SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 09-05-2010, 02:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivilya View Post
Hi,

Quick question... I noticed that BMT is doing much better work in getting the meta-data for the movies/shows I have then the MyMovies collection manager (well, mostly, I believe, since it pulls data according to the actual file name).

Is it possible to get BMT to populate the meta-data of the MyMovie database/properties files ?

Thanks,
Tomer.
I would be possible, in the sense that someone could write a persistence engine that writes directly to the MyMovies database. That's not something that I'm considering... but it is possible.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you for this great tool for sage and all the hard work you have done on it. Its asome.

My one quesiton is I am updating my collection and everthing is great other than i am having on issue. when BMT trys to pull info for a Doctor Who (2005) Special like the x-mas ones it wont. Its on TvDB.com but all the specials are not in a season 1-5. But in their on season called specials and then episodes. I know in BMT it only except numbers for the season. Is there any way around this ?
2-HD200, Win7pro64bit,AMD Athlon II X4 quad620 / 2.60GHz,4gb Memory Speed MHz: 800,320hd for os, scsi 80gb recording+comcerial cutting then transfered to 2tb for tv and movies. 1 HDHR 2x250 nas for other media and a small whs server for backup only
Old 09-06-2010, 09:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreameriz View Post
Thank you for this great tool for sage and all the hard work you have done on it. Its asome.

My one quesiton is I am updating my collection and everthing is great other than i am having on issue. when BMT trys to pull info for a Doctor Who (2005) Special like the x-mas ones it wont. Its on TvDB.com but all the specials are not in a season 1-5. But in their on season called specials and then episodes. I know in BMT it only except numbers for the season. Is there any way around this ?
Unfortunately, requiring the season to be a number was a little short sighted on my part. There's no easy solution, other than manual editing, and using a "fake" season number

In the future, I'll have to address the "specials", but there's nothing on my short term plans, sorry.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:38 PM
SageTVaholic

I thought thetvdb addressed specials as season 0. While this may not be chronologically correct, it is about the only way to diffrentiate them. As long as the OA date is still correct, they would still be able to be properly sorted.

Of course, theTVdb also has special 'aired before' or 'aired after' tags for them, to associate them with a particular interseason gap.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-07-2010, 05:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Fuzzy's correct. The TVDB convention is that the specials actually have the numeric value of "0" for the season number.

Can you allow for and use that?
Old 09-07-2010, 05:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I thought thetvdb addressed specials as season 0. While this may not be chronologically correct, it is about the only way to diffrentiate them. As long as the OA date is still correct, they would still be able to be properly sorted.

Of course, theTVdb also has special 'aired before' or 'aired after' tags for them, to associate them with a particular interseason gap.
Yeah... I'll probably have to add some sort of "special" flag, since today, the tvdb processor will throw an error if it doesn't have a valid season and episode.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

Sorry I should had said that in the first place I tried that and still just got nothing. I had to manly edit the info.

Thanks any way just thought I would ask to see if I was missing something
2-HD200, Win7pro64bit,AMD Athlon II X4 quad620 / 2.60GHz,4gb Memory Speed MHz: 800,320hd for os, scsi 80gb recording+comcerial cutting then transfered to 2tb for tv and movies. 1 HDHR 2x250 nas for other media and a small whs server for backup only
Old 09-07-2010, 07:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreameriz View Post
Sorry I should had said that in the first place I tried that and still just got nothing. I had to manly edit the info.

Thanks any way just thought I would ask to see if I was missing something
Part of the issue, is that in the bmt scanner/processor, it will fail with an error if it cannot fully resolve a season # and epsidode # for tv show. What I need to do, is add some better logic for processing specials.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Well, I think all you really have to do is make sure zero is accepted as an acceptable season number. They do contain episode numbers (though they are numbered basically in the order they are added to the database).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Well, I think all you really have to do is make sure zero is accepted as an acceptable season number. They do contain episode numbers (though they are numbered basically in the order they are added to the database).
Unfortunately, I test the season number in a number of places for > 0, and I branch if there is a season. ie, when I'm formatting titles, if there isn't a season, then I won't use the tv formatter. There are a number of these tests, so it's just a matter of finding them and replacing it with a test on the epsisode number > 0 (unless having a 0 episode is valid )
Old 09-07-2010, 10:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Is there any items that tvdb returns that have season 0 besides specials? I'm trying to figure out where these checks are being done?

Old 09-08-2010, 06:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Is there any items that tvdb returns that have season 0 besides specials? I'm trying to figure out where these checks are being done?
I tend to check for "SeasonNumber>0" in places where I'm trying to determine if I have valid tv information... (I also check other fields). For example in the Missing Metadata visitor (that is used to find items that don't have valid metadata), I use the use the SeasonNumber (and other fields)... I also use it when determining how to format titles... and I use it to determine if a tv provider has populated the tv info...

It's not hard to change this, and I have some scheduled tvdb tasks to do on bmt, so I'll look at adding in the support for specials as well. (I've added an issue for it). If you are ever curious about what my "list" is for bmt, you can check out the issues... that's my guide for new enhancements and fixing bugs.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Okay, I though it was being checked when grabbing the info from tvdb. If it isn't, than at least it should still pull the data and populate wiz.bin with the s00e02 whatever data.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Sage User

Where can I adjust the number of items that are loaded when I click "Load More Items". It seems to be set to five, and that takes forever to the back of the list. I recall having that option in the past, but cant find it now.
(Fresh install)
Old 09-09-2010, 05:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by noizze View Post
Where can I adjust the number of items that are loaded when I click "Load More Items". It seems to be set to five, and that takes forever to the back of the list. I recall having that option in the past, but cant find it now.
(Fresh install)
From the webui, Configure -> Phoenix -> WebUI Settings -> Max Items per View. On a fresh install, it should default to 15.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I think the last version of bmt that worked under Sage6 is the 4.0-beta21.]
I am having a problem with 4.0-beta21. I believe I setup everything correctly (but I could be wrong)

It is not processing TV shows. I have to manually scan from the WebGUI. Do I have to add the location where the show are being recorded to the video sources? (Configure > SageTV > Video Sources) I currently only have one listing which is a movies directory, which seems to get updated correctly.

Additionally, there are a few TV shows that are not being added but are available on thetvdb.com site. (ie, Deadliest Warrior, 60 Minutes)

Your help is greatly appreciated...
Old 09-12-2010, 06:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsabre View Post
I am having a problem with 4.0-beta21. I believe I setup everything correctly (but I could be wrong)

It is not processing TV shows. I have to manually scan from the WebGUI. Do I have to add the location where the show are being recorded to the video sources? (Configure > SageTV > Video Sources) I currently only have one listing which is a movies directory, which seems to get updated correctly.
Do you have the automatic plugin installed?

Quote:
Additionally, there are a few TV shows that are not being added but are available on thetvdb.com site. (ie, Deadliest Warrior, 60 Minutes)
Try removing the SAGE_HOME/cache directory... it could be that it has cached items, and it's not being updated.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Do you have the automatic plugin installed?
Metadata Tools Status > Automatic Plugin Enabled (Server) > True

Quote:
Try removing the SAGE_HOME/cache directory... it could be that it has cached items, and it's not being updated.
Removed it will see what happens..
Old 09-22-2010, 08:17 PM
Sage User

Hey guys, first stuckless let me say thanks for working on this so much.

I have a few setup questions. I tried reading the documentation but it says it is out of date and I'm confused as to what steps I should be following (if any?) since it says to just install it via the plugin installer.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 32-Bit, SageTV 7 (latest beta) and I've installed the web interface plugin of Metadata tools via the plugin installer. Nothing seemed to be different so I tried to go to the web interface and after putting in the localhost:8080/bmt/ I get a popup asking for login and password which I've been unable to find in any posts in this thread or documentation. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 09-23-2010, 07:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudWraith View Post
I tried to go to the web interface and after putting in the localhost:8080/bmt/ I get a popup asking for login and password which I've been unable to find in any posts in this thread or documentation. Am I doing something wrong?
that would be the jetty webserver username/password. It defaults to sage/frey (iirc) but you can (and probably should) change it. You do that by configuring the Jetty webserver in the plugin manager... one of the options will be user/pass
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 09-23-2010 at 07:51 AM.