normal right away.

I have tried playing back the MPEG2 files with Nero Showtime 6 and Intervideo WinDVD 4, and they play back fine, with no problems, even when jumping to other positions in the video.

I have updated my Hauppauge drivers to the latest version 1.8, found on their web site. I have also installed their Mpeg2 codec for compatibility with WinDVD, but this did not help either.

Very strange.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:44 PM
Sage User

Same problem in 2.0.16 RC1

I eagerly upgraded to 2.0.16 RC1, but unfortunately the problem persists.

I should add that even when viewing live TV, the audio is choppy. It sounds like bits of the audio are just dropping out.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:27 PM
Sage Expert

Could you give us more info on your system? What hardware are you using (including mobo chipset)? What mpeg decoders have you tried? Do you use that computer for more then just sagetv and if so do you login as different users?

Scott