SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
that would be the jetty webserver username/password. It defaults to sage/frey (iirc) but you can (and probably should) change it. You do that by configuring the Jetty webserver in the plugin manager... one of the options will be user/pass
Thank you, this worked.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:07 PM
SageTVaholic

hey guys, there used to be a menu option to update/find fanart and metadata, is that going to ever show up again? the reason I ask is because lately bmt isn't pulling down fanart, it is only getting metadata. thoughts?
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
hey guys, there used to be a menu option to update/find fanart and metadata, is that going to ever show up again? the reason I ask is because lately bmt isn't pulling down fanart, it is only getting metadata. thoughts?
I'm not sure if there is a plugin that supports this from the stv.. but i suspect that if there was one, then it still wouldn't work. We should probably figure out why fanart is not getting pulled down. Did you check the phoenix-metadata.log... it logs out an entry for each downloaded/failed fanart piece.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I'm not sure if there is a plugin that supports this from the stv.. but i suspect that if there was one, then it still wouldn't work. We should probably figure out why fanart is not getting pulled down. Did you check the phoenix-metadata.log... it logs out an entry for each downloaded/failed fanart piece.
Hi, BMT pulls down posters for all my movies, but not backgrounds (fanart), which i would like to use for SMM. I do have some backgrounds in their folders, but that seems to be older movies that i added; new ones do not seem to be pulled down. Looking at that log file, for fanart always shows poster downloaded ok, but does not seem to mention any error for backgrounds-how can I be sure it is trying to download these? Thanks
Old 09-23-2010, 10:48 PM
SageTVaholic

are there background fanart items available for the movies in question? check themoviedb.org. Also, if you are using imdb as your primary source, I'm pretty sure it'll only get posters/covers.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-24-2010, 07:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
are there background fanart items available for the movies in question? check themoviedb.org. Also, if you are using imdb as your primary source, I'm pretty sure it'll only get posters/covers.
Actually under 4.5+ of bmt, even if you specify imdb as the provider, it will automatically use themoviedb for fanart if fanart is enabled. 4.5+ allows you to configure a separate fanart provider for metadata providers that do no provide fanart directly, such as imdb.

I'd try to see if you can download the urls that show in the log directly using a browser. It does appear that bmt is trying to download the files, but for some reason (connection issue, file not found, etc) it is failing.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

It looks like my issue was I had peer guardian enable, which blocked IMDB downloads. Thanks
Old 10-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Sage User

Disable metadata update on specific folders

Hi,

I'm using BMT 4.6 and wonder if it offers a way to disable a metadata search for specific folders while still allowing SageTV to import videos from the folders?

I tried this with an earlier version of BMT (pre-4) and disabling metadata lookup also disabled the folder for video import.

I'd like this feature because I record and re-compress some shows which do not have metadata available and I either get bogus properties files or an error from BMT.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrow View Post
Hi,

I'm using BMT 4.6 and wonder if it offers a way to disable a metadata search for specific folders while still allowing SageTV to import videos from the folders?

I tried this with an earlier version of BMT (pre-4) and disabling metadata lookup also disabled the folder for video import.

I'd like this feature because I record and re-compress some shows which do not have metadata available and I either get bogus properties files or an error from BMT.
I think that 4.6 supported the exclude filter on vidoes. If you search the web ui configuration for "exclude" and then enter the folder name that you wanted excluded, it should no longer try to find metadata for files in that folder.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Is there any way to install version 4.6 on a sageTV 6.6.2 setup (which is already using a configured and fully working 4.0 BMT?

Is it as simple as downloading the package and replace the files that I already have?

Would the same thing hold true for the latest phoenix package?

Maybe there's a simple way to download plugins and use them with sageTV 6.6.2?

Thanks,
MKANET

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-05-2010, 06:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Is there any way to install version 4.6 on a sageTV 6.6.2 setup (which is already using a configured and fully working 4.0 BMT?

Is it as simple as downloading the package and replace the files that I already have?

Would the same thing hold true for the latest phoenix package?

Maybe there's a simple way to download plugins and use them with sageTV 6.6.2?

Thanks,
MKANET
Unfortunately, any version past the 4.0 beta21 will not work on Sage6. You cannot simply download the current Sage7 plugin versions and use them in Sage6, because they contain APIs calls that are only available in Sage7. I don't intend on creating any further Sage6 compatible versions.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckless
Originally Posted by stuckless
Do you have the automatic plugin installed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsabre View Post
Metadata Tools Status > Automatic Plugin Enabled (Server) > True
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckless
Originally Posted by stuckless
Try removing the SAGE_HOME/cache directory... it could be that it has cached items, and it's not being updated.
Quote:
Removed it will see what happens..
This still doesn't work.

I know people have been having issues with fanart. It appears that if you update from the web frontend it will update most shows with fanart. Not the greatest but you can use this work around.

It believe that whatever triggers BMT to update is not working correctly.

SageTV 6.6
BMT 4.0 beta21
Old 10-06-2010, 09:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
This still doesn't work.

I know people have been having issues with fanart. It appears that if you update from the web frontend it will update most shows with fanart. Not the greatest but you can use this work around.

It believe that whatever triggers BMT to update is not working correctly.

SageTV 6.6
BMT 4.0 beta21
It's too bad that it's not working for you I use the automatic plugin almost daily on my sage server, and I've never had an issue, except for the odd show/movie that not named well. I typically don't use the web ui very often myself.

I did change how the automatic is invoked from Sage6 to 7 since in sage 7, a new event model was added that better supports hooking into when you need to fetch metadata/fanart. YOu might have better luck, if you ever go to Sage7.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Sage Icon

using bmt 4.0.21, sagetv V6.6.2

Got it to work to via web ui to get metadata, update, and import as TV recording an Imported show.

Running into issue with an existing TV Recording that I want to update the Metadata, Display Title, Episode name (had gotten messed up with bmt 3).

Get the right metadata, click save, have all boxes checked (to include update wiz.bin) but the info is not updated.

any suggestions? weeding thru this entire thread but haven't found the answer yet.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
using bmt 4.0.21, sagetv V6.6.2

Got it to work to via web ui to get metadata, update, and import as TV recording an Imported show.

Running into issue with an existing TV Recording that I want to update the Metadata, Display Title, Episode name (had gotten messed up with bmt 3).

Get the right metadata, click save, have all boxes checked (to include update wiz.bin) but the info is not updated.

any suggestions? weeding thru this entire thread but haven't found the answer yet.
I can't say for sure... it's been a long time since I used the 6.x release of bmt Because of the cross linked metadata issues that came up in the various releases, I'm wondering if I removed the direct wiz.bin updating or not... I do know for awhile it was gone, but then I'm not sure if I put it back in for 6. I know in 7 you have full update support again, because the cross linked issue has been resolved.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

I've got a quick question about show titles. Sage records the show as NCISLosAngeles-xxxxxxx-x, BMT finds the title no problem but puts "NCIS : Los Angeles" in MediaTitle field of .properties. Of coarse the colon is a special character so when I do my renaming using the .properties info its not happy. Is there a way to 'suggest' to my BMT setup to never use reserved/special characters and just use a "-" in place of anything on a reserved list?

Alternately, can BMT be told to replace that in this specific title? I don't mind touching the process each time an anomaly comes up.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Old 10-07-2010, 06:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
I've got a quick question about show titles. Sage records the show as NCISLosAngeles-xxxxxxx-x, BMT finds the title no problem but puts "NCIS : Los Angeles" in MediaTitle field of .properties. Of coarse the colon is a special character so when I do my renaming using the .properties info its not happy. Is there a way to 'suggest' to my BMT setup to never use reserved/special characters and just use a "-" in place of anything on a reserved list?

Alternately, can BMT be told to replace that in this specific title? I don't mind touching the process each time an anomaly comes up.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
I'm not quite sure I understand. Is this a BMT issue? Is it an issue to have a ":" in the .properties? If it is, then that's something that I'm unaware of.

I don't think that there is a way in BMT to specify an alternate title. You may be able to do that using the MediaTitles.xml, but I'm sure it will use that Title in the final output or not.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:38 PM
SageTVaholic

a more reasonable solution would be to fix whatever you are using for your renaming to scrub the strings to something filename compatible.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I'm not quite sure I understand. Is this a BMT issue? Is it an issue to have a ":" in the .properties?
Sorry, should have been clearer. It's not an 'issue' in the sense of a problem with the application itself. I'm renaming files based on the info in .properties to be "Series - SXXEXX" formatted and a ":" is a problem for windows file names. BMT has been so useful to me that I was hoping for a 'global' edit of the .properties as it's grabbing title info or use the Mediatitle.xml as a 'ruleset'. I can certainly do a test/replace in my renaming setup as Fuzzy suggests. As I use BMT to create the .properties it seemed the logical place to start.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
Sorry, should have been clearer. It's not an 'issue' in the sense of a problem with the application itself. I'm renaming files based on the info in .properties to be "Series - SXXEXX" formatted and a ":" is a problem for windows file names. BMT has been so useful to me that I was hoping for a 'global' edit of the .properties as it's grabbing title info or use the Mediatitle.xml as a 'ruleset'. I can certainly do a test/replace in my renaming setup as Fuzzy suggests. As I use BMT to create the .properties it seemed the logical place to start.
It's just not really in the realm of BMT's purpose. BMT really should be limited to it's primary function, that being retrieving and tagging media. Those tags should strive to be 100% correct. In this case, the : is 100% correct, and any features added to BMT to alter that behavior would not only be a step in the wrong direction, it would be even more unnecessary bloat added in to an already seemingly massive project.